New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    wn7vtj819dzp.jpeg
    ipq1scap45jc.jpeg
    nrweerc8o61h.jpeg
    f6cqbeyu04c0.png

No clue if anyone has posted about these things yet, so figured I would lol
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Maxematics wrote: »
    So I just got my Built Bar shipment. I ordered a mixed box of the new Built Burner bars and got two free mango bars. Well, they screwed up again! I was sent a mixed box of their regular bars instead. I'm going to email them of course but I'd like to see them argue this one like they did with their last mistake.

d42i8tcb0oqk.jpg

Ignore the state of the box. It got soggy from being packed with an ice pack and ripped.
    9qcs65lhjwqe.jpg

OMG, they better give you 2 free boxes at least for all your troubles! I am afraid to order from them after seeing this and their terrible customer service. Have you tried the burner bars? How are they different in taste/texture?

Oh good!! Now I am not as afraid to order, lol. If they are good I might buy them too. The burner bars have some cool flavors I'd love to try. Looking forward to see what you think!

The weirdest part is I just started looking at the mix they sent me and it has no rhyme or reason to it. I'm trying to find a version of the box they've sent me on their site and can't. I received 2 banana, 1 raspberry, 2 orange, 1 mint, 2 vanilla, 2 salted caramel, 2 mint brownie, 2 double chocolate, 2 mocha chocolate, and 2 coconut chocolate. That's 10 flavors, but 18 bars. They only sell a 10 flavor mixed box for $19.95 when my box of burner bars was $42. Build your own box comes with 18 bars for $36 but you can only choose up to six different flavors. WTF?! I don't even know what this box is.

I live in Canada, so my experience is a little different
    This is what their response to me was when I contacted them regarding the sample box/cost etc.,

Built Bar <support@builtbar.com>
    Fri 2019-08-09 12:06 AM
    Thank you for getting back to us. Sorry for the confusion, If you're located in Canada the sample box with 10 bars is not available due to expensive shipping cost. The only available boxes we have in there are only full boxes $48/box. I would suggest trying the mixed box which has already top pick flavors we have. You can use this discount coupon code SAVE to get 10% off on your order. If you need further assistance, feel free to reach us always.

Thank you and have a great evening.

With shipping it's just over $60 a box...needless to say, I don't want to try them that badly lol!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    The reeses puffs are really good.

I had 2 boxes of the belvita and gave them to the homeless after one taste. It tasted off to me but I'm not that big of a honey fan.
    wn7vtj819dzp.jpeg
    ipq1scap45jc.jpeg
    nrweerc8o61h.jpeg
    f6cqbeyu04c0.png

No clue if anyone has posted about these things yet, so figured I would lol

• Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    edited August 2019
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    So I just got my Built Bar shipment. I ordered a mixed box of the new Built Burner bars and got two free mango bars. Well, they screwed up again! I was sent a mixed box of their regular bars instead. I'm going to email them of course but I'd like to see them argue this one like they did with their last mistake.

d42i8tcb0oqk.jpg

Ignore the state of the box. It got soggy from being packed with an ice pack and ripped.
    9qcs65lhjwqe.jpg

OMG, they better give you 2 free boxes at least for all your troubles! I am afraid to order from them after seeing this and their terrible customer service. Have you tried the burner bars? How are they different in taste/texture?

Oh good!! Now I am not as afraid to order, lol. If they are good I might buy them too. The burner bars have some cool flavors I'd love to try. Looking forward to see what you think!

The weirdest part is I just started looking at the mix they sent me and it has no rhyme or reason to it. I'm trying to find a version of the box they've sent me on their site and can't. I received 2 banana, 1 raspberry, 2 orange, 1 mint, 2 vanilla, 2 salted caramel, 2 mint brownie, 2 double chocolate, 2 mocha chocolate, and 2 coconut chocolate. That's 10 flavors, but 18 bars. They only sell a 10 flavor mixed box for $19.95 when my box of burner bars was $42. Build your own box comes with 18 bars for $36 but you can only choose up to six different flavors. WTF?! I don't even know what this box is.

I live in Canada, so my experience is a little different
    This is what their response to me was when I contacted them regarding the sample box/cost etc.,

Built Bar <support@builtbar.com>
    Fri 2019-08-09 12:06 AM
    Thank you for getting back to us. Sorry for the confusion, If you're located in Canada the sample box with 10 bars is not available due to expensive shipping cost. The only available boxes we have in there are only full boxes $48/box. I would suggest trying the mixed box which has already top pick flavors we have. You can use this discount coupon code SAVE to get 10% off on your order. If you need further assistance, feel free to reach us always.

Thank you and have a great evening.

With shipping it's just over $60 a box...needless to say, I don't want to try them that badly lol!

Yeah that's too expensive. They're good but there is nothing about them that's so "wow" that it's a must buy. What I like about them most is that the calories/macros are impressive. I like that I can feel like I'm having a big chocolate snack for just ~110 calories and getting 15g of protein in at the same time. All of the flavors only have subtle differences too in my opinion. I just finished having their new mango bar and it's good but not something I'd buy again. The texture inside was softer than usual, which I really enjoyed, and there is definitely a subtle mango flavor though.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    wx8p4izqbk8h.jpg
  • Maxematics
    I went to World Market this weekend and picked up these:
    kibuv1ylzl9g.png
    They were $.99 each so I couldn't help myself. The bars are 90 to 100 calories each. They had four different bars.

The first I bought is called Wake & Focus (my package says Woke and Focused...interesting) and it's Cookies & Cream flavored and has guarana, MCT Oil, and omega 3 in it. I just tried it and it was pretty good. I like that it has 7g of protein in it when I need a bit extra. I'll see if it makes me feel awake and/or focused within the next few hours.

I also bought the Beauty - White Chocolate Berry Bliss one which has collagen in it, Eye of the Tiger which is caramel, chocolate, and peanut flavored with guarana and turmeric in it for muscle recovery, and one that's chocolate peanut butter flavored with no extra ingredients in it.
  • yourad0rk wrote: »
    I've been on a bit of a protein hype the past few weeks and was really looking around for some good bars and found Quest Bars, I bought the 'Cookies and Cream' and 'Double Chocolate Chunk'. They're horrible, they taste like artificial sweetener and salt, and I can never stomach more than half a bar in one sitting, I've found that they're more palatable when cold, although that means they're harsh on your teeth. But despite all that, they're really good for you, and not a bad (even if horrid tasting) filling snack for on the go.

I'm interested in trying the Quest Protein chips though, and have bought some BBQ flavoured ones which I'm still waiting on in the post. Fingers crossed they taste better than the bars, and also better than 'Protein Bites' by Novo which carry a very strange taste regardless of flavour.

I love the Quest chips and the Quest Chocolate Chip cookie! Also, you can warm the bars just a tad and soften them up. SUPER GOOD THAT WAY. I also love RSP Whole Bars- Double Chocolate. I like Nick's Turkey sticks too. Full of protein.

• pancakerunner
    fsndj2mczusy.png

Anyone try these yet?
  • pancakerunner
    If anyone lives in the Boston area/New England... came across this new lite ice cream brand :)

https://www.sweetieicecream.com/where-to-find
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Omg all these are one penny at dollar general starting tomorrow. Going to try to find the Hershey crunch been wanting to try! k2boi7udv71s.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    kibuv1ylzl9g.png
    They were $.99 each so I couldn't help myself. The bars are 90 to 100 calories each. They had four different bars.

The first I bought is called Wake & Focus (my package says Woke and Focused...interesting) and it's Cookies & Cream flavored and has guarana, MCT Oil, and omega 3 in it. I just tried it and it was pretty good. I like that it has 7g of protein in it when I need a bit extra. I'll see if it makes me feel awake and/or focused within the next few hours.

I also bought the Beauty - White Chocolate Berry Bliss one which has collagen in it, Eye of the Tiger which is caramel, chocolate, and peanut flavored with guarana and turmeric in it for muscle recovery, and one that's chocolate peanut butter flavored with no extra ingredients in it.

These look good! Are they the same as the regular bigger jimmy bars? I’ve had those in the past and wondering if you’ve had both.
  • Maxematics
    kibuv1ylzl9g.png

These look good! Are they the same as the regular bigger jimmy bars? I’ve had those in the past and wondering if you’ve had both.

Yeah, the Skinny Jimmy bars are smaller sizes of their regular bars but I haven't had them. I have only had Jimmy Bars back when they looked like this around three years ago. I remember thinking they weren't that great and then I never saw them again.
    41ocv24wGkL.jpg
    c700x420.jpg
    It seems like they've completely revamped their brand since that time. The cookies and cream mini bar I had today was good compared to what I remember about them in the past but I'm not sold yet.
  • pancakerunner
    kibuv1ylzl9g.png

Yeah, the Skinny Jimmy bars are smaller sizes of their regular bars but I haven't had them. I have only had Jimmy Bars back when they looked like this around three years ago. I remember thinking they weren't that great and then I never saw them again.
    41ocv24wGkL.jpg
    c700x420.jpg
    It seems like they've completely revamped their brand since that time. The cookies and cream mini bar I had today was good compared to what I remember about them in the past but I'm not sold yet.

I've always been curious about the texture on these compared to other bars??
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member
    Dairy Queen has two new Snickers Blizzards, Snickers and Peanut Butter Snickers. I don't know how I pass that place without stopping, I love chocolate peanut butter ice cream!
  • pancakerunner
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Dairy Queen has two new Snickers Blizzards, Snickers and Peanut Butter Snickers. I don't know how I pass that place without stopping, I love chocolate peanut butter ice cream!

Snicker's are my least favorite chocolate brand... Reese's though >>>>
  • pancakerunner
    e79l94i4gfsv.jpg
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    fsndj2mczusy.png

Anyone try these yet?

I have tried a few of them so far. They taste similar to others, like Bang. The sour apple is the one I prefer as it is like a candy I would get as a teen that was a sort of sour apple gel. Though not really sour.