What do you do when you're bored of food?

2»

Replies

• Addictead
    Addictead Posts: 66 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    NovusDies wrote: »
    During the summer my cravings seem to vanish. I say "seem" because it still feels like I want something but I don't know what it is. Maybe that is just habit and I really don't want anything. I have no idea. It can be pretty frustrating at times.

I also do this things where I think I want something but then I am not interested in eating it. I just did it. I thought I was in the mood for baked beans so I picked up a small can at the store. I got them out today and I was so meh about it I put them back in the cabinet. If they were much cheaper on calories I might have eaten them anyway. Maybe I will want them in the near future... I don't know.

I am not bored though. I just don't care. I still eat a variety of food and I enjoy it but I am not that invested in it right now and I am not inspired to do anything new for myself. It will pass when it cools down.

Speaking of summer, @Addictead is it summer where you are and are you in air conditioning? Heat and no AC really depresses my appetite.

As can depression, come to think of it.

Southern usa, I actually normally find myself more hungry in summer. It's not lack of hunger, it's more disinterested in food
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    LenGray wrote: »
    I have food boredom sometimes, whether due to budget constraints or just getting tired of making the same thing over and over.

I usually counter it by making a new recipe
    (looking for foods types you don't eat often helps--I've been making a lot of Thai, German, and Indian food, which are pretty new to me) or by trying a new fruit or veggie that I've never tried before. I found a little market down the road that has all kinds of awesome produce, including my new favorite casaba melon :)

Same. Something I have been doing lately is challenging myself to recreate dishes I like from restaurants. Things that are different from what I generally make at home but that I know I like from having it tried it already. This gives me new inspirations and helps me develop new skills in the kitchen to use in the future.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    I get bored with food VERY easily - if I have zero access to anything else I'll eat the boring food (hunger always wins), but if there are other options (such as eating out) available - off I go.

So, I do a few things to keep my taste buds entertained:
    -Keep a very wide variety of spices and spice mixes in my cupboards
    -Stock up on several sauces/tapenades/curries to use in cooking
    -Lunches are generally frozen, pre-packaged meals so I can get easy grab-n-go variety
    -Try random things sometimes, you might be surprised!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    edited August 2019
    When in doubt, have a grill out! :D
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    I look at other people's diaries to try to shake myself out of whatever rut I've gotten into. There will generally be something in there that I like but had forgotten about :)