LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    I definitely will. Really hoping they help. Will just have to remember to take one or two before I eat. Shouldn't be too much of a problem if I can stick to OMAD though lol.

2nd day of egg fast went well!
    Had 2 morning coffees
    Then for lunch I had a 4 scrambled eggs in 1tbs of butter along with a little packet of jalapeno salsa from chick fil a and some fried cheese.
    Snack was more fried cheese
    Dinner was 4 egg egg drop soup. Broth was spices, chicken broth and splash of fish sauce.

Not entirely strict egg fast w/ the salsa but oh well. Close enough! lol
    I did weigh myself AFTER eating lunch and I had already dropped down to 184. I've been peeing like crazy today too so my body is definitely dumping the extra water right now.

One more day to go. Yeah... just doing a 3 day one bc I have a giant jar of kimchi that has been calling to me! I wants it... I wants it all!! But I'm going to try to wait until I have the digestive enzymes before digging in to it b/c kimchi w/ all the red pepper flakes in it definitely triggers my gut to evacuate anything in it lol. Not sure how quick it's supposed to work, but I'll be putting it to the test!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Your kids are just so beautiful & handsome <3<3<3 Glad to hear you guys had a wonderful vacation :)

OMG...that puppy <3<3<3

I have never had the digestive enzymes either...do keep us updates :)

Cheering you one on your weight loss plan... one day at a time, one step at a time :)
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    That is super great!!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    You're children are sooo cute!!! I tried an egg fast once and it made me so sick that I'm surprised that I still love eggs :D
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    That egg fast is sounding better and better to me! And talk about affordable :D

I'm SO intrigued to see what the weight diff is after your egg fast...I'm seriously considering doing this for funsies and to migrate my range down a tiche :)

I love kimchi toooooooo - I should pick some up, haven't had it in a LONG time. When do your enzymes arrive!?
  • LiLee2018
    I should be getting the enzymes today. Yay :)
    I really hope they help. Lots of reviews for the one I bought. Some of them are from people that it helped, others it didn't do anything for. FX that I'm one of the lucky ones.
    I'm pretty sure I have a sensitivity to eggs... or maybe the dairy too b/c my digestion has been... YEESH these last 2 days lol.
  • LiLee2018
    OOOOH and we have crab legs too. They were FINALLY on sale for a decent price and I convinced my hubs to get us 2 boxes of them. Oh yes.... they will be mine. Maybe can convince inlaws to take kids this weekend so we don't have to share them. Muahahahahahaha

About to go try to make egg/cream cheese pancakes. Hope it works. If not... well.. the trashcan will enjoy its lunch.
  • volgirl1322
    Where did you get the info on the egg fast. I am with @mistymeadows2005 it sounds interesting I might want to try it too just to confuse my body a bit LOL....
  • mistymeadows2005
    I'm excited to hear about these enzymes...also CRAB LEGS!?!? WHAT THE WHAT?! So jeal! They'd be like 20 bucks a pound here or something ridic LMAO
  • LiLee2018
    Here's a decent site that lists the "rules" and has some recipes to keep it from becoming boring.
    https://lowcarbyum.com/egg-fast-diet-plan-recipes-weight-loss/

I've been doing it my own way. If I'm not adding something like mayo for the fat, I don't worry about the 1tbs per egg rule and I eat when I eat. I don't go by any time rule for it.

The crab legs are just regular snow crab clusters and were on sale for 6.99lb. I haven't seen them that low in a LONG time. They're usually like 8.99 on sale which still doesn't happen often anymore. If we had the room, I would've wanted more! lol Man I love me some crab legs!

And egg & cream cheese pancakes were pretty good. Didn't cook the first one enough. Cooked it like I would've scrambled eggs. But let the other 2 brown more. I also added in a splash of vanilla extract and a little bit of monk fruit to the mixture then topped it off with some SF syrup. Pretty tasty!
  • mistymeadows2005
    NOM NOM NOM I could get down with that! I'mma go read this egg fast thing :)
  • LiLee2018
    End of my egg fast and feeling pretty good, but I think keto insomnia has kicked in b/c I had a hellava time getting to sleep last night and I'm not tired yet like I normally would be. Took my melatonin but waiting to see if it works. I had to take double the dose last night and still didn't get to sleep until midnight. I am too old for that mess. Or well.... my kids are too young and don't know the joy of sleeping in! lol

Will have to remember to ease back in to eating normal keto now. Lunch will still be eggs... with maybe a little bit of kimchi and then dinner... something. I dunno what. We have daughter's back to school meet the teachers! thing tomorrow night.
    UUUUGH I can't believe she starts school next week. Where the heck has this summer gone??

Anyway...
    Dinner tonight was 5 deviled eggs. Added in mayo, mustard, and this boars head chipotle mayo stuff that gave it a little kick and made it taste like bacon lol.
    I also got in my enzymes and took 2 before dinner, but I already had to use the bathroom so /shrugs
    I guess I'll see tomorrow if they do anything to help.
    Debating if I want to take it before coffee, but I think I should to see if it helps.
  • jadepearl
    Congrats on your egg fast :+1: Are you going to weigh yourself so that you know how much you have loss from your egg fast? Sounds like the enzymes are working. I tend to get constipation too and I always take Bekunis and its works well for me :)
  • volgirl1322
    Congrats on the fast. Yeah I am curious as to where you are after you finished it. Was it a three day or five day fast?

Keep up the good work :)
  • LiLee2018
    Alrighty yall.

Egg fast results from doing it 3 days...

I weighed in at 191 on the dot on Monday.
    This morning, I weighed in at 179.4

11.6lb loss.

Now that's not to say I wouldn't have lost just as much just going right back to a keto diet though. Maybe 2-3lbs of that is from doing the actual egg fast while the rest was just my body dropping the bloat as it would've done anyway. /shrugs
    But hey... I no more 190's weight so yay :)

Now to just keep up the weight loss while I transition in to a normal keto diet again!
    And I have the opposite of constipation so I'm really hoping the enzymes help with that.
  • volgirl1322
    <3<3<3 That is so super awesome!!!!!! I think I may be trying it next week just for funsies :)........

Way to go......I am hoping for 179 tomorrow :)!!!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited August 2019
    Yeah my weight loss was not what I wanted it to be this week so I think I'm going to too! I'll hit up the grocery store and stock up on eggs! You can get good ones for 69 cents a dozen sometimes here :) I'll STOCK UP!

NOW

I should get some cheese I like too right? I have cream cheese and butter, but I should get some hard cheeses right? For clarification, no veggies along the way right? Just curious - I'm so intrigued by this.

IN FACT - I'll officially commit for M-Th next week EGG FAST! I'mma commit to 4 days since I'm not coming off vaca or anything LOL - Donna, you wanna join me!?!?!?

Lisa, how many eggs a day did you average? I'm telling you I could go through 10 a day if I'm not stopped lmao
  • volgirl1322
    I am totally in, but will prob only do a three day fast bc I have a commitment on Thursday that eggs wouldn't fit into LOL....

Yeah ---curious as to can you have any veggies (like celery/lettuce) and how many did you eat a day ---was there a limit??

• mistymeadows2005
    I was thinking celery for egg salad/dippage LOL
  • jadepearl
    Woohoo....11.6 loss! Amazing results! :+1: I hope you are taking photos of your weight loss journey. I made the mistake... when I was at my highest, I shy away from photos. Now, I have nothing much to compare with :( At the rate you are going, in no time you will see 160 land :) Keep up the good work! <3