WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2019

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,722 Member
    Kelly - sorry to hear about Trentin, I hope everyone is ok. It’s a shame to lose the income but I don’t blame you. I would stick to my guns too.
    I think any child in your home has a step up for preschool. You teach them so much.
    Just read your update on Trentin, I hope he gets help fast.

Beth - Happy Anniversary! I hope your son’s home gets their act together soon. How difficult this must be for you and for him.

Terri - love the poem

Rori - we rented most of our married lives, when we first bought I painted our main floor trying to add some colour to my life. It only lasted for 2 years before I scaled it back and went with a really pretty cream colour. I found it easier to decorate and change my colours with pillows and artwork with a neutral palette. Now I have a grey living room that has been bugging me. I won’t be surprised if that doesn’t change before much longer.

Margaret - nice paintings!

Rita - I would be panicking if I were you. I am in a panic when I only have to wait a couple of days for a pay. No wonder you are in a funk.

Barbara - we need to do some major Reno’s to our 1970’s single wide trailer. Money isn’t there to do it though. I’m so sorry about Scooter, hugs to you.

Debby - prayers for your daughter that she gets away safely and finally. This brings a tear to my eye as I remember helping a very dear lady leave that situation and it was so tough.

Kim - I love genealogy, I had written a book with my cousin that just passed away. Another cousin and I are trying to get it updated now. The story tellers are leaving us in fast drives it seems. You are smart to stay out of the heat. It will be a few more weeks before we find out what happened to my cousin but her Aunt believes it may have been heat stroke. We are so cool here that leaves are starting to change colour and fall. :( way too early.

Babrbie - out tv and internet bill is considered our entertainment budget too. Very few opportunities for us to travel or do anything.

I worked on organizing my office today which took getting my supervisor organized so that all of the stuff in my office that goes with her new role was moved as well. I shredded 9 bags of old documents out of 2 bookshelves. Tomorrow I have 3 more filing cabinet drawers to go.

Tonight I went and printed some wedding photos off to display on my clean bookshelf. They will make me happy. I’ll share them in a next post. These are the photographers work.

My hip is in agony tonight. About 5 more weeks before I get benefits so I can start physio.

Tracey In Edmonton
  • LuciBThinner
    LuciBThinner Posts: 207 Member
    Tracey The wedding photos are beautiful! What adorable grandchildren!! Your bookshelf will be gorgeous!
    So sorry about your hip! I know you must be anxious for the PT.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,040 Member
    edited August 2019
    Michele and Tracey thank you!

Our carpet has no nap so it does not pill. I do notice when I vacuum it does fill the canister with fiber. I only need to vacuum it every two weeks. Only thing I spilled on it was water which I soaked up quickly and it dried fine.

Tracey love the wedding photos.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,809 Member
    <3
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Tracey - Love the photos! So beautiful!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,499 Member
    I can't keep up with you ladies!! I am so many pages behind it is ridiculous! I do want to say that you are all very lovely people, and I enjoy reading your entries.

Barbara I am so saddened for you with Scooter. My dogs are a large part of my life and happiness. I know what you are going through and it is horrible! I am saying extra prayers for you as I type this. Nothing prepares us to lose our dear fur babies.

I was trying to take notes to write to specific entries, but I have misplaced them now and at this hour (11:30 pm) my brain doesn't function well enough to remember what I had wanted to respond to. I know I have been enjoying everyone's pictures!

Pip Your bikini shot reminded me I didn't look that good at my skinniest in high school! Although I don't have any desire to try to get there again (my goal is 50 pounds heavier), it amazes me that you are in such terrific shape. Hoping your shoulder is much better. That break looked very painful!

I am fighting some physical issues brought on by stress and it is messing with my diet and sugar levels. What do I have to be stressed about at this point in my life?? Nothing really. I just was raised with issues that have never been fully worked through and I am still left with depression and anxiety that is difficult to control. Beyond that, I am daily grateful for my wonderful family, children and grandchildren and the beautiful little blessing due in December! Hoping to be able to get through my unkempt house before she is born so that it will be nice enough for a sweet baby to spend time with her Grandma and Grandpa.

Karen I, too, recently went through the colonoscopy drinking party...I feel for you! Icky, for sure! Enjoy the happy place you go to during the exam!

Debby So sorry your daughter and grandson are going through the awful time of getting away from an abuser. I have been there myself, and it is a terrifying and very difficult experience. I am sending prayers for all of you as you have a lot of emotions and extra physical demands during the process!

Thank you, All, for allowing me into your lives and having this great group! I had a brain injury 11 years ago, and reading/comprehension took the biggest toll, so as much as I enjoy trying to keep up, it is a lot slower and tougher than it used to be! Hope everyone has a lovely Wednesday! xoxo

Luci - in the beautiful mountains of NC

that shot isn't a very good one. I have a waist and that doesn't show it.. growing up I was skinny that pic and I guess my size now is what I was in my 30's when I used to be an aerobics instructor. I have been on maintaining mode for years now. I am here just to hang out. don't really have to enter any food or exercising logs really, but ehhhhh might as well
  • pipcd34
    eg61a07bg8ty.jpeg
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    <3
  • pipcd34
    ipejlmlnq0f5.jpeg
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Machka - a sort of pre-meditation works for me. It's what I use to lower my blood pressure when they start to put the BP cuff on me, as I have a little bit of white coat hypertension. I try to focus one eye at a time on the end of my nose, and breathe in for a long, slow count of five through my nose, and then long, slow count of five out through my mouth. Works every time... and by the time I've done two of those full in-and-out breaths, my blood pressure is where it ought to be, and I'm fairly relaxed. Easy 30-second relaxation technique.

Lisa
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited August 2019
    TV- I use Internet more so Youtube,Netflix subscription,y we have tv but I’m not big on that less education more girls in bikinis anymore. Daughter only has internet y Netflix she’s happy even downloaded any free tv apps to YouTube. We stream it to the TV from our phones even y internet.We only got the cable because it was included in the Internet y cell phone package free. Some like Hulu to newer ones. Hubby finds something cheaper he makes them beg for our Buisness.

Grandmallie- If need be do what I did bring stuff from home piping hot! Had to do that since they wouldn’t hand feed my churchmember she had zero family! My Aunt y me took turns brought her mash potatoes to soft foods. I even got her silverware that would have helped her they took it away! Didn’t have it they claimed.We kept her comfy when they tried to chase us off we stayed put until she died in her sleep a few years later. She enjoyed my Daughter visits the most y we brought her a stuffed animal 🧸 which her roommate stole I’d just take it back each time lol 😂. I finally bought the room mate a toy too she left it alone. I let her keep the Bear after she passed it was taken by the roommate the minute the coroner took her. Lol 😂 she had a shrine of stolen bears 🐻 so I figured write the roomie name on the Bear in permanent pen 🖊 let her keep it m since she loved them so much kept them so nice.

Michele NC- I never thought about keeping a wrapper to give him but wouldn’t help anyways he’d be too embarrassed to pull it out.Gave him a lightbulb once he wouldn’t take it out so brought back the wrong size 3xs said he wouldn’t pull a old worn out lightbulb in front of people! (He cares more about what folks think that he will admit by a lot) (I don’t care I’ll scratch in public come in empty my purse out on a self check out machine to get every penny to lighten my purses weight...that way I keep my bills! ). I got no shame lol 😂.

Colonoscopy lower y upper GI since I was born after talking to a Tech for it they said they push drinking it all down,but between us (lol exactly how he worded it) if you pooped yesterday y today you can get away with drinking half. It’s more to clear you out if constipated to do a full dose. 1/2 for a regular bowl movement regiment. I couldn’t stomach miralax but don’t see why it wouldn’t if it worked in the past should still work but some doctors check to see if you filled the prescription if Their buggers.

I also don’t look my best under weight
    Look okay to myself at skinniest
    Feel great at a normal range
    Feel frumpy over weight

Baked skinless Chicken breast 4oz,tea 4oz,water,cornbread make with egg whites y unsweetened almond milk,Pam cooking spray,margarine y olive oil,a package of my favorite Idaho flavored potato mix like roasted garlic y parmesan. Hearty meal around 400cal very filling. Needed a home cook country meal feel today

RvRita- Been there had a job take
    1 1/2month where none of us got pay think they held some back for when we left cause they were closing their doors making a smaller building move to save themselves after Obamacare act hit them hard (lost a lot of customers y couldn’t afford insurance for everyone in a tiny small population hill country town). Had another job keep making excuses I held on but only got paid $350 after full time no tips for months so walked out no notice because they never gave me notice that I was working for free! Hubby agreed walk out! Another Job payed me but then wanted it all back had to quit so I could spend my time fighting it because they would take it out of my taxes if I didn’t had worked a year there! Smallest towns don’t have the best jobs since regulators are in the big city who are busting their cities balls first.

Tracy - They all were so cute y beautiful dressed!

Debby VA - Abusers start off sweet y a dream come true then slowly sour.By the time they sour usually a baby is born which means leverage for the abuser. Every woman fear even if it’s not financial support is Custody battle with the abuser getting visitation without you present to protect them or the abusers family as supervisors since they will allow the behaviors even with them standing there. My rapist got partial custody so I understand those fears greatly he did hurt her. Luckily custody battle was over 3yrs battle the judge made it hard for him to see her. He never saw her again since age 7. My fear is her ending up in a bad relationship or a future grandkid since you never know. My husband in my 30’s turned abusive at the end after I uncovered his secret life. The abuser may have been raised by an abuser themselves instead of being the victim was accepted taught how to abuse by an even sicker individual!

Amber Tx

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Terri: I love your poem. So well said, and I agree with every word. :flowerforyou:

Margaret: I haven’t smelled perfume on anyone in a long time. My deodorant is even unscented. I think you are wise to minimize manmade chemicals in your life. :star:

RV Rita: I am doing my best to stay out of the stress zone, too. My DH is also getting ready for surgery. Sending good thoughts your way. :flowerforyou:

Pip: Happy 2700!!! You are a star! :star::heart: :star:

Yvonne in TX: You seem to be doing very well. WTG!!! I’ve had to take myself off of alcohol because I don’t manage it well. One leads to another. I don’t get loaded. I get memory problems and my weight goes up like a rocket. :embarassed:

Beth: The chicken pozole salad looks wonderful!! YUM!

KJ: I’ll be putting Trenton in my thoughts and prayers. I hope they’re able to get to the bottom of the problem and help him to feel better. I think your suspicion of the meds is likely spot on. :star:

Rori: Post pics when you can. :star:

Meg from Omaha: I’m glad you had a good trip and a good visit with Rori and your DH. :flowerforyou:

Barbara: I’m so sorry to her that you will have to say goodbye to Scooter. Losing a fur-baby is so hard and heart wrenching. :heart: :broken_heart::heart:

Karen in VA: You are correct that colonoscopy prep is wretched. Been there, done that, and I don’t have to do it again for a while. Thank goodness! DH went through it recently. His insides are healthy. Now he needs to see about back surgery. Poor guy. :ohwell:

I haven’t seen all the posts, but DH needs my attention, so I will have to come back later. Have a great day.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon