How do we perceive you?

Replies

• George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    Gustaaf85 wrote: »
    always willing to volunteer, although you might not have any clue about me, since i have rarely seen you on threads i post in

Correct, I only really see you in the Fun-n-games side, but.....

Over there you are hilarious, kind, and supportive without being creepy or too forward. In those threads, that is sayin something
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    @Vikka_V I think we all interpret questions based on our own perspective and perceptions of life. I also think most of us have had moments in which we regret things we’ve said.

I think you are a deep thinker and extremely self reflective. A valued trait in such a self absorbed society. You are sweet natured and very kind to others, but I find you can tend to be too hard on yourself. ❤️

Thank-you Lady
    I am "hard" on myself I think partly because I've had no guidance, my parents (divorced when I was 5) had much bigger "problems" than taking care of me and my brother...I try to be "hard' on myself, because I need the discipline I never had as a child...but I'm not doing a good job at it. Its hard to 'parent' yourself.

It seems stupid to say, but I need some guidance, some one to say "do this" (like go to bed now) simple, but for me thats huge.... I have no rational limits compared to others I don't think.

As a child I had no limits and parents with substance abuse problems. I know your not allowed to talk about drugs and stuff here (I got reprimanded for doing so) but its a thing...and as a kid with parents who had other "problems" besides my brother and I, I feel like I've had to "raise myself"...so it's taken a lot longer and I feel very immature still.
    Me too.

Same. I also value constructive criticism.

I don’t want the criticism. I just want a boss who knows me and wants the best for me and doesn’t mind when I occasionally tell them to go *kitten* themselves. 😄

😂 Well it definitely has to be two sided. Don’t want to take the fun out of it.
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    tinak33 wrote: »
    @Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings - Amazing mom, strong, resilient, been through hell and still coming out strong. Gorgeous, sweet, and has a big heart, with a beautiful singing voice that rivals Amy Lee. Totally gets me and sometimes I feel like we are sisters in spirit.

@slimgirljo15 - Kind, genuine, welcoming. Very supportive and honest. Funny and easy to talk to. Willing to show anyone her basement. Pretty sure she gives great hugs.

I haven't interacted with a lot of people on here.... but I lurk a lot.

@caco_ethes and @Vikka_V I love reading all your posts. They make me smile for different reasons.
    Also, I love Vikka's ramblings. I do the same!

@Behindblue_eyes - sweet, genuine, gorgeous eyes

@your_future_ex_wife - hilariously dirty mind, kind, welcoming, smoking hot booty

@George_of_the_Jungle - nipple rings. :p

I've never been more proud of me <3

• your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member

I’m sure there’s more to you than an interesting set of nips. 😁
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    @Reckoner68 (you are at the top of the page and I didn't have a hat around) Deep thinker. your soul has been tormented. Extremely intelligent in both academics and common sense. A ripe smart *kitten* too.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    edited August 2019

I’m sure there’s more to you than an interesting set of nips. 😁

100% truth. lol
    But I felt the nips needed a special shout out. :D
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Interesting thread.

Feel free...
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    I'll give this a shot - start with @1sphere since he kinda birthed the idea of this thread into @caco_ethes head

1sphere - seems to be laid back , a bit of an over thinker but I enjoy reading his insights on things as they are often vastly different than anything in my own head

caco_ethes funny as hell - always enjoy reading your quick witted post - we have a similar since of humor although my wit is not as rapid fire as yours

• Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    @slimgirljo15 - you are friendly and make everyone feel a little more comfortable being here

@JeromeBarry1 - you seem conservative and I find myself agreeing with most of your posts. I can see you becoming the little old man in the nursing home who simultaneously gets to know all the workers and always asks how the kids are doing while also swearing at the staff when they call you on doing stuff you aren’t supposed to be doing. You’d definitely be everyone’s favorite resident.

@caco_ethes - I love your threads. I definitely see you as a minimalist. And this is going to sound silly, but when you changed your profile picture I found myself wondering if you threw away another shirt to make room for the one in the new picture since the closet was getting a little too cluttered for you.
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    @Cowsfan1 You already know this, but we relate a lot. Good dad. Sports information source. Likes a good beer and by good I mean any you hand him that he doesn't pay for. Clever and quicker than you give yourself credit for. All around stand up dude. Glad to call you friend.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I'm strugglin, cause while I want to reciprocate, my perceptions of people are for some reason really intimate to me and it's tough to just throw them out there.

I mean, I could just skim the surface and throw some stuff out there, but that feels like lying somehow.

Sorry!
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member

@caco_ethes - I love your threads. I definitely see you as a minimalist. And this is going to sound silly, but when you changed your profile picture I found myself wondering if you threw away another shirt to make room for the one in the new picture since the closet was getting a little too cluttered for you.

Thank you! And i hate to say this but I’m really not feeling very minimalistic lately. I have more clothes than i ever have 🤦🏼‍♀️

It tends to go in cycles for me though. So to answer your musing.. nope, didn’t throw out a shirt and i in fact purchased about a dozen others to go with the new one
  • spade117
    TheBigFb wrote: »
    I use to wonder how people percieved me, now i dont care lol

Wondering and caring are two different things.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    spade117 wrote: »
    Interesting thread.

Feel free...

OK person I don’t know, I’ll give it a shot.

You are adventurous and up for a good game and lively conversation. You appreciate people who push back a bit. There is a dark side to you that few get to witness but it is there coloring all of your interactions nonetheless.

How’d I do?
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    @caco_ethes I'm still writing yours. So far I've only made 3 Star Wars references.... so far...
  • spade117
    spade117 wrote: »
    Interesting thread.

Feel free...

OK person I don’t know, I’ll give it a shot.

You are adventurous and up for a good game and lively conversation. You appreciate people who push back a bit. There is a dark side to you that few get to witness but it is there coloring all of your interactions nonetheless.

How’d I do?

I cannot say that any of that is incorrect.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    I know how I come across in real life to people when we first meet or become acquainted because down the road as we become closer, I usually get the same comments from anyone who's gotten to know me better...no idea how I come off on the interwebs...
  • Miss_Chievous_
    Miss_Chievous_ Posts: 279 Member
    edited August 2019
    @Cowsfan1 Very kind, good dad, great taste in music 😜 you have a way of making everyone feel welcomed around here and I admire that. Non judgmental.All around... you just seem like a very good person, I didn't need time to observe you to see that (not trying to be creepy 😂) I got a good vibe from you right away. Keep on being you dude 😘