Starting for the 88th time.

Replies

• chefbender5310
    chefbender5310 Posts: 11 Member
    How do we add people?
  • Longing4Maui
    Longing4Maui Posts: 51 Member
    @chefbender5310 You should be able to click on blue hyperlink to their ‘name’ which opens a window, then click on blue hyperlink name again which opens second window where you can then click on the icon for person + which should send a request to the person. I just tried again, and it is not working for me, get to clicking on person + icon and nothing happens. So maybe a glitch today. Seems this app has glitches quite often and in a few days it all works again. Good luck
  • chefbender5310
    chefbender5310 Posts: 11 Member
    Thank you..when I click on the person's name it just opens a window to send a message..I will try again another time.
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,304 Member
    After you click their name and get to the screen that says send message-click their name above that-you can then send friend request or message. Just sent you request.
  • ginnytez
    @kjaispuro -I usually do meal prep on weekends and reheat during the week, but it's just me. Try to preplan with some things you can cook quickly or reheat.

@AbandondedKSCharger -good to have you back. You had a very rough July--let's hope for a much better August.

@KCJen -glad my schools days are just memory!

@Longing4Maui - I agree we just have to do it. I think we hit spells where it is harder than others, but keep taking the steps you can. Maybe you should eat at maintenance for a week or two.
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    I need to post in here more - I really need the support of a "community" since no one in my family is interested in weight loss.

Got all the back-to-school shopping done on Friday!! Now to clean house, laundry, and prep for a job interview!!

Oh and of course, drink my water!!! (I have been slacking in my water intake) :(
  • KCJen
    @ginnytez Graduation is in December, I am sooo excited. Rebuilding my life from my divorce has been a long road, however, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. The best is yet to come!!
  • ginnytez
    @KCJen - good deal! (and meeting your water quota will help!)
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,261 Member
    I've been busy too & haven't been on this group for a while, @kjaispuro I'm unusual in that I cook in the late mornings after my dog walk. When I worked full time, I worked the swing shift on purpose so I can still have my mornings. I'm too tired to cook in the evenings. I now work part time in mornings so on those days, I don't cook. I'll cook enough for left overs the day before. I know this doesn't help. My mom cooked in the morning too for the 4 of us. I would often wake up to the smell of cooking
  • Clpritch7420
    Clpritch7420 Posts: 1 Member
    I’m planning to eat this way for the rest of my life. Lost 15 inches in 8 weeks. Just adjusted my macros up to .5 lb loss a week so I am less hungry and the plan is sustainable. I stay off the scale. I judge my progress by the clothes I can a) now squeeze into, and a few weeks later, can comfortably wear. Every 8 weeks I’ll measure again. I love the plan I use and I can eat this way forever. Feeling pretty optimistic. So inspired by everyone here who lost 20 - 40 pounds. If you did it once you can do it again. I am learning from your experience not to stop what works!
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    kjaispuro wrote: »
    What are people making for dinner? that is when I struggle the most, after a long work day when I am tired and the kids and I are hungry...

I agree. Planning ahead is my biggest....well, second biggest challenge.
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    KCJen wrote: »
    Hi everyone, so I am in another group and I have realized once I become "disqualified" I stop logging on to post in groups. I need to stop this, as I really need the support that I can find on here because no one in my family is interested in weight loss.

Today's goal is to finish this week's homework for my class and drink my water.

Happy Thursday!!

My thoughts for UAC....log in anytime to report....
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    ginnytez wrote: »
    After you click their name and get to the screen that says send message-click their name above that-you can then send friend request or message. Just sent you request.

I have found I must do it from a computer and not my App
  • ginnytez
    I agree. Primarily use app for food entry. Can also read forums from it fairly well.
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Well, my goal I set in January, to loose 3 pounds per month, hasn't gone very well. However, I feel I am still making progress and I am focused in the right direction.
    My plan was to be at 182 by the end of August. Today I weighed in at 191.
    Wednesday night yoga classes begin again this week.
    I will also continue to get bike riding completed each day.
  • KCJen
    oh52cov2o72h.jpg

I have been waiting to “start” my treadmill schedule again. Life gets in the way and each passing week had its reasons why I couldn’t “start” that week. A lightbulb went off when I read this quote “If you are waiting for the perfect time, you will be waiting forever”. Another article this morning I read said that the most common excuse people give for not exercising is “lack of time”. So, I am already running behind on time for my schedule for today, but I am going to get on the treadmill and work this into my daily routine again. Being healthy and having a healthy lifestyle is extremely important to me. I am on my way to a better life : )
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 750 Member
    edited August 2019
    Hi,
    I'm starting again after a long break from MFP.

I would like friends that have similar stats to me.

My amount to lose is 40kg/88lb
    Start weight: 120kg/265lb
    Female.

If you are motivated as well and would like some support and will give some back then please drop me a friend request. Please don't friend request me if you are trying to sell something.

• AbandondedKSCharger
    Jen it's so good to see your Chief's logo again!!! After just going home (San Diego) for vacation, it pulls on my heart strings still for the Chargers....but getting my Chief's vibe back again....seeing your post helps!
    @MySlimGoals Welcome to our small group...…...the more the merrier though. We all need support.
    I did find myself staying UNDER my budget of calories yesterday WITHOUT the exercise whoot-whoot!!
    Hope everyone has a great Tuesday! Let's make new routines that include healthy living.....exercise, meal planning.
  • cmcgill1984
    cmcgill1984 Posts: 6 Member
    QUESTION - I have a 1,200 calories limit per day but when I workout additional calories are added that I can use per day........ Use them? or not use them? 1,200 is hard to stick to, I am basically eating fish and vegetables and unfortunately I know I won't be able to stick with it for long if I don't have a beer/wine every once in awhile, my guilty pleasure, but there are just not enough calories in a day to spare.....
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    @cmcgill1984 That's a great question, and I'm sure there are a variety of answers. My thoughts are it is up to each individual. I complete my diary without the exercise first to see what my 5 week prediction is, then I add in my exercise and complete it the second time. Yes, a 1200 diet is hard to maintain. My goal, is to stay within my calories and have the exercise calories be "extra". But I'm a ways off from that, currently they help way too much.