What Motivates You?

SgtMaC42
SgtMaC42 Posts: 16 Member
What motivates you to...get fit? Do better? Be successful? Be happy? ...anything at all, what does that voice inside tell you and why?

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Energy. Period.
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    For work, it is the paycheck.

For the gym, to constantly better myself and continually improve.
  • MsHappyAss77
    MsHappyAss77 Posts: 138 Member
    Winning. That comes in many forms. At work, as a leader, as a mom. I am motivated by being my best for those that depend on me.
  • kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    I am 51 and 3 years ago I weighed 35 lbs heavier....still have 10 to go but what motivates me is more energy plus clothes look better and I want to be in great shape! So hiking, stair climbing and kickboxing r my exercise go tos
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Every day it's something different. Today it was an old man I met at the gas station named Quetzalcoatl who told me that "the winds are talking". I didn't know what he meant by that until I was in the last mile of my run this evening, then it hit me deep.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    SgtMaC42 wrote: »
    What motivates you to...get fit? Do better? Be successful? Be happy? ...anything at all, what does that voice inside tell you and why?
    • Purpose & Fulfillment
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    In health the motivation is energy and vanity. I like not having to think about how I'm going to be able to mask the fat when I get dressed. I like not huffing and puffing just doing regular activities.
    In life the motivation is time. I've wasted enough not meeting my goals and it's a lesson learned.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    Fear.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Just me
  • SgtMaC42
    SgtMaC42 Posts: 16 Member
    For me its personal goals for improvement. Happiness comes from self first. The people I lead and mentor motivate me to run the extra mile, get that extra pullup, keep my 4.0. Never give in, push your mind and body to the limit. You never know what one person can accomplish until you've pushed yourself to failure. We learn from failure, success doesn't teach us as much. Motivate, own the day today, be the best version of you!
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    edited August 2019
    I think it's my own brain. I typically over-analyze everything, then at some point just close my eyes, jump in and GO!! Doesn't matter what it is. Big decisions. Small ones. Always been that way. I have a lot of shortcomings, but lack of motivation is not one of them. Highly motivated with a tendency to snarkiness. I would gladly give someone some of my motivation for some of their ..say... capacity to empathize...
  • JasonRVA
    JasonRVA Posts: 31 Member
    Great job @nighthawk584 . My motivation is the same, I wanted to get healthy when I started to get serious. When you get that type-2 diabetes diagnosis, it's rough. Many ups and downs in this journey myself, but I'm down to one med, and hope to be off that soon as well and get to say I beat diabetes.
  • michaelroode
    michaelroode Posts: 173 Member
    a nice complement every now and again
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    My entire reason for losing weight is to be more physically attractive. Something I've never been before.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,861 Member
    The dopamine and endorphins
  • TheChristianSimone
    TheChristianSimone Posts: 156 Member
    Being in overweight has limited me from jobs, high quality partners and just to actually feel respectable about self.