40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    Had an awesome day at the track yesterday - finally getting my fitness stepped up again made a noticeable difference in my ability to handle the beasty, and had a great time with not horrible lap times. Should be a good race weekend this coming weekend!

Still have a long ways to go fitness wise (and weight loss), but was nice to see it making a noticeable difference on track again!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "Body Beast Build: Chest/Tris"=Done!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Last night I lifted all the weights!!!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    @caramelgyrlk. Sounds like you're in a good training groove. Congrats on the NSV.

Welcome Noobs...

Took another step forward yesterday. In addition to cycling, MD said its ok to start doing some hiking over hilly terrain to build up strength in the achilles. The next step would be a return to running this fall. Really looking forward to it.

• jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    No gym for me today. With the kids home for the summer I only get to go 3 or 4 times a week tops.
    Good news is I'm averaging 12k-15k steps daily so there's that.
  • MoxyLeigh
    MoxyLeigh Posts: 433 Member
    Hello all. I'm new to the community forums. Used MFP quite a few years back, and have returned because I seem to be fat again. Can't think how that happened. Coulda been the pizza and key lime pie and netflix. Possibly maybe. Now that I'm in the "cool kids" club I figure I better get it down and maintain with some healthy lifestyle changes. I'm so out of shape that I'm starting at a 3000 steps a day goal, and managing to fit in a few body weight strength exercises a day... and that's enough to have me sore. Ah how the mighty have fallen, Lol.
  • jayemes
    @MoxyLeigh Gotta start somewhere!
  • ServantStrong
    ServantStrong Posts: 2 Member
    What's up Everybody!!!!
    My name is Ant, and I'm 43. I think this group would be very good for me. Just started back at the gym, because I want to loose weight, have more energy for my family, and be a little more cut. Please send me your friend request. I would like to get in touch with like minded people.
    Thanks
    Ant (🐜).
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Hi all - not doing too much. Went blueberry picking on Sunday and a nice 5.5k walk yesterday.
  • pez37
    pez37 Posts: 44 Member
    I'm David 48 started back on Mfp 2mo ago. Its been hard staying motivated . Once I turned 45 my weight really got out of control.
    Always looking for friends to help motivate each other. Feel free and add. Good luck on y'all journeys.
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Build: Legs...with sandbags & vest"=Done!
  • tcunbeliever
    Last night I accomplished watching the first 5 episodes of The Last Ship Season 2...and drinking some whiskey!!!

It wasn't a workout, but it was pretty awesome anyway!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    Workouts going well, added another 5 min to yesterday's "intense" cardio session (I do some "cardio" all 5 days, but 2x/week I increase the time and intensity - only twice a week though because I pretty much hate all cardio LOL), then did my weight lifting splits both days.

May need to invest in a gym membership in a couple/few more months though - the dumbbells at our fitness center are pretty limiting since they only go up to 50 lb (x2). Which kind of bums me out because I LOVE the convenience of not having to drive to the gym every day! Fitness center at work pretty much has the same problem :(
  • MoxyLeigh
    MoxyLeigh Posts: 433 Member
    @nossmf That's awesome man, you're an inspiration. :)

I'm ten whole days into my lifestyle change, consistently coming in under my calorie goal (1400), and getting in my 3000 steps a day (as another poster kindly remarked, gotta start somewhere. Lol). I'm adding reps of 10 modified push-ups, 10 squats, and 20-30sec planks as I'm able.

Comforting to see I'm not the only one just starting or just starting over.
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Last night I accomplished watching the first 5 episodes of The Last Ship Season 2...and drinking some whiskey!!!

It wasn't a workout, but it was pretty awesome anyway!

Great show, thought it should have gone on another season or two.
  • jayemes
    60 minute strength class last night. Along with a bunch of loaded squats and core work I benched 35lb dumbells 10x8. Last year I could only do it with 20's so I'm happy about the improvement.
    I also think I broke my toe yesterday afternoon, so that's gonna put a big X on my normally planned workouts for the next few weeks. Gotta keep those calories in check!
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Build: Back/Bis"=Done!
  • tcunbeliever
    Last night I didn't have enough time to lift ALL the weights because I had to taxi the ballerina...but I did get in a solid 30 reps of each, and something is better than nothing!!!
  • photobug317
    photobug317 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey all! Stumbled across this group while in search for support. I just turned 40 in March, I did keto last year and lost a bunch of weight. I have put about 20lbs back on, and I am getting discouraged. Any ideas on how to limit carbs, while not going crazy