Gaining Weight + Exercise?

Hi, so I’ve been trying to gain weight. I want to still be able to exercise moderately. I planned on walking 30 min everyday while also eating more calories. I just want to know if I could still stay in shape while I gain weight. Thanks! :)

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Walking will help with your health, and it won't burn too many calories so you should be able to keep up with your intake to gain to get to a healthy weight (if that is your goal). At some point if you want to gain some muscle I would think about incorporating progressive resistance training.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Walking will help with your health, and it won't burn too many calories so you should be able to keep up with your intake to gain to get to a healthy weight (if that is your goal). At some point if you want to gain some muscle I would think about incorporating progressive resistance training.

To add since I just saw the above thread, please listen to your doctor/treatment team before you do any kind of exercise
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Oh - I've just seen your other almost exactly the same post. Here is my answer:

I don't think its actually possible to do all of the things you want to at the same time! 'gain weight' 'look thinner' 'not do strenuous exercise'.
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    The only way to gain weight, and look thinner, is to weight train like crazy!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Please refer to your other thread.
This discussion has been closed.