In 5 weeks you will weigh...

2»

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,721 Member
    I hate that message. It only reminds me just how long I have to continue slogging away to keep within my pitifully small daily allocation of calories. I’d rather not see it. Would much rather get a huge firework display for simply hitting THAT DAY. I prefer focusing on the baby steps rather than the mountain top.

Don't close your food diary, and you won't see it. As far as I know, there's no other conseqence of not closing your diary, other than missing that message, and not having the automatic status update on your timeline that you logged your day.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    When looked at as kind of a range or average (vs each individual day) and assuming I was eating at approximately the same deficit over the entire period (again-as a range or average vs each individual day), the prediction really isn’t all that far off.

Where it gets sketchy is that I don’t always maintain a deficit for 5 weeks, or the same deficit, and my weight fluctuates wildly (up as much as 8 pounds from one day to the next) so the calculation could be starting from a somewhat skewed spot (meaning I would be losing from a weight lower than the 8 pound water bump that mfp is using for its starting calculation).

But even with all that-it’s not so wildly off that it doesn’t serve as a check-point. Check point. Not gospel.
  • GrizzledSquirrel
    GrizzledSquirrel Posts: 120 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Don't close your food diary, and you won't see it. As far as I know, there's no other conseqence of not closing your diary, other than missing that message, and not having the automatic status update on your timeline that you logged your day.

Great, straightforward tip! Thanks @AnnPT77
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    I just quit closing my diary a long time ago cause I didn’t like the red writing and the warning that I went over my calories when I was 4 or 5 calories over. Does it still do that?
  • unstableunicorn
    unstableunicorn Posts: 216 Member
    I take it with a grain of salt. Next week I’ll have period challenges. This Friday hubby and I are getting pizza while we wait on car reairs. Life happens, but that message upon diary completion lets me know how well (or not so well) I did that day. I ate a lot more Friday or Saturday and was pleasantly surprised by the guestimate, which made it easier to get back on track the following day. :)
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,508 Member
    I just quit closing my diary a long time ago cause I didn’t like the red writing and the warning that I went over my calories when I was 4 or 5 calories over. Does it still do that?

Abso-blimin-loutely. I hate seeing the red. I had to stop tracking calcium as going over my RDA was coming up in red and it was annoying me.