New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• Glazed_and_Confused
    Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member
    New Enlightened keto collection. Bitter that there aren’t any new flavors... just keto versions of what they already had 🙃539b6orcskkh.jpeg
    cjqvh8x2n0z3.jpeg
    s8m235rtm5it.jpeg

OMG I hope I can find these!!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Kalex1975 wrote: »
    New Enlightened keto collection. Bitter that there aren’t any new flavors... just keto versions of what they already had 🙃

I looked at their nutrition information online and - yikes!

Definitely NOT low calorie...

The red velvet keto has 720 calories per a pint compared to 280 in the regular. Looks to be similar for the other flavors as well. My only interest in Enlightened, Halo Top, et al., is that they have low calories. Obviously these are not for me!

Yikes! I mean, there is definitely a market for keto ice cream... but a lot of people on keto were already having Enlightened... IDK, I feel like it was kind of a confusing use of resources.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    New Enlightened keto collection. Bitter that there aren’t any new flavors... just keto versions of what they already had 🙃

The red velvet keto has 720 calories per a pint compared to 280 in the regular. Looks to be similar for the other flavors as well. My only interest in Enlightened, Halo Top, et al., is that they have low calories. Obviously these are not for me!

Yikes! I mean, there is definitely a market for keto ice cream... but a lot of people on keto were already having Enlightened... IDK, I feel like it was kind of a confusing use of resources.

Even on keto (hypothetically) a person can't eat all the calories--it would take keto folks in very special situations to spend 720 calories on a single item, just sayin'...
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member

I was surprised by the calories too, Peanut Butter Fudge is 190 a serving and I never eat just 1 serving so I'll pass.
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member

Omggggg that calorie count is insane!
  • pancakerunner
    edited August 2019
    oocdc2 wrote: »

Even on keto (hypothetically) a person can't eat all the calories--it would take keto folks in very special situations to spend 720 calories on a single item, just sayin'...

I know, I don't think it's the intention to eat the entire pint.
  • pancakerunner
    Maxematics wrote: »
    In other light ice cream news...

p8ghxq4dalh4.jpg

I HAVE to try these. Yum.

I knew that the Enlightened Keto was going to be high calorie since they put 1G net carbs per serving as the focal point instead of the calories like their usual pints but 720 is just YIKES. I'm not sure what they were thinking and I feel like the people who eat it will most likely fall into one of three groups.

Group 1 will just have one serving at a time.
    Group 2 have high TDEEs and can actually eat it in one sitting.
    Group 3 erroneously assumes calories "don't matter" on keto, will eat copious amounts of this, not lose weight, and wonder why.

I feel like the Enlightened keto line will flop but people are surprising.

Haha I feel like Group 3 is the majority of people on keto :D (no shade) ... also 720 calories per pint is less than some competitors like Mammoth Creamery, which as 1,000. Or Killer Whey has bout ~700...
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    It's funny you guys brought up the Quest bars because I just had one today after almost a year without them. They were something I consumed regularly when I had more calories to play with, but I haven't been able to have them and eat the more low calorie Built Bar instead. I was craving a more substantial protein bar today, though (nothing wrong with Built. I love them but they don't fill me up and are more of a candy bar replacement for me), so I exercised a little extra today so I could treat myself to one. I saw Chocolate Hazelnut and decided to splurge on a box. They're not what I expected but they're not bad. I wanted more of a Nutella taste, but they're more chocolatey and nutty. Next time I'll do the Chocolate Donut. Any thoughts on those? I think my two favorite flavors from Quest are Maple Waffle and Apple Pie.

I thought the outside of the Chocolate Donut bar tasted like the coating on the Hostess Chocolate Donettes.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited August 2019
    Next time I'll do the Chocolate Donut. Any thoughts on those? I think my two favorite flavors from Quest are Maple Waffle and Apple Pie.

I like the chocolate donut flavor but feel their birthday cake is superior if you are going for one with a coating. My absolute favorite is still the blueberry muffin flavor. If you don't mind a little less protein their Hero bars are the tastiest IMO.
    It's funny you guys brought up the Quest bars because I just had one today after almost a year without them. They were something I consumed regularly when I had more calories to play with, but I haven't been able to have them and eat the more low calorie Built Bar instead. I was craving a more substantial protein bar today, though (nothing wrong with Built. I love them but they don't fill me up and are more of a candy bar replacement for me), so I exercised a little extra today so I could treat myself to one. I saw Chocolate Hazelnut and decided to splurge on a box. They're not what I expected but they're not bad. I wanted more of a Nutella taste, but they're more chocolatey and nutty. Next time I'll do the Chocolate Donut. Any thoughts on those? I think my two favorite flavors from Quest are Maple Waffle and Apple Pie.

Quest's Blueberry Muffin is pretty good. In my top 10 for sure. If you want more of a "nutella flavor" the Rocky Road is probably closer than chocolate hazelnut. I liked Apple Pie too, but they discontinued it... sadly. i also miss their Lemon Pie and Banana Nut!

I always thought their Lemon bar tasted like the Pledge furniture polish (not that I ever tried that haha).
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Wasn't sure which thread to post this in, and idk if this is "news" or not, but Halo Top discontinued a few flavors: Cinnamon Roll, Pancakes & Waffles and Mochi Green Tea.

Boo I liked Mochi Green Tea, but figured it was getting the axe since Walmart stopped carrying it.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    So an update on my Built Bar fiasco; I indeed got the right box, a Built BURNER mixed box, this morning! The texture and taste are exactly the same as regular Built bars. I tried the Piña Colada Built Burner bar and it tasted pretty good. I could smell it immediately upon opening the package and it was nice. I can't speak for the added ingredients yet. It claims it will reduce appetite but I'm ravenous from my run and deficit yesterday. As for burning more calories and increasing fat loss, meh. I didn't buy them for the claims because it's all about buzzwords; I bought them because they had different flavors from the regular bars.

I tried the Mango built bar a few days ago and that wasn't bad either. I have to give them credit in that the texture of the newer flavors seem to be a bit softer on the inside and not as chewy. I'm hoping that's not just due to the weather. Unlike many others who eat them, I don't think putting them in the fridge makes them better and the freezer just makes them inedible to me because they're so firm.

Would I get the mango flavor if it became permanent? No. As for the Burner bars, I'll decide once I try the other five flavors.

I'm glad you got at least a little something from them but I'm gonna need more bars and where are the burner bars hiding on the website? I don't see them.

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    So an update on my Built Bar fiasco; I indeed got the right box, a Built BURNER mixed box, this morning! The texture and taste are exactly the same as regular Built bars. I tried the Piña Colada Built Burner bar and it tasted pretty good. I could smell it immediately upon opening the package and it was nice. I can't speak for the added ingredients yet. It claims it will reduce appetite but I'm ravenous from my run and deficit yesterday. As for burning more calories and increasing fat loss, meh. I didn't buy them for the claims because it's all about buzzwords; I bought them because they had different flavors from the regular bars.

I tried the Mango built bar a few days ago and that wasn't bad either. I have to give them credit in that the texture of the newer flavors seem to be a bit softer on the inside and not as chewy. I'm hoping that's not just due to the weather. Unlike many others who eat them, I don't think putting them in the fridge makes them better and the freezer just makes them inedible to me because they're so firm.

Would I get the mango flavor if it became permanent? No. As for the Burner bars, I'll decide once I try the other five flavors.

I'm glad you got at least a little something from them but I'm gonna need more bars and where are the burner bars hiding on the website? I don't see them.

Wow they are gone ! They used to have a whole section for them.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    ...omg...is there any wonder why we're all so fat 🤣 lol!!!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited August 2019
    Anyone ever hear of these? I got asked to sample them. I chose the birthday cake but wondering if anyone had them and if another flavor is better.gaozy9077pvw.png