What We're Eating

Replies

• umbramirror
    umbramirror Posts: 256 Member
    Breakfast:
    Homemade pumpkin spice protein bar [before lifting]; Siggi's 0% yogurt with ON extreme milk chocolate protein powder, peanut butter, bananas, and paleo coconola [after lifting + HIIT]; triple cortado with soy milk + a little cane sugar

Lunch:
    Spinach leaves, cooked salmon, roasted brussel sprouts and carrots, beets, cauliflower with tahini, and half of a small sweet potato quinoa cake; pineapple mint kombucha

Afternoon snack:
    Rise protein bar (lemon cashew); coffee

Dinner:
    Cheesy chicken and cauliflower casserole with sauteed mushrooms

You superstar eater you--YES honey, the answer is YES to your lifestyle of eating and living=BOOM!

Me? You! You had a fabulous avocado day today. That smoothie sounds incredible. You have delicious meals every day. Well, then go us! :)
  • umbramirror
    Breakfast:
    Detour gluten-free oatmeal bar (cookie dough) [before running]; pumpkin protein pancakes (Self magazine recipe - oat flour only, w/ skyr, less maple syrup, add vanilla protein powder) [after running]; cold brew coffee

Lunch:
    Southwest chicken bowl (southwest mix quinoa, roasted vegetables, grilled chicken, sriracha, and cashew sour cream)

Afternoon snack:
    Paleo carrot apple muffin and a short double soy caffè mocha (Starbucks - no whip, 1 pump mocha)

Dinner:
    Cod and shrimp bake (Let the baking begin recipe adaptation - w/o panko parmesan crust) over steamed broccoli
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Breakfast: Off the Grid waffle, fresh blueberries, fried egg w/ salsa verde & coffee

Lunch: stuffed grape leaves (Konex, canned from Big Lots...FYI they are seriously similar to restaurant quality!) and a salad with tuna salad scoop on top (made with onion, chopped walnuts & Worcestershire sauce), 1/2 Gala apple

Dinner: vegetarian meatball sub with a little mozzarella, homemade sauce, and steamed broccoli & cauliflower florets on the side.
    Tonight I'll probably grab a Domino cookie at the mall since my husband's really limiting sugar right now & I don't wanna bake up a dozen or so and tempt him.
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Breakfast: fresh fruit (watermelon, pineapple and grapes) and a hard boiled egg
    Lunch: honey Sriracha chicken meatballs x3 and roasted broccoli
    Afternoon snack: mini pretzel twists and homemade dip
    Dinner: campfire chicken (chicken breasts and fingerling potatoes seasoned and put into a foil pouch and cooked on the grill) and cucumbers soaked in Italian dressing
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Breakfast: Hot oat bran cereal with sugar free apple pie filling on top. Cold brew coffee with splenda.

Lunch: Meatballs on an Aldi flatbread, sprinkled with some cumin for Mexican flavor. Black beans, corn, tomatoes, a little shredded Mexican cheese, and Bolthouse Salsa Ranch. I may pair with Quest Loaded Taco chips if I can find them!

Dinner: Mozzarella stuffed chicken with brussel sprouts

Snacks: Maybe another Quest bar since I can fit it in easily today. Ice cream or a Lil Buff Protein Cake later tonight.
  • BuddhaBunnyFTW
    BuddhaBunnyFTW Posts: 157 Member
    I just ate an orange bell pepper like an apple. 😂😂😂
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Overnight oats (oats, greek yog, protein powder, nectarine, alpro coconut milk)
    Smoked salmon bagel
    Roast chicken, roast potatoes, broccoli, carrots, gravy
  • lovebug106
    lovebug106 Posts: 9 Member
    So, is it me, or is anyone else reading these wondering how on earth they are losing weight? If I ate that much in one day I'd gain so fast. More power to you!
  • umbramirror
    lovebug106 wrote: »
    So, is it me, or is anyone else reading these wondering how on earth they are losing weight? If I ate that much in one day I'd gain so fast. More power to you!

Not everyone here is trying to lose weight. I, for one, am not. I'm in maintenance. For those that are trying to lose weight, it's all about CICO.
  • umbramirror
    Breakfast:
    Homemade pumpkin protein bar [before lifting]; mocha buckwheat protein pudding with blueberries and strawberries [after lifting and HIIT]; coffee

Lunch:
    1/2 of a whole wheat wrap with falafel, grilled chicken, lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, pickled red onions, and tahini; 1 scoop of vanilla gelato with dark chocolate and orange peel

Dinner:
    Egg white frittata with shrimp, spinach, zucchini, sundried tomatoes, feta, and mozzarella with a few Mary's Gone Crackers superseed (everything) crackers
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Breakfast:
    2 cups of milk oolong tea

Lunch:
    1 cup of garlic tea, 1 cup of dandelion root tea

Dinner:
    Tuna/egg salad (canned tuna with lots of boiled eggs, real mayo, lots of mustard, lots of TJ wasabi mayo, diced onions, green peppers, celery, scallions) on ritz crackers, hot potato chips, concord grape juice to drink

Dessert:
    a peach, bowl of Rainer Cherries, green and black olives
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME

Not everyone here is trying to lose weight. I, for one, am not. I'm in maintenance. For those that are trying to lose weight, it's all about CICO.

I <3 me some YOU, period.
  • seltzermint555
    edited August 2019

I agree. I've been eating pretty much the same for years, maintaining, and now eating at a tiny deficit to lose a few pounds mainly out of vanity.

When I say I eat pizza (for example) that could mean anything from big slices of traditional pizza from a restaurant to thin crust all homemade with mainly vegetables and herbs on top and measured 1 oz. of cheese on the entire pizza.

Like someone mentioned a couple months ago, they may eat relatively tiny portions of what is described here. Or the opposite...I mentioned someone didn't seem to eat much at all and they were talking about the huge portions they prefer, and have a lot of mini meals that are small or mostly things like tea and fruit. There are a lot of ways to eat!

Also, the larger/taller and younger you are, the more you can generally eat (by that I don't mean some great mysterious metabolism thing but am referring to one's calorie goal).
  • Lattesweet
    Lattesweet Posts: 236 Member
    Breakfast- sprouted toast w/ avocado & egg, almond milk iced latte

Snack - coffee, bowl of raspberries

Lunch - smoothie made w/ spinach, 1/2 banana, mango, Greek yogurt, hemp hearts & sunflower seeds, fresh motzarella cheese,

Dinner - 2 breakfast burritos, iced caramel coffee

Snack - dark chocolate peanut butter cup, yasso mint chocolate chip icecream bar
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME

I agree. I've been eating pretty much the same for years, maintaining, and now eating at a tiny deficit to lose a few pounds mainly out of vanity.

When I say I eat pizza (for example) that could mean anything from big slices of traditional pizza from a restaurant to thin crust all homemade with mainly vegetables and herbs on top and measured 1 oz. of cheese on the entire pizza.

Like someone mentioned a couple months ago, they may eat relatively tiny portions of what is described here. Or the opposite...I mentioned someone didn't seem to eat much at all and they were talking about the huge portions they prefer, and have a lot of mini meals that are small or mostly things like tea and fruit. There are a lot of ways to eat!

Also, the larger/taller and younger you are, the more you can generally eat (by that I don't mean some great mysterious metabolism thing but am referring to one's calorie goal).

Wonderful reply, agree 100%
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Breakfast:
    1 cup of coffee w/cream

Lunch:
    Leftovers from yesterday (Tuna/egg salad...I forgot to add the other ingredients, pickle relish & paprika), Ritz crackers, hot potato chips, concord grape juice (4 oz)

Dinner:
    large baby spinach salad (baby spinach, strawberries, bacon bits, hard boiled egg, red onions, mushrooms, avocado, cherry tomatoes, pecans, Marie's creamy Italian dressing), baked potato w/butter and sour cream, ice water to drink

Dessert and/or late night snack:
    black/green/kalamata olives, Pina colada fruit Popsicle
  • seltzermint555
    Breakfast: steel cut oats with blueberries, coffee

Lunch: 2 egg omelet with smoked turkey, peppers & onions, and 1/2 baked potato w/ salsa

Dinner: cauliflower alfredo pasta w/ lots of other veggies in the sauce, honeydew boba smoothie
  • umbramirror
    Breakfast:
    Bear Naked crunchy almond butter bar (chocolate chip banana) [early morning, before workout]; yogurt bowl (Siggi's 0% skyr, vanilla protein powder, peanut butter, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, hemp hearts, ground flaxseed, chia seeds, chopped fresh peach, and paleo coconola) [after workout]; nitro cold brew

Lunch:
    Albacore tuna salad, roasted red peppers, mixed bean salad, spanish eggplant, cucumbers, tomatoes, and pickled beets

Afternoon snack:
    Frozen coconut meat pureed with vegan protein powder topped with a small amount each of blueberries, strawberries, and cacao nibs

Dinner:
    Diced tuna and salmon sashimi, sugar snap peas, carrots, red onions, sesame seeds, bean sprouts, sliced radishes, wasabi, and pickled ginger; 1 small square of 88% dark chocolate
  • fitpal4242
    fitpal4242 Posts: 109 Member
    Breakfast- Daily Harvest Mint Cacao smoothie with almond milk, coffee with almond milk coffee mate, 2 Hershey’s kisses
    Lunch- bbq jackfruit, sweet potato, kale, rice bowl
    Dinner- 1 corn on the cob
    Snacks- 10 cherries, 15 raw almonds, slice of (homemade, no butter) whole wheat banana bread, magnum mini almond bar, 2 dark chocolate covered almonds

+ Exercise - 1 mile run + 45 minute HIIT class

Got my summary email stating which foods I eat the most often.. chocolate was on there!
  • Lattesweet
    Lattesweet Posts: 236 Member
    Breakfast - dark chocolate peanut butter perfect bar, iced almond milk latte

Lunch - chicken & egg burrito, iced coffee w/cream

Snack - blueberries, dark chocolate qunoia candies

Dinner - went out to Bareburger...had 2 margarita drinks, shared a large fries, I also had a burger and a 1/2..

Snack - chocolate chip mint yasso bar