Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Starting a new challenge on Monday with our Jeep group. Lost 16 last round and hope to keep myself on track and lose more on this round. Exercise seems to be the hardest part for me.

Nice. Do you do activities as a group, or is it an individual challenge where you just check in?

Some of us do some group exercise, but we don't all live in the same town, so mostly checking in. The accoutability it helps.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    katermari wrote: »
    i am a closet binge eater

I have to stop eating whatever I can grab as soon as I get home, before dinner. Old habits are working their way in and I need to lose them again.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    crosbylee wrote: »

I have to stop eating whatever I can grab as soon as I get home, before dinner. Old habits are working their way in and I need to lose them again.

That's tough for me, too. It's much easier if I have dinner in the crock pot or something.
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    I confess that I couldn’t do a standing quad stretch until I lost 25 pounds. It was definitely because I was too fat! I’m glad I can do it now, but I’m still working on putting my feet up over behind my head from a lying position (a yoga move I don’t know the name for). I’m working on it!
  • Momjogger
    I have to stop eating whatever I can grab as soon as I get home, before dinner. Old habits are working their way in and I need to lose them again.[/quote]

I have the same problem! I try to have celery, cucumbers, and carrots ready so I can snack while I’m cooking dinner. Having a bunch of pre-cooked chicken on hand and precut salad makes a big difference too. I also have a dozen boiled eggs in the fridge so I can eat the egg whites.

• quiksylver296
    Momjogger wrote: »
    I confess that I couldn’t do a standing quad stretch until I lost 25 pounds. It was definitely because I was too fat! I’m glad I can do it now, but I’m still working on putting my feet up over behind my head from a lying position (a yoga move I don’t know the name for). I’m working on it!

Plow?
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger wrote: »

Plow?

I had to look it up to check - yup, it’s the plow! Thanks!
  • eryn0x
    eryn0x Posts: 138 Member
    edited August 2019
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

Same here. There are certain foods I just can't enjoy at home. I only bring home the powdered peanut butter. I can give things peanut flavour but its not nearly delicious enough to binge on.

I can also relate to needing to destroy things.... usually the last few bites of an entire tub of ice cream. I know it's either down the sink or down my throat (usually down my throat though). I once rinsed a room-mates sorbet down the drain because she was away and it was too tempting.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    I cannot keep chocolate in my house. If it is there, I will devour.
  • positivelythiner
    positivelythiner Posts: 5 Member
    I would have to do the same thing when I made pound cake for an event. If any was left over I would put it in the garbage disposal because I would become George Castanza with his éclair if I put in trash. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOCGwm-hmd8
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    If a single item of food that I’m logging is over 100 calories I have a real struggle to actually go ahead and eat it. I’ll reduce the portion size to keep it under 100 usually. Something about the triple figure showing in my food diary freaks me out!
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    If a single item of food that I’m logging is over 100 calories I have a real struggle to actually go ahead and eat it. I’ll reduce the portion size to keep it under 100 usually. Something about the triple figure showing in my food diary freaks me out!

Maybe you could log it twice if it goes over the 100 cal mark? like 100 cals on one entry and 50 cals the next. I do hope you are getting enough to eat with everything being in 100 cal portions?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    pjshawley wrote: »
    I bought 16 of the 1/2 pint Chilly Cow Ice Creams to last me 3 weeks. I ate them all in 7 days. Another lesson of something I am just not ready to keep in the house. So I only buy 1 as a treat when I grocery shop.

That was me with the Twinkies ice cream when it fist came out.

Chilly Cow hates my stomach so I could only eat one pack at a time.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited August 2019

I am too to an extent. I do well for a week or two then fall off the rails. I'm not sure if some of my problem is from having ADHD (I was diagnosed as a child & then tried Ritalin, but didn't do well with coming off of it & haven't been medicated since) & with ADHD a lot of people have trouble with getting a lot of dopamine.

Even when I was 150 pounds I still had problems with binge eating & fell into a horrible binge/restrict pattern that lasted almost a year or more.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    I downed an entire bag of ritz bits (the "biggie bag" you see in convenience stores). And then followed it with a snickers. I am a bottomless pit today. That was a 500 calorie "snack". Hopefully that will take care of my hunger, and I can make it up at dinner time, lol. Maybe I didn't start my day with enough protien... Even though 2 eggs and a plum would normally do it. (If I dont start the day with a good hit of protien, I'm hungry all day.)
  • quiksylver296
    I want these...so much.

js1rs5pmj6ou.png
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    pjshawley wrote: »
    I bought 16 of the 1/2 pint Chilly Cow Ice Creams to last me 3 weeks. I ate them all in 7 days. Another lesson of something I am just not ready to keep in the house. So I only buy 1 as a treat when I grocery shop.

That was me with the Twinkies ice cream when it fist came out.

Chilly Cow hates my stomach so I could only eat one pack at a time.

:o
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    I downed an entire bag of ritz bits (the "biggie bag" you see in convenience stores). And then followed it with a snickers. I am a bottomless pit today. That was a 500 calorie "snack". Hopefully that will take care of my hunger, and I can make it up at dinner time, lol. Maybe I didn't start my day with enough protien... Even though 2 eggs and a plum would normally do it. (If I dont start the day with a good hit of protien, I'm hungry all day.)

Same