NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @TeresaW1020 It turns out that the mole I had is just a kind of mole that we get as we grow older, I forget what he called it. I call it a growing older mole lol. Doesn't need to be removed, so that's good. You should get yours checked out though. You never know. I hope your husband's can get sorted out. That's great that there are already two showings!!! Woo hoo!

@renaegry Cute profile pic. Yes, the mole was fine and didn't need to be removed (see above). Thanks!

@its_cleo It was fine (see above). Thanks for asking. Now, go get that test. ;) A cooking class would be fun! Great job at the gym! And congrats on resisting at the ballgame outing/after!

@joannadavison It was nothing, thankfully. Doesn't need to be removed. Sea Cadet camp sounds cool.

@TrishasTime The mole turned out to be nothing of note. See first comment above, thanks for asking. I'm going to the podiatrist this morning. Stay tuned for that one. Yes, my husband's a weirdo lol. My tracking isn't going so well but I vow I will get on the ball this week. For the funeral: do you have just simple black pants and a nice black shirt or sweater? I think that would be appropriate?

@RetiredAndLovingIt That must have been a fun cruise, and I'm sure Alaska was beautiful. I'm glad you had a good time.

@theslightedgeforever Yeah, maybe. But he doesn't eat any carbs except for broccoli and cauliflower and maybe MAYBE a little carrots (but rarely). No, I have not. The only time I have is on the weekends and I've found the weekends I just want to chill out. My doctor wants me to exercise every day to help with my sleep problems. I told him I would but I don't know how I am going to find the time, when I get home, I only have about 2 hours before I go to bed and within that time, I have to make dinner and eat and get ready for bed.

@gemwolf110 Oh no! I wouldn't move without my pooch(es) either. Best of luck to you.

Hi all. Just a tip if you keep deleting your posts: if you are typing on a computer, type in Word or Notepad and then copy and paste your comments into the box, that's what I do and I never lose my comments. ;) Okay, I'm off to make a loaf of beer bread for work...told them I would. Have a good day!

EMPOWERED.
    August goals: track 4 out of 7 days, drink 50 oz of liquids a day, lose 1 lb
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @gemwolf110, well I totally understand that you wouldn't give up your doggies! And yes, maybe once your home is all clean and decluttered you will decide to stay. I have had those feelings with my own home. ;)

@its_cleo, if you ever want a pizza that is super filling you should look up Fathead crust. Totally a Keto thing but so good and I can truly only eat two slices before I feel like I'm about to bust. :D

@joannadavison, I Googled the Beamish Museum. I'm totally jealous of all the great history you get to explore! I hope your weather is decent for you. :)

@TrishasTime, our little Maggie Mae goes to doggy daycare. It's a great facility and they have a webcam so I can check on her while she is there. She doesn't love it there but she is well taken care of and safe. How did the walking go? :)

@trooworld, glad that your "growing old" mole isn't anything to worry about. Hubby doesn't really think mine is anything to worry about either since he is a mole expert. I will have my doctor look at it when I see her next time. Or if it goes all freaky on me. ;)

Well, our open house was a huge success! Our realtor said about 40 people came and everyone loved the house. We are expecting three offers later today, so hopefully, we will be accepting one of them and get this place sold! The Lion King movie was really good and the memories of my daughter at 3-years old singing and dancing were sweet. She would have loved it! We went to Charlie Graingers for lunch so hubby could have their world-famous hotdogs. I had their brisket in a bowl that was topped with pimento cheese, BBQ sauce, housemade pickles, and pickled okra. So delicious and super filling. They also make their own pork rinds! So, a very Keto friendly place that we will eat at again. :D
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    @TeresaW1020 great news about the house.

@gemwolf110 we are looking to update the house too. I keep seeing fantastic new builds & getting decorating ideas. Partly why I started the declutter & reorganisation.

@trooworld glad the mole isn't anything sinister.

Had brilliant day out. We managed to do about half of the museum but the ticket lasts whole year so we will be back again & again. I have walk a lot today. Well & truely exceed my steps. Tired now.
    Had a "cheat day" with old style sweeties & cake from the 1915 shops!
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi..a couple have asked about our cruise. It was a package for 7 days cruise, 3 days land. I would do the cruise again, but think I would rent a car to do land tour on our own. Some days just cruising..mostly by the glaciers..they were beautiful, and also sad to hear how much they are receding. When we did a land stop, we did bus tour in am & walked around town on our own after lunch. Beautiful weather..60-70. We were expecting much colder than that, lol.

@theslightedgeforever--yeah a lot of politicians at the fair..been on all the news. Your son is going on the 14th? That is "old people" day, lol. Seniors get in for a reduced rate that day. We want to go, maybe with dd & family but not sure which day. Wednesday & Thurs supposed to be the best weather. Great job with all the big stickers!

@gemwolf110 --I wouldn't give up my dog either (altho at the moment don't have one, lol), but they are family!

@joannadavison --I try to keep track of fiber, too. I think it is important.

@trooworld --glad your mole is nothing to worry about

@TeresaW1020 --great news about your open house! Hope you get a great offer soon. dd still waiting to sell theirs, but have decided to definitely take the one they want..close on Sept.6th. Something for Mom to worry about, lol.

Decided to set MFP at .5# loss a week & see how it goes. I do eat most of my exercise calories back, not sure if thats a good idea or not, but that is how it is set up, so going to keep trying.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    I feel awful, I have missed two days getting on here I apologize. My life is been really busy crazy with physical therapy, Grandkids to work, Babies, etc. the good news is I feel better emotionally. I just read this book called The Way home By Lindsey Doss. Some points in the book really talk to me about life and how we look good on the outside, but are really hurting on the inside and we don't know it, until things in our adult life show the signs. I know I feel like I have put bandaids in place sometimes instead of getting the sore healed. It's good to get a different perspective onThings that really happened in life to different people, So my diet may not be the best but my emotions are better. LOL

Tomorrow I know I wont be on here. appointments start at 8:30 and I seem to be gone all day. So I will try to get on my routine on Wed. I promise the old me is coming back..slowly, but coming back.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    Quick check in. Food has been good but weight has flatlined :| I spent 66 min in the gym doing weights and cardio plus stretched at the end.

I am managing my dh’s days off. If something unexpected comes up, I just rearrange the plan. Haven’t went over carbs so far. Calories was over by 35 the other day but make up for it later cause I was under by 400 today.
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Morning all. Only a sleep since I logged in!
    @cbabie sending hugs. Different circumstances but I can totally relate to what you're saying. I'm out the other side now but have had rough few years with lots of things just adding up. Big hugs.

I was wondering how to set the calories to a certain number? And also for those on the premium what do you actually get for the money- I know there are no adverts but I'm wondering if I can get what I need on the freebie or if it's worth my while signing up.
  • TeresaW1020
    @RetiredAndLovingIt, that is good news that your DD is getting the house she wants. I hope she can sell hers soon.

@cbabie, so happy to hear that you are feeling better emotionally!! You can't start to feel better physically if your emotions are in turmoil. You are on your way back!! Yayyyy!! <3

@theslightedgeforever, I know that you know if you are in the gym doing weights that your muscles are going to retain water so don't get discouraged seeing your weight flatline or even go up a little. Good job managing your plan with you DH being off. :)

@joannadavison, that is great that you can return to the museum as much as you want with your ticket. I would be there all the time! :)

Well, I got good news!! We accepted an offer yesterday for our house and it was over the asking price! B) We actually had four offers presented to us. So, now we just need to get the inspection and get an appraisal and then I can pack up and get this party going! I have less than 4 weeks before we are in the new house. :o

I'm leaving in a few minutes to take hubby to remove the skin cancer on his arm. I'm praying it won't hurt him too much and that it heals quickly. Our little dog expects to be carried around by him like the princess she is. :D Then I have to go into work for an emergency staff meeting. We have had some major drama and we are losing one of our most prominent families. Lots of history but I for one am relieved and I know that this is going to end up being very good for our church. We just gotta figure out how to get on top of ripples this could create. :/

Have a great day!! <3
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Hi everyone

Busy busy day - so not on until late

@trooworld - Thanks - that is what I am working towards. The service is now at 10.30am and the burial is at 1pm. - big gap in between. What is beer bread??

@Teresaw1020 - Congrats on the offer and acceptance, one worry gone. I hope that the loss of the family in your church does not cause too many ripples. Hope the skin cancer comes out okay

@cbabie - Yes I tend to stuff the emotions down and look calm and then the smallest thing can set me off. My lesson is to deal with the issues at the time and not bottle it up. I hope your wrist is progressing.

@theslightedgeforever - Well done on managing DH's days off

@retiredandlovingit - Hello :)

@joannadavison - The great thing about this group is that we are supportive in matters other than healthy eating

Take care everyone

Trish
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 That's good that you aren't too concerned about your mole. Wow, what a successful open house! Congrats! That's great that you were able to eat on your plan. Oh, I just saw your second message that you accepted an offer...WOO HOO!!!! That's awesome!

@joannadavison Thanks, me too! I'm glad you had fun at the museum, I love going to museums. What a nice treat to have old style treats! re: premium...here is a breakdown of the premium features: https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/essential-guide-to-myfitnesspal-premium/ Basically, the one I'm most concerned about is being able to customize my macronutrient goals since I do keto. If I wasn't on keto, I don't think I would bother with premium...I'm not sure.

@RetiredAndLovingIt Me too, I don't need skin cancer to worry about, I worry enough about everything else!!!

@cbabie No need to apologize, just come here when it fits with your life. I'm so glad you feel better at least emotionally. That can help a lot.

@theslightedgeforever Hello! Have a good day.

@TrishasTime It's bread that uses beer instead of yeast as a method to rise. Here's the recipe I used, it was delicious and really easy to make: https://www.pastryaffair.com/blog/2012/2/2/beer-bread.html

Hello all. I went to the podiatrist yesterday. He basically gave me a bunch of handouts on plantar fasciitis, told me the least painful way to manage it was to tape my foot and said to stop going for walks/stay off it until it goes away. He also said I should never go barefoot so I ordered a pair of slippers that are for plantar fasciitis. He said that plantar fasciitis can start healing and then take a downturn, so I need to be careful. He said that I can wear a nightsplint if I can tolerate it, so I ordered one of those, too. One of the handouts has stretches similar to what I've already been doing. He recommended icing (already been doing) and ibuprofen (already been doing). He mentioned specific shoe models, if you are interested in those, I can tell you about them. I had a ganglion cyst that he took care of too, that was painful for him to deal with. That's about it!

EMPOWERED.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    @trooworld glad you got some advice about your foot, I hope it helps. That sounds like a real pain to deal with though.

@TeresaW1020 congratulations on your home selling! What a whirlwind! Lots of positive change. But what a time to also have some upheaval at your church. Unfortunately a lot of time people=drama. I hope things settle down ok and good luck to your husband.

@TrishasTime I;m sure the family appreciated you being at the funeral.

@joannadavison I don’t think you can set them to a specific number. They will change based on your goals ie half pound loss, pound loss, etc. Sometimes I play with that just to get it close to what I want. Sometimes I know oh it is set for 1600 cals a day but my goal is 1700 so I just be aware of that.

@theslightedgeforever wow you are doing great with the gym! And congratulations on the calories. I never heard that about weightlifting causing water retention…it doesn’t for me anyway.

@cbabie you sound like you’re slowly getting back to yourself, it’s nice to hear. I hope the appointments aren’t too painful.

@gemwolf110 the hike was good, I haven’t hiked in a while so my legs were sore at the end. I’m doing another one Friday. It’s nice to get out while the weather is nice.

So couple things annoying me this week- I’m supposed to start a new project at work and the client has been away/slow so I’ve just been waiting and waiting. It’s frustrating bc I have to manage the billable hours they agreed to and they haven’t even approved that yet even though technically I have started.

My building is replacing all the balconies so this week they’re at my row so it’s a lot of drilling and hammering through concrete. I’m hoping it won’t take long.

The good news I’m still on track for calories but it is hard. Every night I want some sort of sweet, but so far I’m keeping it manageable ie I bought a large Lindt chocolate bar and just had two squares last night. But it was so tempting to go and get a big bowl of ice cream. I think it’s boredom. That's the other reason I wish this work project would pick up.

Yesterday was a rest day exercise wise- rare for me! Today I’m going to the gym with trainer, lower body day.

Take care all!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    Morning all. Fair weekend was great. Great weather and socializing. Back to reality now.
    Did a fitbod workout last night and off to Yorkton today for sons braces, school supplies and my daughter and I are treating ourselves to pedicures. Hope to get in either a good walk or jog in this evening.

@its_cleo yes I live in Saskatchewan. I small village of around 275 people

@trooworld great to hear about your mole. I have also been to a podiatrist. My arches constantly fall which makes my feet ache. Have insoles I wear in my runners but only time I wear them is when I'm running. Lol. Summer is bad for wearing all the flip flops usually have to got to the chiropractor to get them reset.

@TeresaW1020 that is awesome news about your house. Hope everything goes well for you.
  • cmedwards52
    cmedwards52 Posts: 81 Member
    Hi Everyone

I haven't posted on here for AGES. I'm actually wondering if I could run something by you and see if anyone has any suggestions for me. I'm dealing with some real stomach issues at the moment. The Dr. suspects IBS but I can't seem to get it under control if that is what it is. Certainly fits all the symptoms although I seem to have an almost constant stomach ache and especially in the night. I know stress is a factor and things have been quite stressful around here lately so maybe that's contributing. Not bad stress so much, just a whole lot of things on my plate and sometimes worry how I'll get it all done plus I am the type who worries about EVERYTHING!! So, if anyone has any tips I'd be more than grateful. Thanks so much, Carol
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited August 2019
    @JessT1299 Welcome to the group! What type of eating plan are you following? Do you have any August goals?

@teresaw1020 On carb cycling, probably too early to tell but I think I could do this for the long haul. It's as flexible as I want it to be as long as I stay within the parameters for the week. On special holidays, I'll just have to change one of my yellows to a green unless it happens to fall on a Thursday or Saturday. So I think totally doable. Tomorrow, I will complete 2 weeks. What are things you don't like about keto as to why it may not be a lifelong thing? I've been able to maneuver around dh and his time off this week so far. That usually doesn't happen. I'm glad the open house went well. Hopefully it will sell quickly.

@gemwolf110 Awww too bad about the dog issue. But who knows, maybe this is just a small bump in the road and you can enjoy a nice renewed cleaner house. That's a nice re-do right there.

@its_cleo Isn't perception a funny thing. You like salads because they are easier to prepare, I think just the opposite. Yaaaay for the scale going down.

@joannadavison You always seem to have exciting places to go. Maybe we just both like the same kind of things. ;) I am always short of my needs on fiber, but I'm working on adding in more beans, lentils, and such.

@trishastime I used to always eat Thousand Island until a friend had Russian dressing at her house. Now I'm hooked to that. If I would switch dressings, I could probably eat a bit more of different carbs on my salad days which are always red. How was the Leslie Sansone? I'm so glad that YouTube has those on there so I can just switch them out depending on how much time I want to spend. I usually choose the 15-20 minute ones, but the other day I actually did a bit over 30. Of course I was saying just do 5 more minutes through it. But it worked.

@trooworld So you have 2 hours. How many hours do you sleep? Can you take out 15-30 min there? How long does it take you to eat? Could you find simpler recipes to cook that take about 30 min. Back to the batch cooking on the weekends, but simpler stuff. Maybe a 15 min walk at lunch? If you exercised on Sat/Sun then you would only need 2-3 days during the week to figure out some time for it. It doesn't have to be long. Even 15 min. Just get your body moving. Wouldn't it be great to have better sleep? That might give you more energy the next day.

@Retiredandlovingit That was me that asked about the cruise. That was nice weather. Thanks. 0.5 lbs is still 26 lbs a year. better than I've done in a while. I'm glad that I might qualify for some of the senior discounts. I just forget to ask. I just ignore my remaining calories number and just look at the food and try and stay within that.

@cbabie Glad you are learning from that book and the old you is coming back. How about new and improved you. Remember we talked about old before? >:) It's like doctors treating the symptoms of a disease instead of finding and treating the disease itself.
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Good morning everyone

@joannadavison - Another addition to the premium is that you go to the top of the key if there any issues that you need help with and they will generally resolve it in 24 hours. I can set my goals including calorie and macro, have better history reporting, able to set calories /macros per meal. Lots of extra things you can do

@its_cleo - well done on your loss - excellent job.

@theslightedgeforever - Nice loss - I am glad you are getting back to you. I love how you always put a positive spin for everyone no matter what

@retiredandlovingit - How is going settling back into routine after a lovely cruise?

@trooworld - Wow that is alot of stuff you bought for your feet issue. I hope that the exercises assist with the pain

@renagry - I am curious why you would go to a chiropractor to reset - is there something special that a chiro can do?

@cmedwards52 - Sorry not much help from me - only to record what you are eating and how you felt at that time and record when the onset of pain begins?

I went on the treadmill for 15 minutes yesterday and followed up with the rower ( i am not over enjoyed in using a rower :( ). Side of foot is abit achy today, so I will rest it and see what tomorrow brings. I will have a chance to walk for 20 min before the funeral

Take care

• RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    @joannadavison ..you can set your calories to a certain number even on free MFP.
  • trooworld
    @its_cleo Thanks, me too. Yes, my foot hurts about 70% of the day. :( That must be hard to concentrate with all the noise from them drilling outside of your apartment?

@renaegry Pedicures sound like a nice treat. So your feet ache when you don't wear those arches? But you don't wear them when you aren't running? lol Flip flops are fun and comfortable to wear though. I get it! :D But I have seen flip flops with high arches: https://www.amazon.com/SOARFREE-Plantar-Fasciitis-Sandal-Support/dp/B07KRS432K/

@cmedwards52 Hi, nice to "see" you! I'm sorry to hear about your tummy troubles. I've not had any experience with this sort of thing, so I can't offer you any suggestions, but maybe someone else here can chime in.

@theslightedgeforever I sleep about 7-7.5 hours. No, I don't think I can take any out of that, I need at least that amount to function. It takes me about 15-20 minutes to eat. Can't find simpler recipes to cook because we are no longer using recipes: we are buying pre-packaged meals from Trader Joe's to throw together, it takes about 10-15 minutes to make our dinner. I really have my doubts that it will even help. He also prescribed me a medication, I just have to pick it up when it's ready (its not ready yet).

@TrishasTime Yes, I'm going to try it all lol. I hope, but I don't know.

EMPOWERED.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    @TrishasTime The chiropractor snaps my arches back into place.

@trooworld The only time I wear my arches is when I'm running. I just keep them in my running shoes. And in summer that's about the only time I wear runners. Lol. Thanks for the link will check it out. The pedicures were awesome.
  • TeresaW1020
    @gemwolf110, redecorating sounds like a great idea! I spend much of my free time looking online for ideas. What is your style?

@TrishasTime, thanks! Hubby’s skin cancer was all taken out and he has hardly any pain. We are very thankful. :)

@trooworld, ouch! Your poor foot! Are you going to look into getting new shoes? When I had foot issues, I bought my work shows at a place called Foot Smart online. Pricy but much better quality.

@its_cleo, Ugghhh all that drilling, and hammering would drive me (and my dog) crazy. How is your kitty handling it? Good job on trying to control your craving for sweets. I buy 95% dark chocolate Lindt bars. I have two pieces when I have my afternoon coffee. I can’t even allow ice cream in my house! :D

@renaegry, thanks! We are very happy that our home sold quickly. :)

@theslightedegeforever, I guess the thing I don’t like about Keto is that it’s harder when things like church potlucks and eating out happens. I like the idea of carb cycling and I’m really interested in how you like it after doing it for a while. Most days I have no problem eating Keto but I would have the flexibility to eat higher carbs when life calls for it. Plus, I’m missing fruit! I don’t want it every day but occasionally I want to be able to have an apple or a slice of watermelon.

Went to my WW meeting this morning and lost .4 lbs. I have now lost exactly 60 lbs since joining WW in 2017. I'm working towards my 75 lb. charm! B) I was invited to a baby shower for a girl that I used to work with when I sold furniture. I haven't seen a lot of these people in a couple of years so I'm looking forward to seeing if they notice my weight loss. They better!!! :D
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Morning all,

Therapy was hard yesterday, my hand hurts all day long. I had meetings all day long was a very busy day. I finally had to take a painkiller for went to bed, It hasn't hurt that bad and longtime. I try to type just now and my wrist hurts bad so no typing still. Therapy said yesterday that my wrist is exactly the mobility stage that is normal.

@TeresaW1020 You and I have so many similarities it's weird. I worked for an office furniture company and
    let go in2017. I was over the children's ministry until June. Our church went through the same thing for various reasons, And I'm just coming out on the other side of that. I think sometime I like to talk to you off-line. It's great your house sold and you get to move into your new house and I'm so grateful that your husband got the cancer gone.

@its_cleo Sorry for the drilling, etc. I like peaceful outside, but my street is so busy now that the freeway went in a few years ago. ugh...

@TrishasTime yes its It's easy to keep her emotions inside for some of us. I'm gladYou no longer do that it's really healthy. That's we are al about on this board is health.

@trooworld I'm so sorry to hear about your foot. But I know you'll find the right fit, And you'll be able to walk again. One my best friends has thatAnd she can still exerciseBut it's taking a while toFigure out How to not overdo things.

@theslightedgeforever That's good that this carb cycling is workingFor you. Yes I would never go to weigh in at weight watchers if I had exercise just before the meeting, Because I knew it would showing gain or plateau. I bet DH is glad You have a workaround. lol

@cmedwards52 I am sorry about the diagnosis I don't much about that. Its good to hear from you again!

I am sure I've missed someone I am sorry if it was you I missed. Hopefully if I can stay consistent oncoming on every dayIt'll be easier. I hope you all have a great day.

cbabie