Can anyone guesstimate my bf %?

harrymason496
harrymason496 Posts: 14 Member
Been training hard since March and want to get to a decent low bf before I start my first bulk.

Replies

• harrymason496
    edited August 2019
    Been training 6 months and lost 23lb. Looking to get to a good weight to start my first bulk. Am I nearly there or should I keep cutting for a while? Tia
  • harrymason496
    Thanks, trying to get to single figures but coz I've got no hardly any muscle really I think it looks like I've got more fat,
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Thanks, trying to get to single figures but coz I've got no hardly any muscle really I think it looks like I've got more fat,

There's very little fat that I see and you look "toned," if not muscle-y. If you want more muscle then find a weight training program and follow it.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    I agree with quicksilver's estimate.
  • harrymason496
    I've got a little bit left on my stomach and a fairly large pinch on my sides, I just read somewhere to ideally get to 9% then bulk but I'm not sure as I've never done one. I can see a four pack and feel my other two abs under neath the last bit just can't quite see them
  • manowarrule2003
    manowarrule2003 Posts: 118 Member
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    Look more like 15-20% to me but, if you want to bulk up, I don't think it matters.

A lot of men seem to think that you have to get to 10% or less to bulk but I'm not sure who came up w/that idea.

Anyway, FWIW, all of the muscle mass that I have now came from lifting heavy while UNINTENTIONALLY "bulking" from 160 to 200. When I "cut" back to 160, I had all of these muscles I had never seen b4 and I certainly wasn't at 10% BF either when I started or ended.

So, if you want to bulk up, just do it. Only make sure you're not just sitting on your behind watching TV and eating bon-bons while you do. Lift whatever is heavy for you and keep pushing the wt up progressively until you're ready to cut.

I think you'll be surprised w/what you see after that.

Good advice. Just what i needed to read right now. As for thread starter. Great progress! Id bulk if i was in your position. You have made great gainnnnzzzz
  • harrymason496
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    17%. And I do this for a living.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • harrymason496
    Cheers :)
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    Look more like 15-20% to me but, if you want to bulk up, I don't think it matters.

A lot of men seem to think that you have to get to 10% or less to bulk but I'm not sure who came up w/that idea.

Anyway, FWIW, all of the muscle mass that I have now came from lifting heavy while UNINTENTIONALLY "bulking" from 160 to 200. When I "cut" back to 160, I had all of these muscles I had never seen b4 and I certainly wasn't at 10% BF either when I started or ended.

So, if you want to bulk up, just do it. Only make sure you're not just sitting on your behind watching TV and eating bon-bons while you do. Lift whatever is heavy for you and keep pushing the wt up progressively until you're ready to cut.

I think you'll be surprised w/what you see after that.

I would agree 15-20%.