WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2019

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Pip - Love your pictures.

Finally got the last of the Walmart.com groceries which included 2 $3 Batman shirts for JR. 2 toys 🧸 for Christmas 🎄 (I buy a little at a time if I see a sale saves later),y flash cards (money,time,states y capitals,y fractions on sale with even more off if 2 bought together),plus food. Fed-Ex driver just dropped them off for a couple days now. Next waiting on eBay Christmas items (Winnie the Pooh’s 4 of them lol y another training cup).

Amber Tx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,435 Member
    If u haven’t noticed I’m going through my selfie file in my photos. Who knows what file I’ll pic next
  • pipcd34
    y8wa2uhcoclz.jpeg
  • pipcd34
    stats for the day

day 17 (mon-fri)
    no gym workout

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.11min, 12.9amph, 132mhr, 1.54mi= 74c
    apple watch- 62c
    bike ride gym 2 sumn station- 50.38min, 14amph, 148mhr, 11.81mi= 500c
    apple watch- 435c
    jog station 2 wrk- 5.10min, 141mhr, 10.29min mi, .49mi= 69c
    apple watch- 59c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.25min, 9.50min mi, 144mhr, .44mi= 63c
    apple watch- 57c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 17.22min, 8.8amph, 145mhr, 2.54mi= 185c
    apple watch- 147c

total cal 891
  • pipcd34
    Good evening,ladies.I do ask that prayers,positive thoughts wishes hopes and whatever everyone believes-please.My youngest daughter is in an abusive relationship with the father of our grandson.Shes going to leave,but has to be smart and not alert him as she gets her and her sons things out and a place to live.They lived with us for a year when she left the first time (it takes 7 times to leave a bad relationship).She loves us,but wants her Own place.I have suspected that the cheating and abuse hadn’t stopped,but she had to have Enough.Prayers,hugs,and much love ❤️ to y’all.I do apologize for seeming insensitive to what y’all are going through but couldn’t hold this in and have No One to tell.
    Debby In Va

took me 3 years to leave a bad relationship. my thoughts and prayers are with her. I stayed on a friends couch, no place to go in the beginning. she will live through this. hugs
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)
  • csofled
    can i just say that the taste of colonoscopy prep is wretched?

Absolutely!! Blech!!
  • csofled
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    If u haven’t noticed I’m going through my selfie file in my photos. Who knows what file I’ll pic next

I was wondering!? 😊 Keep us on our toes!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka - I’ll make you a generous offer, for airline tickets and a two week vacation I’ll come organize your papers. That’s what friends do! 😂

Given that most personal organisers charge about $120/hour, if one worked 35 hours a week, that would be $4200/week or $8400. I could probably fly you here and put you up in a hotel for about $4000 ....

Your offer is generous! :grin:

M in Oz
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka - I’ll make you a generous offer, for airline tickets and a two week vacation I’ll come organize your papers. That’s what friends do! 😂

Given that most personal organisers charge about $120/hour, if one worked 35 hours a week, that would be $4200/week or $8400. I could probably fly you here and put you up in a hotel for about $4000 ....

Your offer is generous! :grin:

M in Oz

I’ll get my passport 😂
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    Kim - I don’t know if you could ever say your job is boring. That’s more than I would want to do sewing with chickens period, never mind dead ones. The cleaning I could handle. My first paying job that involved taxes being taken off was cleaning a motel. There were some interesting finds in there as a 16 year old.

Lisa - that must be such a relief for you!

Heather - I have suffered from depression in my life too. Yeah understand exactly what you mean about being thankful for every day. Thank you for explaining the TV license to me. We have high fees here in Canada for cable too.

On page 44 - catch up more later
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,311 Member
    Walked on the stairstepper today. The plan for tomorrow is to do Amy Dixon’s Give me 10 DVD since there’s a speaker at a Newcomer meeting that I’d like to go to.

After exercise, went to the post office to mail some packages since yesterday they were without power. Then stopped to see if Big Lots had Vince’s bread which they didn’t then got money at the ATM. Home and made biscuits. I tell you, with Jess here and now Colby, we’re going thru a lot more food. Tonight I’ll take Jess (and Colby if he’s here) out to dinner.

Kim – out of curiosity, what do you do with the chickens that have died? Bury them? Can you?

We don’t have Netflix (really, don’t have the time to use it to make it worth it) and the kids aren’t happy – especially Denise. Jess doesn’t seem to mind, she usually plays her game on the computer anyway.

I usually do the food shopping but one time when the kids were little Vince took them. When they got to things like “fruit roll ups” Denise said “oh, daddy, we need those” “does mommy buy them” “oh yes”. The truth of the matter was that I would only buy them if they were on a real good sale and I had a coupon. But the kids wanted them so daddy thought he was doing the right thing!

KJ – I’ve found that sometimes when something is on sale with my coupon it’s actually cheaper than the store brand. That’s when we get name brand. Unless there’s something that only the name brand will do. Like Vince only likes Jif pb, to me it has to be Hellman’s mayo or nothing (absolutely no Duke’s), has to be Cheerios not the store brand, but store brand of frosted mini wheats is OK, things like that. You always have such neat things you do with the kiddos. Oh, poor Trentin, his mom, and you. I do hope it’s the meds.

For a while I was into cardio where I looked forward to it, then it was weights that I looked forward to, then cardio, now I’m in a weights mood where I look forward to that. But I still do that cardio

Beth – happy belated anniversary

I love grocery shopping – comparing foods, nutritional content, price. But not with Vince. He wants to go in the store, pick up what he needs, and get out. Not me….

One time I ordered things from WalMart pick up. I didn’t realize there was a place where I could mark that substitutions were acceptable and they substituted buttermilk pancake instead of regular. I didn’t know it, but Vince actually prefers the buttermilk so we kept that. Another thing was I wanted the smaller bottle of alcohol but they sent us the larger one. When I called to tell them, do you know that they gave it to me for free! Not like I couldn’t use the larger bottle, I’d just prefer the smaller one since I don’t use it that much

JR – LOL hubby app. I most time will give Vince the wrapper from what it is I want.

Margaret – I THINK we have a wool carpet in our living room and one in the kitchen. Does wool “pill” and you have to vacuum it frequently?

Margaret – beautiful paintings

Barbara – one of the food stores around here has these cup holders on the carts for your beer. Yes, they sell cups of beer that you can drink while you’re shopping!

Debbie in VA – (((HUGS)))

Karen – when I get my colonoscopy, that’s the ONLY time I ever drink Gatorade. Now I think you need to use this prep stuff that the doc orders. Why we can’t just use the Miralax stuff is beyond me. It was OK before, what changed?

Michele in NC