Recommendations for at home workout programs

Hello!

I’m looking for recommendations for an at home workout program as I am thinking about canceling my gym membership. I’d like something that will give me my strength and cardio needs and is structured and tells me what to do from day to day. I’m willing to buy some equipment like adjustable weights and I have a few resistance bands. Right now I’m thinking and have heard about Beachbody (hate the name but it was a favorite among Facebook friends when I looked for recommendations there) and Kayla Itsines, but I’m open to other recommendations and would love others thoughts and the pros and cons on these programs.

Thank you!!

Replies

• pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Log on to FitnessBlender.com and try a few of their bodyweight routines.
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    You are your own Gym.

https://marklauren.com/
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    I love Jessica Smith TV. She has a ton of videos, sorted by type, on her site and available for free on youtube. Her routines are 15-30 mins, with a few at 45 min. She is what got me moving in the first place, and my strength has improved using her videos.

She has done three multi-week challenges this year, program schedules available on her site.
  • lancer_dancer01
    lancer_dancer01 Posts: 3 Member
    8fit has some good at home workouts for all levels.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Beach Body On Demand is pretty good for at home workouts. It's like Netflix for workouts. They have 100s of full workout programs there that vary widely in level and goals so it's pretty easy to find one that fits for what you are looking for.
  • idioblast
    idioblast Posts: 114 Member
    Les Mills On Demand has a bunch of their programs: BodyPump, BodyCombat, BodyAttack, BodyStep, CxWorx, BodyBalance, etc. Lots of options and formats.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,883 Member
    For strength training I do The RBG Workout: How She Stays Strong . . . and You Can Too! twice per week. I started with just a few dumb bells and a resistance band. I've since added a bench and this dumb bell set:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RNW3OQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

SDGS-150R__40693.1459893338.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

I prefer to get my cardio outdoors and (depending on the season) garden, hike, and swim.