Dairy free recioes

_BeBrave
_BeBrave Posts: 23 Member
Hello! I'm new to a dairy free lifestyle and have found finding a good he right substitutes for certain things difficult. Looking for any other DF people who have tried and true recipes to share! TIA

Replies

• _BeBrave
    _BeBrave Posts: 23 Member
    Recipes * 🙄🤦‍♀️
  • JeBeBu
    JeBeBu Posts: 258 Member
    I have a severe dairy allergy. I swap straight across on almost all dairy ingredients. I have certain "favorites" such as Daiya pepper jack "cheese" (though I only use cheese in a few select casseroles), oat yeah "milk", etc. I actually can not have any mammal products, so I have to substitute for red meats too.
  • tunit01
    tunit01 Posts: 1 Member
    I’m new to dairy free also as I’m breastfeeding and my daughter is reacting to dairy so I have had to stop ! Try the almond dairy free magnums omg the best!! ( a few calories but a nice treat every now and again )
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    I'm dairy free as well. Just learned at 50 that I'm intolerant.
    Anyways I've tried some of the plant based cheeses and sauces and just really don't like them at all. So I just don't use any dairy in my recipes. Sometimes I may substitute lite coconut milk. It's been a couple months for me and I will say that not using dairy does get easier.
    tunit01 wrote: »
    I’m new to dairy free also as I’m breastfeeding and my daughter is reacting to dairy so I have had to stop ! Try the almond dairy free magnums omg the best!! ( a few calories but a nice treat every now and again )

I just ate one of these last night -- really, really good.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    I'm personally a big fan of pea protein milk over the other alternatives. Search out vegan recipes - there are a lot of good replacement ideas for dairy.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Dairy free recipes for what exactly? I rarely cook with or eat things that contain dairy in part because there are very few dairy products that I actually like. The list of things that I can think of that don't contain dairy is more or less endless. Also are you reactive to lactose or casein or are you doing this for some sort of ethical reason? That will change what you can and can't have.

Things that I've made and/or eaten the past few weeks include:
    pita
    roasted salmon with potatoes
    thai inspired grilled chicken salad
    corn and tomato salad
    a braised chicken dish with dried apricots
    persian rice
    bagels
    bialys
    a white bean dish with broccolini and garlic
    hummus
    hamburger
    salmon burger
    oatmeal
    5 grain hot cereal with maple syrup and huckleberries
    jerk chicken sandwich

I could go on but you hopefully get the point.