Replies

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Of course not, why would I follow her Ppff 🤥
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    1sphere wrote: »
    1sphere wrote: »
    I would bet that "I'm fine/I'm ok" is probably the most common lie told.
    well that's sad, I never say that when I'm not ok. I just can't, I'm a realist... I may walk away and say nothing

I'm a realist too. But I don't like to unnecessarily burden people when I'm not fine. Not everyone needs to, or wants to know when I'm not ok. I usually have one or two people I can unload on. I would expect that most people are this way.
    Yes I know what you mean, I might say sometimes on autopilot "Yea, Fine" or else I might just say "Hey". But I still hate to say something without being honest, I dunno.

When I'm not ok I usually just say, "I'm hanging in there" which is true but doesn't sound dreadful enough to warrant any follow up questions.

I go with “I’m alright” but inside my head I compare my current state against boiling in literal hell so in that way, I’m not lying
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    I can't remember. I rarely lie straight up. There's not much for me to lie about or be ashamed of in my life, not a lot of drama, and telling the truth is usually easier and less stressful than lying. Especially if it's about something important...

When a situation arises where telling the truth might be "tricky," rather than outright lie, I usually either don't say anything at all, or I don't correct an incorrect belief (for example, not correcting someone who wrongly thinks I've been working hard when I've really just mostly been lazing around) or I say something that actually IS truthful in order to redirect/distract/deflect. >:)

So I guess the last lie "I didn't tell" ;) was from my example above: I let my husband believe that I'd spent all day working hard out in the backyard like some kind of a bad *kitten*. In reality, I only spent like an hour and a half, and napped the rest of the afternoon. A little bit of weeding and spring cleaning out there looked like it took all day but it didn't really. I didn't say I'd worked all day, but I didn't deny it. So I let him believe it and basked in the undeserved glory. o:)B)
  • BlowPopKisses
    BlowPopKisses Posts: 1,482 Member
    I'm not gonna' read it, I don't care
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    If you don't eat all your breakfast... Momo's gonna get you! 😂
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Kiwis are the best! :p
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Tankiscool wrote: »
    Kiwis are the best! :p

Tank is cool.

New Zealand waves are the best
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,861 Member
    This sentence you’re reading right now is a a lie.

Wait for it..,,
    6b8jlviiq9v1.gif
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    I’m busy this weekend, I can’t come over
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    I just agreed to a follow up meeting on a topic I've had less than zero interest in discussing. Oh, did I mention I'm giving my official notice tomorrow?
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    "No, go ahead and post it. I guarantee you won't get in any trouble."
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    "@kinetixtrainer2's derriere is nothing to write home about."
  • stevemorgan308
    stevemorgan308 Posts: 11 Member
    Someone’s lying on here 😃
    I wonder who ???
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    I don’t like pineapple on my pizza.
  • Teenybudda
    Teenybudda Posts: 206 Member
    "Peppa pig is finished now."
    (On Netflix..)
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Teenybudda wrote: »
    "Peppa pig is finished now."
    (On Netflix..)

Scarred for life lol
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    tams_89 wrote: »
    If you don't listen I will cancel your plane ticket and leave you at home. To my 4 year old 🙈

He could be in the re-make of “Home Alone”.