Looking for a COMPETITIVE PAL!

I am looking am looking to be VERY serious and yet have fun at the same time with this. I always do the best when I lose weight in a little bit of a competitive way with someone. It keeps me on track.

Looking for someone else around the same weight and height that would be will to not mess around and serious work on reaching our goal to fitness and weight loss.

Checking in on each other’s progress/calories daily (on MFP). Also doing a weekly weigh in?

If you think this would work for you. Please let me know.

Replies

• BasedGawd412
    BasedGawd412 Posts: 346 Member
    I log everyday and do weekly weigh ins. I'm always up for a challenge as well.
  • Tanyasun115
    Tanyasun115 Posts: 20 Member
    Sounds great! I am 5' 3" I need to weigh myself in the morning, but I am about 153. I want to get down to 115-122. I will be pretty happy at 125 though!
  • eryn0x
    eryn0x Posts: 138 Member
    Any women around 5’9 and 170? It’s on.
  • nouh220200
    nouh220200 Posts: 39 Member
    I am sooooo on
  • nisie3
    nisie3 Posts: 99 Member
    eryn0x wrote: »
    Any women around 5’9 and 170? It’s on.
    I’m 5’8” 172!
  • Kuchiness
    Kuchiness Posts: 48 Member
    edited August 2019
    Ok, I'm 5'3 too and I'm up for it! I need a good kick in my backside.
  • SuzOh
    SuzOh Posts: 262 Member
    You had me at COMPETITIVE! I'm 5'4" 186, looking to get down to 155 -160, then re-evaluate.
  • SuzOh
    SuzOh Posts: 262 Member
    We could use percentage of body weight lost to make it work for everyone. Just a thought.
  • RiverInEgypt
    RiverInEgypt Posts: 5 Member
    I'm 5'8" and 179lbs.

I weigh daily (otherwise I forget what I'm meant to be doing) and weight goes up and down a couple of pounds most days. I think that's due to the IBS, which goes mad if I eat the wrong-for-me things.

Feel free to send a friends invite thingy!
  • johanjrck
    johanjrck Posts: 2 Member
    I’ve been trying to get friends and family to join the app so I could compare stuff and see what’s working for others. 5’1” 206lbs. Just started. Weigh weekly. Feel free to add me also community
  • hixa30
    hixa30 Posts: 274 Member
    edited August 2019
    Does anyone like the idea of a competitive challenge in the Challenges forum? If you don't gain over 6 weeks you get a bronze award. 0.33 % per week loss over 8 weeks you get a silver. 0.5 % per week loss over 8 weeks you get a gold award. Lots of precious metals more expensive than gold, so for every 4 weeks extra you get a new rare metal award.

Note: there are currently zero competitive challenges in the Challenges forum, so that indicates how popular they are. Reply to this post and if I get 3 replies I'll post in the Challenges forum. Or you can just post in the Challenges forum yourself.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Awesome thread. :) I’m 5’9 I hover around 148-150
    I log everyday, am I’m a veggieaholic and I work out 3-4 times per week. Similarly looking for people that are serious about health. 🌻
  • Tanyasun115
    I am a tiny bit under 5' 3 154 today. I really want into the 130's I know it is possible. The 4 lbs have been fluctuating a lot so I don't think that will take too long to lose...it is the next 11 that will be the issue.
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    I'm 5'9ft and weigh around 185lbs right now! Add me if you're similar :D
  • bensonrealtyla
    bensonrealtyla Posts: 1 Member
    I'm 5'6", about 190lbs. Anyone similar? I love a.good. competition!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,261 Member
    I'm 5'1" and 159. I could us a kick in the *kitten*. Looking to get down <120.
  • Tanyasun115
    All of these are excellent ideas. What works best for everyone though. Should we just list our weight on here daily?
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,261 Member
    I think we need a goal... First to lose 5% body weight or something
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,127 Member
    edited December 2019
    So, @yelliezx , @RiverInEgypt and @bensonrealtyla How about me: 5' 8", 178 lbs, and my goal is 146 lbs.

I have been kicking b*tt at about 1.5 lbs/week since March 2019. I am worried the last 32 lbs will be much harder and need more care and motivation to not fizzle out. I can be a real over-competitive jerk :smiley: (just kidding) but sure what's the contest?