JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    Thought all the honorary aunts may want a Casey update!
    Shes full on walking, i even catch her doing a little run or power walk LOL.
    She remembers where the cereal cupboard is and i regularly find her in there eati g cereal from the box!
    Shes a fearless climber lol! Today she climbed out of her highchair, onto the dining table, down onto the chair and down to the floor, thdn she wandered off to the kitchen to get... you guessed it... MORE CEREAL!

she doesnt really say many words, i was a little concerned but i noticed that although she doesnt say much she understands ALOT. but today i got a very distinct "Hi!" And "Bye" with a wave too lol!
    She still loves giving kisses! She'll stand up next to you on the sofa and put her arm round your neck lol!
    And she does monkey sounds (oo oo ah ah ah) when she sees a picture of 1 lol!

Will post pic tomorrow when shes had a wash LOL her hair is a state!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    Thought all the honorary aunts may want a Casey update!
    Shes full on walking, i even catch her doing a little run or power walk LOL.
    She remembers where the cereal cupboard is and i regularly find her in there eati g cereal from the box!
    Shes a fearless climber lol! Today she climbed out of her highchair, onto the dining table, down onto the chair and down to the floor, thdn she wandered off to the kitchen to get... you guessed it... MORE CEREAL!

she doesnt really say many words, i was a little concerned but i noticed that although she doesnt say much she understands ALOT. but today i got a very distinct "Hi!" And "Bye" with a wave too lol!
    She still loves giving kisses! She'll stand up next to you on the sofa and put her arm round your neck lol!
    And she does monkey sounds (oo oo ah ah ah) when she sees a picture of 1 lol!

Will post pic tomorrow when shes had a wash LOL her hair is a state!

Awwwww!!! I totally needed a Casey update!!! I can't wait to see her pic tomorrow! I can just picture that little cutie going after the cereal. :heart:
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member
    Scale Goals progress:
    SW: 227 (Mar 2014) Worsening hip problem made weight loss imperative.
    Jan 2015: 220: -7lbs; Struggled on my own to lose that 7 lbs. Joined MFP on daughter's recommendation.
    UGW: 153 (losing 1 lb per week)
    Sept 2015: 189:βœ… -38; Had my hip replacement op.
    Oct 2016: 153:βœ… -75: My lowest weight in a long time. It was a really struggle losing the final few lbs.
    Nov 2016: 160:πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ -68: A holiday and several family celebrations later.
    Feb 2017: 164:πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ -64 Christmas and more celebrations!
    Aug 2017: 159.2:βœ… -68.8 I seem to have reached an equilibrium around 160/5.
    Jan 2018: 165: 😏 Still working on discarding that last 12 lbs.
    Jan 2019: 165: 😏 Still working at it.
    Goal for Dec 2019: 155
    Apr 2019: 162.4: πŸ˜„ Decided to concentrate more on health and fitness. I am increasing my strength training.
    Jul 2019: 166.2: πŸ’ͺ🏻 Muscle % increasing, but so is weight. Measurements are decreasing. Holiday 20 - 27 July Is bound to push it up more!
    28/07/2019: 169.6: 😜 Holiday baggage is the pits! This morning My Scale informed me that I was 'Overfat'. Let's see what I can do in 4 days to bring this back down!
    29/07/2019: 169.0 😁 Phew! It’s shifting! Now I gotta stay on track.
    30/07/2019: 168.2: Scale now says I’m β€˜healthy’ lol!
    31/07/2019: 168.4: Normal daily fluctuation.
    1 Aug 2019: 167.8:
    06/08: 167.4
    07/08: 167.4
    08/08: 166.9
    09/08: 166.4
    10/08: 166.4
    11/08: 166.3
    12/08: 166.0
    13/08: 166.0
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    CW: 166.0 - 1.4 lb

JFT: Tues 12 August
    • Meditation/Reflection 🌟
    • Log food/follow through/hydrate 🌟
    • 10 mins dynamic yoga 🌟
    • 6000+ steps 🌟
    • Laundry 🌟
    • Work on prep for September start back. 😏 -->
    • 15+ mins declutter session 🌟
    • Work on crochet 🌟

JFT: Wed 13 August
    • Meditation/Reflection
    • Log food/follow through/hydrate
    • 10 mins dynamic yoga
    • 6000+ steps
    • Grocery shopping
    • Spend time with elder daughter who is coming to lunch
    • 15+ mins declutter session
    • Work on crochet
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    @Faebert - I hope you are on the mend! Sounds like a good day today.

@nlmackey98 - I cried reading your post. I’m so happy for you. Your husband sounds wonderful and so supportive. I’m just so incredibly happy you made this step.

@korina75 - I believe one of the best decisions I ever made was joining this group. I gained 10 pounds leading up to the wedding and after while company was still here. I know without a doubt if it wasn’t for the friendships I have made here I wouldn’t have started working so fast to get back on track. I know it will take time but at least I’m working on it which is better than doing nothing. You can do it!

@TerriRichardson112 - I am shocked myself, but I truthfully think a lot of it was water weight and getting my water in is helping so much. I love your advice to have a clean slate every day!

@PackerFanInGB - I hope your husband drives you. I think that is needed. Hugs and love to you.

@ZizzyBumble - Hugs to you as well. It’s tough watching a parent be sick. I agree they are more important than calorie counting.

@Bex953172 - love the Casey update!

• Snowflake1968
    SW - 186.6
    CW - 182.8
    The SW is the weight the day we started this challenge, CW is my daily weigh in JFT

JFT - Tuesday Aug 13
    2L of water - πŸ‘Ώ
    Log all food - πŸ™‚
    Gratitude journal - πŸ™‚

JFT - Wednesday Aug 14
    2L of water
    Log all food
    Gratitude journal

Well I logged all the food today and when I put in all of the cleaning 🧹 I did at work I think it balanced out. I put 5 hours of cleaning but it was actually 6.5 hours. I had pizza for lunch and McDonald’s for supper, not the way to keep losing that’s for sure. I’m sure my weight will be up again tomorrow.

I cleaned two bookshelves off today and emptied two filing cabinets. Shredded 9 bags of paperwork. Tomorrow I have 3 more drawers in 2 filing cabinets to sort and then I need to organize some more.

Since I now have some empty shelves on my bookshelf I went and printed some of the photographers pictures off from the wedding. I’ll post them in the next post.

See you all tomorrow evening!
  • Snowflake1968
    Wedding pictures, my beautiful girls and grandchildren and one of the family.
    owbt0g95bafm.jpeg
    2yaucsht9xdw.jpeg
    i07fufvluqkk.jpeg
    2cgwol8yy6a6.jpeg
    z62f0vtv62pt.jpeg
    8gmiuszsincq.jpeg
    9z9idzfvgs69.jpeg
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Gorgeous photos @snowflake1968! You must be super proud x
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Rainy start to the day here in London but I got in a good run through the drizzle! I was cautious because of the hip pain but I ran on trail so less impact and I feel ok now I’m home. Fingers crossed I don’t seize up again!

Tuesday goals recap:
    - morning workout βœ…
    - leave by 10 βœ…
    - car appointment 11:50 βœ…
    - online grocery shop βœ…
    - put away laundry❎
    - shoe and book clearout βœ…
    - lay out running kitβœ…
    - bed by 10. βœ…

Wednesday goals:
    - morning run βœ… 7.3 miles/ 12ish km 😊
    - Put away laundry!!!
    - Walk into town for kids’ appointments (hairdresser, optician etc)
    - Go to gym to sort kids membership
    - Health food store
    - finish downstairs house revamp
    - Pack for Manchester
    - Lay out gym kit
    - Bed by 9:30

Have a good day everyone x
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member
    edited August 2019
    @Snowflake1968 It looks like you all had a beautiful day at the wedding. Nice to see you settling in, and personalising your new workplace.
    Scale Goals progress:
    SW: 227 (Mar 2014) Worsening hip problem made weight loss imperative.
    Jan 2015: 220: -7lbs; Struggled on my own to lose that 7 lbs. Joined MFP on daughter's recommendation.
    UGW: 153 (losing 1 lb per week)
    Sept 2015: 189:βœ… -38; Had my hip replacement op.
    Oct 2016: 153:βœ… -75: My lowest weight in a long time. It was a really struggle losing the final few lbs.
    Nov 2016: 160:πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ -68: A holiday and several family celebrations later.
    Feb 2017: 164:πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ -64 Christmas and more celebrations!
    Aug 2017: 159.2:βœ… -68.8 I seem to have reached an equilibrium around 160/5.
    Jan 2018: 165: 😏 Still working on discarding that last 12 lbs.
    Jan 2019: 165: 😏 Still working at it.
    Goal for Dec 2019: 155
    Apr 2019: 162.4: πŸ˜„ Decided to concentrate more on health and fitness. I am increasing my strength training.
    Jul 2019: 166.2: πŸ’ͺ🏻 Muscle % increasing, but so is weight. Measurements are decreasing. Holiday 20 - 27 July Is bound to push it up more!
    28/07/2019: 169.6: 😜 Holiday baggage is the pits! This morning My Scale informed me that I was 'Overfat'. Let's see what I can do in 4 days to bring this back down!
    29/07/2019: 169.0 😁 Phew! It’s shifting! Now I gotta stay on track.
    30/07/2019: 168.2: Scale now says I’m β€˜healthy’ lol!
    31/07/2019: 168.4: Normal daily fluctuation.
    1 Aug 2019: 167.8:
    06/08: 167.4
    07/08: 167.4
    08/08: 166.9
    09/08: 166.4
    10/08: 166.4
    11/08: 166.3
    12/08: 166.0
    13/08: 166.0
    14/08: 165.2
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    CW: 165.2 - 2.2 lb

Already up and working at it. My elder girl is coming for lunch, so we are growing out early to do our shopping.
    JFT: Wed 13 August

• Meditation/Reflection 🌟
    • Log food/follow through/hydrate
    • 10 mins dynamic yoga 🌟 + 15 mins lower body circuits
    • 6000+ steps
    • Grocery shopping
    • Spend time with elder daughter who is coming to lunch
    • 15+ mins declutter session 🌟 dressing table area
    • Work on crochet
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Wednesday 14 August

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge
    Jul challenge
    Aug challenge

It looks as if it might be a wet day today and I have a mountain of household chores that I should tackle! @snowflake1968 I really should follow your example and do some decluttering.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Good morning! I totally forgot to post goals yesterday, but it was actually the first day I've stayed within my calories and I don't even know how long! We've been keeping my brother-in-law's dog at our house because he and his fiance have been going through a breakup. Yesterday my dad brought one of our dogs, Kya, to stay with us now too. I really want Rukia to come here too but he said he doesn't think it's a good idea for her to be here until we have a fence put up, and I completely agree, as I'm sure some of you remember what happened with them a few months ago!

We are getting an estimate from a fence company on Friday, but I really have no idea what to expect price wise. On the bright side they do offer financing with 12 months interest-free, so if it's something that we can pay off within 12 months I think it would be worth it. I know it would be much cheaper to do it ourselves but I just don't see where we will possibly find the time!

@nlmackey98 I am so sorry you've been struggling, but glad to hear you've been feeling a little more positive. You are beautiful no matter what and your husband sees that too! We are very similar, if I am anything less than perfect then in my mind I am just not good enough and it is a very toxic way of thinking. I still struggle with this daily and hope one day to overcome it.

@Snowflake1968 WOW what gorgeous photos!!!! 😍😍

To the rest of you, I hope you all have a wonderful day!

JFT 8/14:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Finish work at 5:15
    3. Finish cleaning bathroom
    4. Clear off kitchen countertops
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    JFT 8/13: Recap

30 minutes exercise-easy does it :)
    Eat within calories :)
    Homecooked everything :)
    Lots of water, no alcohol :)

Did well yesterday, and in a rush this morning but already lost some of the vacation weight. It'll come off a bit faster I think as long as I stay on track.

JFT 8/14

30 minutes yesterday
    Eat within calories
    catch up on laundry
    tidy up house
    10 minutes yoga/stretching
    Water at all meals

@Snowflake1968 Thank you! Knowing I can get back on track helped me to enjoy the vacation. I wish I was better about exercising on vacation though! I always feel better when I'm at least exercising and I didn't do it. That's harder to get back to.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    So the thought meandered into my brain that when our energy is depleted, we need food, rest, or both. I can't help wondering if the reason I'm not losing weight is that it takes a lot less time to eat than to rest! And not only that, you have some control over whether or not you eat. You can lie down and try to rest when you're tired, but sometimes even though you're tired, you're antsy and you can't relax.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Hello everyone! Good morning!

So Matt went back to work yesterday and had a decent day! That's all I was asking for. Lol. A new manager had him doing some stuff that he probably shouldn't have been doing physically(as in too much for him on his first day back) but I told him to talk to his other manager which he did. So today he should have a nice easy day of building bikes and getting back into the swing of things. He was pretty happy when he got home. Exhausted but happy. I think he thought that he wouldn't be able to stick it. Like there was just no hope of him going back. I know that he was really nervous when he got there yesterday. So here's to hoping that everything really is getting back to normal again!

So yesterday I ran a few errands in the morning and then took a 3.5-hour nap in the afternoon! Definitely overslept. Should have got up after like 2 hours but such is me that I didn't and paid the price for it! Lol.

So today is going to be a deep clean day! I feel like I need to get all sorts of things done today. I think I might run to Walmart and pick up some more cleaning supplies too. Lol.

So onto my goals,

JFT, 8/14/19

1. Log all my food
    2. Up at 5/Gym @ 530
    3. DISHES!!!
    4. Clean off the tables
    5. Bring back the garbage can
    6. Walmart
    7. DUST EVERYTHING
    8. Pull out storage and organize
    9. Figure out dinner
    10. Do the dishes again AFTER DINNER!!
    11. Bed at a reasonable time
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member
    JFT Tuesday

- Get up and get ready - :/ Ball cap and slouchy t-shirt
    - Take meds & pack lunch - :smile: -
    - On time for work - :/ Not even close 8:40ish
    - Breakfast: protein bar and grapes :smile: -
    - Log all meals :smile: First time in ages
    - Fill out mood log/journal focusing on the positives from yesterday :smile: this was hard as the day was rough
    - Catch up with JFT a bit :smile: -
    - Lunch: Leftover Chinese, chicken & broccoli with very little rice :smile:
    - Work until 5:30 :smile:
    - Go into town to run, it's too overcast to run the windy narrow road I live on :( Gloomy and headachy
    - Do NOT stop and get junk food on the way home from run :smile:
    - Dinner with the family :smile:
    - Bible Reading / Gratitude Journal :( just didn't feel up to it. I was so tired and didn't feel well
    - No alcohol :smile: Even though hubby did
    - Bed by 11:00 :smile: I think

Feeling a bit under the weather today, but emotionally positive. Yesterday was a wash, some good, some bad. I guess there are days like that. My race/run with my niece is Saturday, and I'm not sure I'm up to it, but I am stubborn so that may pull me through. Would like to run this evening just to show myself I can do it, but on solo runs it's easy for me to walk even when I don't really need to. I mean if you only need to stop and walk for 30s, you probably didn't need to stop just to slow down. Damn I just looked at my schedule and that run isn't likely to happen tonight...

JFT Wednesday

- Get up and get ready :smiley: did my hair and everything and still made it to work by my normal time (30min late). It does feel good to look good.
    - Pack lunch and fruit for breakfast :smile:
    - Breakfast: protein bar & applesauce :smile:
    - Get samples in the oven for their 3 our extraction. Random worky stuff.
    - Lunch - Chicken breast over baby spinach with a bit of Italian dressing and mixed berries
    - Work up samples.
    - Attend Co-op's Exit Presentation
    - Work until 5:30, or leave at 4:00 and help the kiddo set up her checking account.
    - Meeting with school about NCAA student athlete information/requirements. Yup, it's time to look at colleges and the kid wants to row in college. I have no idea how to go about this. Hopefully this session will help.
    - Dinner within calories either before or after meeting. It may be a fast food or restaurant kind of dinner = stress.
    - Do my Bible reading and gratitude journal. I kind of got out of the habit on vacation.
    - No alcohol
    - Bed by 11:00

Positive thought for today: I have the capacity to love all people, and to forgive all grievances I've encountered thus far, but there are only a few select people I can trust with my heart. These are the people I cherish.

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member
    edited August 2019
    @Snowflake1968 Those pictures are phenomenal. The photographer nailed it and captured the light-hearted joy in the moment. I never can figure out how they come up with some of the shots and angles they find. It didn't hurt that he had beautiful subjects.

And yes my husband is amazing. I sometimes feel he loves me too much, but that is a problem I am happy to deal with.

@aubyshortcake I am totally with you on do-it-yourself projects. We probably have the skill to do things, but we just don't have the time or patience to do them.

@HEGoddard0928 I'm so happy Matt had a positive first day back! I must say, I'm a little jealous of the nap. You're right though more than 2 hours messes things up.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Checking in from Tuesday
    1. AM run: 2 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions.
    3. Class 1: Correct quotation marks assignment. Plot terms. Character comparison. Begin reading "The Fan Club."
    4.Class 2-3: Correct quotation marks assignment. Plot terms. Finish reading "Initiation." 3rd block gets candy; check list.
    5. Planning: A - Update class websites. B - Blog post. C - Input classwork grades. D - Grade 10 summer essays.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! PLAN AND LOG FOR TOMORROW. Pack the checkbook.
    7. Rehearsal. Can Duane put the login numbers into my roster?
    8. Read 10 pages of Dying for a Paycheck. Update Goodreads Friday. Weigh and prep celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 6:00.

JFT Wednesday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions.
    3. Class 1: Guidelines for assessment. Dialogue review. MLA formatting. Narrative assessment
    4.Class 2-3: PBWiki discussion. Guidelines for assessment. Dialogue review. MLA formatting. Narrative assessment. 3rd block gets candy; check list.
    5. Planning: A - Update class websites. B - Blog post. C - Input classwork grades. D - Grade 10 summer essays.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! PLAN AND LOG FOR TOMORROW. Pack the checkbook.
    7. NO REHEARSAL! Check for protein bar, yogurts, pressed powder. Laundry. :P
    8. Read 10 pages of Dying for a Paycheck. Update Goodreads Friday. Weigh and prep celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:10.
    10. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format, poetry. Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Continue bartending course. Check w/ dad about getting bikes to shop next week (?)

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 192.0

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Oct 29 8 AM. Onco Oct 22 9:30. PCP Sept 18 10:15. ObG Oct 22 10:30. GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: Mamma Mia. Next?
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Get bikes fixed.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. I'm sorry I'm not responding much. I feel like I shouldn't be so tired. But I am. :(
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    GOOD MORNING! GOOD MORNING! GOOD MORNING!!
    I LOVE YOU ALL! HUGS!

JFT WEDNESDAY

WAKE UP/GET UP
    BATHROOM ROUTINE
    COFFEE
    PRAISE AND RAISE
    KNEE/BED EXERCISES
    READ
    TAKE MEDS
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Posting quickly for the day (b/c work - hahaha). Will catch up later...

Recap T 8/13
    1) Walked dog before work 3.63 mi 1:05:12 (forgot to stretch) = happy dog & happy me :smiley: I'll be happier once humidity drops
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 15,158 steps, 250+ 13/14 (DDS) & 41 floors :smiley:
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories zero / 14c water = Not bad at all... net cals -43 :smile: , sodium -977 :( , sugar -17 (more fruits & veggies), fiber ok, protein good, 14c water
    4) Dentist appt. after lunch = I like the new girl :smile:
    5) GA-C/V progress & be ready to start observations on Thurs. = lots of revisions (reduced checklist) & ready to start observations Wed! :smiley:
    6) Evening to-dos :smile: / unplug 9:00 :smile: / floss :D I'm counting at the dentist / retainers :smile: / set 5:40 alarm (walk dog W a.m.) :smile: / bed & tv off 10:20 :smiley: by 10:00

JFT W 8/14
    1) Walked dog before work 3.67 mi 1:03:00 & stretched = happy dog & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks when in office / 5 somethings
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged except supper / happy hour w/ former colleagues ~ preview menu online & stick w/ healthier choice / enjoy 1 adult beverage / net cals zero / 14c water
    4) Observations at least 3 locations today / mileage log / write-ups
    5) Restaurant 4:30 / make cuke salad / band concert 7:30? / take away dog's food 8-9p.m. (dental appt. R) / prep laundry for R / other?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set 6:00 alarm (laundry & x-train R a.m.) / bed & tv off 10:20
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    Good morning! It's work-at-home Wednesday! My favorite day of the week (besides Saturday and Sunday, of course. :smile: We've got a little break in the heat and humidity today and actually turned off the A/C and have all the windows and doors open, letting in fresh air! It's fabulous! Really lifts my mood, and I don't even mind the clouds or forecast of rain. Sitting in the dining room, listening to the wind blowing through the trees, the birds and squirrels out at the bird feeder and neighbors mowing their lawn instead of phones ringing in cubicles all around me somehow feels cathartic today.

I came to a decision and will be taking a few days over the weekend to go visit my stepdad, who is fading quickly. I have been struggling between being respectful of his wishes for no visitors and my own feelings of needing him to know how much he means to me. So I'm going, and if all I get to do is give him a hug and tell him I love him, then that will be enough. I'll get the opportunity to give my mom a hug also and perhaps it will help with a bit of closure.

In the meantime, today I will enjoy these quiet moments at home, be kind, and will take time to just be grateful for the day. I think if I can find a place of peace in my heart, my healthy habits will follow. It isn't like I've gone off the deep end food-wise....but the emotional toll has left me exhausted and I've not gotten any activity in quite some time. I think if I just walked daily, I'd probably drop 5 lbs quickly. So, one of my goals today is to NOT eat any of the brownies my husband baked last night and left on the counter, and to take Maddie for a walk during my lunch break today! :flowerforyou:

@Snowflake1968 Those wedding pictures are absolutely precious! What a beautiful family you have! I especially loved the pics of the flower girl and ring bearer! Such innocence captured in those photos.

@clicketykeys I'm sure being tired is making a difference in whether you lose weight or not. It is making a HUGE difference for me right now. You have so much on your plate, that I am always in awe of how much you get done. I could not do it. The same with @Faebert ! You two are so busy that I feel like a schlump! (is that a word?)

@cschmitz110515 How was your walk this morning? Isn't it nice to have a break in the humidity today? I think even the yard critters agree...it's like a wildlife sanctuary out there today! :mrgreen:

@maryrobinson40 GOOD MORNING! You always put such a big smile on my face! LOVE YOU! :heart:

Have a wonderful day my friends! I'm thinking of you all! :flowerforyou: