Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Threw 2 more albums out, only pulled a few pics to keep. I never really thought about the fact that I haven't looked at some of them in 30, or more, years. And haven't seen most of these people since high school.
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Part of decluttering is not buying things.... Today, I went to the teacher store and bought some things for my classroom. Then, I was tempted to go to TJMaxx or Target to keep shopping. I told myself "What's the point?"- for a quick thrill of buying some things I really don't need, I will just have to lug them home and find places in my clean apartment for the purchases. So, I just came home and will read instead.

@NewLIFEstyle4ME I hope you're ok. I haven't seen any posts from you recently and I know how active you usually are. If you're on a trip or taking a break, then keep it going!! xo Thinking of you! <3

Nice resistance Ruby!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited August 2019
    snoo61 wrote: »
    Hi friends, got home last night to a clean house! Hubby cleaned, mopped, and even shampooed carpets. It was a wonderful feeling!

Whatcha talking about..."Hubby cleaned, mopped and even shampooed the carpets"?!?!???!!!!!
    Mr. Snoo is THE bombdotcom, period--just like you! YAY Mr. & Mrs. Snoo--LOVE you guys and BOOM!
    <3o:)<3

RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Part of decluttering is not buying things.... Today, I went to the teacher store and bought some things for my classroom. Then, I was tempted to go to TJMaxx or Target to keep shopping. I told myself "What's the point?"- for a quick thrill of buying some things I really don't need, I will just have to lug them home and find places in my clean apartment for the purchases. So, I just came home and will read instead.

@NewLIFEstyle4ME I hope you're ok. I haven't seen any posts from you recently and I know how active you usually are. If you're on a trip or taking a break, then keep it going!! xo Thinking of you! <3

I LOVE what you're thinking and doing Ruby...just strong, wise and fabulous you are, period. Speaking of which, for you to write that you're thinking of me and miss me (checking on me) makes me feel like a million bucks, TAX-FREE!
    Thank you so much for being you. LOVE you and {{{{ Hugs}}}}

cory17 wrote: »
    Congrats @NewLIFEstyle4ME Bet you're feeling so good!!

G....you're the BEST, period. Thank you for being YOU and for all that you do and add to helping us in this decluttering business. YAY YOU and LOVE and {{{ Hugs}}}}
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,131 Member
    @RubyRed427
    Way to go with your control!!

@NewLIFESstyle4ME
    Congrats on your success! But were are your cute socks girl? Those were the best part of the picture, besides seeing your numbers go down.
  • _BeBrave
    _BeBrave Posts: 23 Member
    Omg this thread gives me so much joy to read. I'm working to declutter my home and life at the moment. Slowly I am seeing positive changes in all areas and it's so refreshing to finally feel in control again. Thank you everyone who has posr d before me. 💕
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    _BeBrave wrote: »
    Omg this thread gives me so much joy to read. I'm working to declutter my home and life at the moment. Slowly I am seeing positive changes in all areas and it's so refreshing to finally feel in control again. Thank you everyone who has posr d before me. 💕

I LOVE your user name and YAY YOU for daring to get on the "LET IT GO and DON'T LOOK BACK" bandwagon.
    {{{{ Hugs and the highest of fives to/for YOU }}}}}} <3o:)<3
  • Gisel2015
    @NewLIFESstyle4ME
    I think that the scale is up a bit because your cute socks are heavier than the dark ones, not because you gained wt of any kind :D
  • Gisel2015
    I am back in my organizing mood! I don't call it "declutering" because every room in the house is in proper order (husband side of the office is an exception... :s ), but even when I do have order in my closet too, I needed to donate clothing items that I don't wear anymore. So I did that today.

I found a second hand boutique that is very put together, clean and organized but is not near my house so I have to make a special trip. I get disappointed with places where the drop-off for donation is a mess. I feel that it is a disrespect to the people that brings the donations, even if the actual store where items are sold is in order. OK, call me weird and picky.

This new boutique seem accept, and sell at a very discounted prices, clothing that are newer, seldom used, and of higher quality. The owner told me that they sell mostly to business people that need a variety of items and don't want to (or can't) spend a lot of money and to people that go back to the work force after a long hiatus. They don't get too many small or petite sizes items, so my donations were very appreciated. I think that they will be getting more business from me.

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited August 2019
    Your contribution to this thread is very much appreciated. I'm so GLAD you are overcoming a LOT of "stuff" that has hindered you for so long! I LOVE when you said:

"It may not be hurting but its taking space and it's not adding to me. No more having stashes I want to get lean in all areas except for money I want to be loaded lol."

What's so tremendous about this "lifestyle" of being and becoming more and more "leaner" in every area of our lives, we suddenly "find" ourselves with a little more and more money, because we become more "watchful" about how and where we spend our time and money.

Thank you again for posting and {{{{{{{{ <3 HUGS <3}}}}}}}}}}}}
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    THIS is soooooo GOOD, please check this out, as this darling has a whole bunch for tips and ideas that will help us tremendously is our battles WIN(s) and WINNING in decluttering AND organizing stuff--check it out:

ORGANIZE: 20 Ways to Clean, Purge and Organize Your Bedroom Closet that are Borderline GENIUS!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7HLFJ1ZJFo
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    I cannot, CANNOT persuade myself to get rid of my bike that was destroyed four weeks ago, even though today I took delivery of a new bike. I am not normally so sentimental about mechanical things. DH says that he's going to try to repair it so that I have a backup for when I need it.

It's so bizarre as we've just moved house, I have gotten rid of (literally) tons of stuff and yet I cannot bear even the thought of getting rid of my old unusable bike.

However, later on this week I will be recycling all of my degree notes bar my essays and dissertation. I have also decided, a little reluctantly, to get rid of my children's artwork AFTER I have photographed it all. Much as I love the drawings, there are a lot (four children who were prolific artists) of pics. The children don't want them so I think that photographing them is the solution.

{{{{ Hugs }}}}} about your accident and SUPER CONGRATS on your courage to get a new bike and continue riding--you ROCK! Also, you can ALWAYS take a pic of your damaged bike and get rid of it and celebrate your new bike all the more. You're doing so well...you make me smile--YAY YOU!
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    edited August 2019
    THIS is soooooo GOOD, please check this out, as this darling has a whole bunch for tips and ideas that will help us tremendously is our battles WIN(s) and WINNING in decluttering AND organizing stuff--check it out:

ORGANIZE: 20 Ways to Clean, Purge and Organize Your Bedroom Closet that are Borderline GENIUS!!

Thanks for sharing. I do actually already incorporate quite a few of her tips already...but liked her 'would you purchase this item again?' trick for instant decision making with stuff.

p.s. needed to 'declutter' my mind this am, so instead of going to the gym and doing bla, bla, bla I wanted (needed) a nice long walk by the river instead. Much better decision for today:)

Therapeutic breathing really works...I found doing this a few times will put me right back to sleep when it's 3am...The 4-7-8 breathing technique, also known as "relaxing breath," involves breathing in for 4 seconds, holding the breath for 7 seconds, and exhaling for 8 seconds.

Declutter on my friends:)

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

Thanks for sharing. I do actually already incorporate quite a few of her tips already...but liked her 'would you purchase this item again?' trick for instant decision making with stuff.

p.s. needed to 'declutter' my mind this am, so instead of going to the gym and doing bla, bla, bla I wanted (needed) a nice long walk by the river instead. Much better decision for today:)

Therapeutic breathing really works...I found doing this a few times will put me right back to sleep when it's 3am...The 4-7-8 breathing technique, also known as "relaxing breath," involves breathing in for 4 seconds, holding the breath for 7 seconds, and exhaling for 8 seconds.

What an absolutely, positively WONDERFUL post! Thank you EVER so much for this...you ROCK, period!

P.S. BOOM!!!
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

What an absolutely, positively WONDERFUL post! Thank you EVER so much for this...you ROCK, period!

P.S. BOOM!!!

You are such a beautiful soul - so positive. To be so caring, etc., you must have experienced a great deal. Hope you and your cute little slippers are having a wonderful day🐾
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!