I’m stumped at 145lbs. Please help.

Coffee_addict22
Coffee_addict22 Posts: 86 Member
edited August 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
I’m so frustrated. I’ve tracked my calories(1200) for the last 3 weeks aside from a handful of meals I wasn’t able to count on. I walk/run everyday. I try to drink at least 90oz of water.

I currently weigh 145 which is more than when I started tracking, I only weighed 140 then. I have calorie tracked several times in the past. Never got under 138.

I’m a recovering anorexic. I was that way for 3 years. I think it damaged my body where it’s makes it impossible for me to lose weight. I’ve been eating normally for 5years. I’ve tried to get back down to 120ish for 4 years now. I did have a baby in there though.

Please don’t tell me I don’t need to lose weight. I know how I used to weigh!!! I honestly need help from someone to help me figure out why I can’t lose weight or even just inches. Someone has to have gone through something like this.

Replies

• Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Tempted to ask how tall you are? I wonder if you've had yourself checked out to ensure there is nothing going on, pregnancy can disrupt things for some though you have not said you are gaining necessarily, could be covered by cycles and things clouding the picture by increasing the appearance of your weight. Try not to stress about things, it is essential you take care of yourself to keep from slipping back in to your old ways. I agree with the above poster, if you can set your activity level to, loose 1 lb a week, possibly half, and also put yourself into at least lightly active, with a little one wising about you have to be more than sedentary, as ggc is at my feet, giggle. Doing so will give you sufficient help you feel better in yourself and reduce the risk of over doing foods. I agree weigh what you can, things your prepare for yourself. Eating out can be an issue, try looking up food values for the place you are using, most have online information these days, may be use their approximation for the meal you will be having and then work backwards from there going lighter for breakfast and lunch or snacks how ever your work your days. Elephant counting going on now...……… in 10 seconds something more will be happening.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,967 Member
    Hard to give much advice without more information (M/F, height, age, overall activity level, etc).

I'm a 5' 7" F and once I'm into the 140's it gets harder for me to lose. My hunger tends to escalate quickly (especially if I'm working out) but the scale verifies that I cannot eat more than I am - I do, however, eat a fair bit more than you (with exercise included, sedentary desk job, I get about 1800kcal/day).

I find it much more manageable to keep my losses slower, anything over 1 pound a week I simply cannot sustain. My weight also tends to "woosh" - I won't see much movement on the scale for a couple/few weeks, then "woosh" down 1-2 pounds. Rinse and repeat.

Ideal for me is around 128-132 (ish, I will reevaluate when I get into the 130's). It's not easy. I'm in a healthy weight range, but for my body, it is not healthy (I carry my weight right around my middle, lose from the outside in with the saddle bags the last thing to go). It needs to be a slow process, and it needs to be something you realize is going to be on-going, probably forever. The maintenance forum is great for understanding that we don't get to a "goal" and then we're done, but that we need to be doing things that we will sustain indefinitely.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,881 Member
    There are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • Coffee_addict22
    Fuzzipeg wrote: »
    Tempted to ask how tall you are? I wonder if you've had yourself checked out to ensure there is nothing going on, pregnancy can disrupt things for some though you have not said you are gaining necessarily, could be covered by cycles and things clouding the picture by increasing the appearance of your weight. Try not to stress about things, it is essential you take care of yourself to keep from slipping back in to your old ways. I agree with the above poster, if you can set your activity level to, loose 1 lb a week, possibly half, and also put yourself into at least lightly active, with a little one wising about you have to be more than sedentary, as ggc is at my feet, giggle. Doing so will give you sufficient help you feel better in yourself and reduce the risk of over doing foods. I agree weigh what you can, things your prepare for yourself. Eating out can be an issue, try looking up food values for the place you are using, most have online information these days, may be use their approximation for the meal you will be having and then work backwards from there going lighter for breakfast and lunch or snacks how ever your work your days. Elephant counting going on now...……… in 10 seconds something more will be happening.

5’4”. I had my hormones checked 2 years ago after I had my son. They were fine. It took me over a year to get to prepregnancy weight of 140ish. I just can’t get under that. Most of the extra weight is in my hips and thighs.
  • Coffee_addict22
    Why are you only eating 1200 calories when active?

That's still dangerously low.

And ideal weight goes mostly by height, which you didn't mention. If eating too low of calories, weight's not the main concern.

I'm a recovered anorexic. I'm 5'8" and had heart failure at 25 years old weighing 134. No precursors or warnings, just started gaining weight, gained 102 lbs pretty much over night in water weight, because the heart had slowed. (Less than two months, felt like it was over night)

I suggest check with a doctor about your calorie intake, activity level, and your weight gain.

And do any dieting under a doctor's supervision.

If it’s accepted by the standards how is it too low? I’m not starving myself. I’m 5’4.

I was severely underweight (115 if not under that) so I know a lot of it was to do with me starving myself for so long. I was a teenager. And I didn’t know better. I didn’t know I had an eating disorder until I was out of it.
  • Coffee_addict22
    LAT1963 wrote: »
    Suggest seeing a doc. As another former anorexic said, you are at risk for heart failure (this is what killed famous anorexic Karen Carpenter). One early symptom of heart failure--water retention and weight gain.

It’s been 5 years since I’ve had an eating disorder. I’m not severely overweight. I’m just not happy where I’m at. I would like to be a little more comfortable with myself.
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    I’m 5’4” and my goal is 145lb, I’m currently around 155-160lb. Maybe instead of looking at loss you can look at muscle gains? Changing composition,