Best low calorie alcoholic drink

Going to my first party in a while Saturday and looking for the lowest calorie booze , nothing I have to mix so something in a bottle or can , I’m a mom and don’t go out often so not sure what’s out there now ! Any suggestions !?!?

Replies

• BrianKMcFalls
    BrianKMcFalls Posts: 190 Member
    Is this a byob situation?
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited August 2019
    Your best bet would be vodka and diet soda or diet juice. My go to last year was skinny cosmo's. Vodka, triple sec, and diet cranberry juice. I believe they came in to be about 150 calories a pop. You could pre-mix a pitcher to take with you if this is a byob thing.

Otherwise for things you literally just have to bring and drink- no mixing required:
    I would suggest lite beer if you like beer, or wine. They are generally in the 125 cals a serving ballpark. And I think Mike's hard lemonade makes a lite version too.

This is what I stumbled on in my quest for low cal alcoholic beverages: getdrunknotfat.com/lowest-calorie-alcohol/ Maybe it'll give you some ideas.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,514 Member
    No matter what you do, you have the calories from the alcohol, which are considerable. Per gram, alcohol has more calories (7kcals per gram) than anything except fat (9kcals per gram). Light beer (and many other beers) derive MOST of their calories from the alcohol. White wine is similar.

Yet another reason to enjoy in moderation!
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    My favorite is currently the Wild Basin or Bon and Viv boozy sparkling waters. They come in awesome flavors (the one I'm currently drinking is Cucumber Peach), come in a can so no over pours, and most are around 100 calories each.
  • shewhoismany
    shewhoismany Posts: 182 Member
    I usually just do a couple of early shots of vodka with a few friends and then call it quits (on the alcohol). Its social, they can keep drinking if they want but I am feeling happy and it is done for the night - no worries. Plus side, in a couple of hours I am good to drive.
  • BasedGawd412
    BasedGawd412 Posts: 346 Member
    Michelob ultra.
  • GrizzledSquirrel
    GrizzledSquirrel Posts: 120 Member
    Gin and slimline tonic in a can - c.75 cals for 250ml. Cans are good actually because you can drink really slowly and nobody will notice or try topping you up!
  • tauntonmom
    tauntonmom Posts: 139 Member
    Drinking slower is a good idea, especially if you have lost significant weight since your last party. You may be surprised how much more you feel a 2nd or 3rd drink now!
  • J_Fabulous
    J_Fabulous Posts: 63 Member
    One shot of whiskey is 72 calories according to Google.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    White claw or Truly- my go to at parties: Spiked Seltzer has Fewer Calories and Less Sugar!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    If I'm in a wine mood then I go for a chardonnay or merlot - they are great for just sipping on during a party.

If I'm in a beer mood then I really like black & tan or michelob ultra.

Otherwise I drink Jameson or Crown neat, because whiskey is always good...or if there is other junk whiskey then I'll have it with diet pepsi.
  • TexasTallchick
    TexasTallchick Posts: 133 Member
    Plain vodka with club soda and squeeze in lime/lemon/both. The citrus juice is negligible and plain vodka is usually 60-70 calories a shot. Also, it’s pretty darn good.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    edited August 2019
    Going to my first party in a while Saturday and looking for the lowest calorie booze , nothing I have to mix so something in a bottle or can , I’m a mom and don’t go out often so not sure what’s out there now ! Any suggestions !?!?

Well, it depends. Would you rather enjoy one drink a lot, or just want something you can have several of?

I personally would rather have one bottle of good beer, log that 130ish cals and switch to water or diet soda for the rest of the time.

If you'd rather volume, you need to look for either light beer or see if they have any of those low cal "spritzer" style drinks. They're usually called spritzers or spiked seltzers, I think. Just watch out for ciders or shandy, they can be pretty high cal. Most low cal "non-beer" drinks have the calories on the can/bottle now, so if you can choose yourself just take a look.

And if you've lost weight and not been drinking much recently, it's quite possible your tolerance has lowered, so be careful :smile: As it turns out though, lower cal drinks are also usually a lower alcohol level too.
  • eryn0x
    eryn0x Posts: 138 Member
    There’s a brand called SoCial Lites. They do vodka soda (various flavours) or spiked iced tea in a can. 80-100 cal per. I am not a fan of vodka but I have tried and they’re pretty good, but light. If i am drinking I just avoid cocktails and enjoy myself. Full calorie dry wine or cider for me.