The New Singles Hangout...Come & Mingle

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    My last post caused me to get a MPF telling off for my naughty language.

I apologise if anyone who liked or commented, also got a telling off.

Bad boy :D
  • InCogNeeto
    InCogNeeto Posts: 6 Member
    Hi there everyone! Just saw this tread! I would love to meet and chat with a like minded woman..
  • Mama_runs_slow
    Mama_runs_slow Posts: 1,078 Member
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    tinak33 wrote: »
    I have been single for 2 years. I have had a few first dates but no one I wanted to have a second date with.. I want someone who is going to add value in my life and my daughters. I don't believe in dating for the sake of dating or not to be alone. I am pretty content being on my own and just spending time with my daughter..

Same. <3
    I have been trying the online dating and I make that clear pretty early on.
    I also refuse to live with someone before marriage. I make that clear, too. I know in this day and age, people are all about living together first..... but what if things don't work out? And he leaves? And later someone else moves in?
    I refuse to have a revolving door of daddy figures for my daughter. I don't want her to feel rejected by anyone she sees as dad.
    Her own dad already walked away.

I have a lot of dealbreakers and I was told I am too harsh. But this is my life and my daughter's life being impacted. And if I want to be picky as hell, I will be. I don't NEED to be with anyone...

If I understand dating and relationships correctly, the living together part is for those that don't have kids to worry about. I thought it was common for parents not to move in with someone, while they were dating. Is this not the case?
    I have been single for 2 years. I have had a few first dates but no one I wanted to have a second date with.. I want someone who is going to add value in my life and my daughters. I don't believe in dating for the sake of dating or not to be alone. I am pretty content being on my own and just spending time with my daughter..

Same. <3
    I also refuse to live with someone before marriage. I make that clear, too. I know in this day and age, people are all about living together first..... but what if things don't work out? And he leaves? And later someone else moves in?
    I refuse to have a revolving door of daddy figures for my daughter. I don't want her to feel rejected by anyone she sees as dad.

I have a lot of dealbreakers and I was told I am too harsh. But this is my life and my daughter's life being impacted. And if I want to be picky as hell, I will be. I don't NEED to be with anyone...

I love this!! I have a 6 month rule when it comes to my daughter, no one gets to meet her or even come over.

And I have been told I need to lower my standards and stop expecting so much from people. The moment I feel like something is off, I call them out and walk away..

I also thought this was normal as well. Though the idea of a single warning sign, and you walk seems a bit extreme. Doesn't everyone have a warning sign or two, that people see? I thought that was just a part of puzzle pieces working together to fit with each other?

Btw, if anyone's wondering where these questions are coming from, I've never been in a relationship. Well...outside a 6 month fling in high school. As a result, I don't have a lot of the knowledge that the rest of humanity seems to. Hence why I ask.

So here is a bit of back ground of why I will walk away if I feel like something is off. I started seeing someone last year, we went out three times and he invited me over to his place for a movie. I had a bad feeling and felt uncomfortable. I brushed it off and chalked it up to nerves. So I went to hang out with him at his place, we kissed but before it went any further I would stop and he would get upset. I decided I better call it a night, I went to leave and he blocked the door. I am 5'5 and 170 lbs and he is 6'0 and 200 lbs, so needless to say that he wouldn't be easily moved. I asked him to move and he said he would if I went upstairs with him and I said no. He went to grab me and I kicked him in the nuts, I managed to get out the door. he texted me three days later to say that he wasn't interested in me anymore.

So when I have a feeling something is off, I trust my gut and walk away.

Oh Mel, I'm sorry you went through that.. scary

Yup... I pretty much stopped dating for a year after that.. lol
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    InCogNeeto wrote: »
    Hi there everyone! Just saw this tread! I would love to meet and chat with a like minded woman..

Hello & welcome! 👋🏿

We're a fun & welcoming bunch. Hopefully, you'll meet some new friends.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

Same. <3

If I understand dating and relationships correctly, the living together part is for those that don't have kids to worry about. I thought it was common for parents not to move in with someone, while they were dating. Is this not the case?

Same. <3

I love this!! I have a 6 month rule when it comes to my daughter, no one gets to meet her or even come over.

And I have been told I need to lower my standards and stop expecting so much from people. The moment I feel like something is off, I call them out and walk away..

I also thought this was normal as well. Though the idea of a single warning sign, and you walk seems a bit extreme. Doesn't everyone have a warning sign or two, that people see? I thought that was just a part of puzzle pieces working together to fit with each other?

Btw, if anyone's wondering where these questions are coming from, I've never been in a relationship. Well...outside a 6 month fling in high school. As a result, I don't have a lot of the knowledge that the rest of humanity seems to. Hence why I ask.

So here is a bit of back ground of why I will walk away if I feel like something is off. I started seeing someone last year, we went out three times and he invited me over to his place for a movie. I had a bad feeling and felt uncomfortable. I brushed it off and chalked it up to nerves. So I went to hang out with him at his place, we kissed but before it went any further I would stop and he would get upset. I decided I better call it a night, I went to leave and he blocked the door. I am 5'5 and 170 lbs and he is 6'0 and 200 lbs, so needless to say that he wouldn't be easily moved. I asked him to move and he said he would if I went upstairs with him and I said no. He went to grab me and I kicked him in the nuts, I managed to get out the door. he texted me three days later to say that he wasn't interested in me anymore.

Oh Mel, I'm sorry you went through that.. scary

Yup... I pretty much stopped dating for a year after that.. lol

Geezus, I don't blame you.. awful to think what could have happened 😔 I'm sure the scare alone was bad enough.
  • Sentinel_UK
    Sentinel_UK Posts: 213 Member

I clearly missed something here

Wasn’t anything exciting. Just a picture of a Name Tag saying “Hello my name is .... F*** Y**”
    With me saying underneath that sometimes I think I give off that vibe when being social.

😂

• Mama_runs_slow

Welcome :)
  • Sentinel_UK
    Sentinel_UK Posts: 213 Member

Glad to have you.
  • Mama_runs_slow

I clearly missed something here

Wasn’t anything exciting. Just a picture of a Name Tag saying “Hello my name is .... F*** Y**”
    With me saying underneath that sometimes I think I give off that vibe when being social.

😂
    Careful, you are giving off that "vibe" again.. lol
  • USAFProud
    USAFProud Posts: 1,293 Member

Welcome to the MFP singles fam!!
    Nice tats
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Good afternoon peeps! Work day over!
  • BasedGawd412
    BasedGawd412 Posts: 346 Member

Same. <3

Same. <3

Damn that's crazy! Glad you made it out of there.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Hello all the new folks!

Wednesday! 🐫🐪🐫🐪

Can I go back to bed now? I am so tired
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Good morning my friends.... Have a super hump day!
  • wheelinqueen
    wheelinqueen Posts: 60 Member
    Hi...I'm new here, but this looks like a fun thread. Hope everyone is having a decent Wednesday. :)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    morning all
  • wheelinqueen
    Good Morning singles!!! I am currently reading a book called, Girl stop Apologizing - it is absolutely amazing. It details the sacrifices that you have make and the behaviors you need to stop to reach your goal. I am feeling energized and hopeful.

That is on my reading list! Glad to hear that it sounds like a good one!
  • Mama_runs_slow
    Good Morning singles!!! I am currently reading a book called, Girl stop Apologizing - it is absolutely amazing. It details the sacrifices that you have make and the behaviors you need to stop to reach your goal. I am feeling energized and hopeful.

I bought her first book, Girl Wash your face. It will be delivered tomorrow. I am super excited to read it.. Normally i read books like twilight.. lol but I needed something to inspire me :)
  • wheelinqueen

I bought her first book, Girl Wash your face. It will be delivered tomorrow. I am super excited to read it.. Normally i read books like twilight.. lol but I needed something to inspire me :)

I'll admit that I've read Twilight too, but I read a mix of everything. The last few months I've read Jurassic Park, Becoming, and Unf*** Yourself. Normally I read a lot of fiction, but I've been trying to dabble in Non-Fiction to also read more inspiring words. Certainly in need of a pick me up. This last month has been a doozie. :|