Starting over.. again (but more motivated this time).

Hi! I'm not really new to MFP, but it's been a long time since I've used it. I'm jumpstarting my weight loss journey again! I'm looking for friends, support, and encouragement.

I'm looking at an 80+lb weight loss, and decided to recommit to a healthier me when I turned 35 in june, because when I hit 35 I suddenly am hearing words like "pre diabetes", "sleep apnea", and I just had to buy wrinkle cream for the first time (yikes!) . Diabetes and heart disease run in my family and I'd like to break the cycle.

I have a personal trainer, and do try to work out 3 times a week, but I'm also a recovering binge/emotional eater and can always use the extra support. All my friends are "fit", so it would also be nice to be able to connect with people who are on the same journey, and maybe make new friends.

Replies

• peachezncreme
    peachezncreme Posts: 60 Member
    I’ll add you! I just recently decided to get bat at it again too! I’m looking to lose 40 lbs more yet and I need more friends as well :)
  • lori6599
    lori6599 Posts: 2 Member
    Ohiogal84, your journey sounds a lot like mine! I definitely would like to have friends to share it with. :smiley:

I'm not quite up to having capacity to do the personal trainer thing yet, but I'm interested in knowing how your experience with a trainer is going. I have a hard time motivating myself to do "organized" exercise.

• BuddhaBunnyFTW
    BuddhaBunnyFTW Posts: 157 Member
    I am in the process of losing weight myself and I'm making sure it is a positive and awakening experience for myself and others. :)
  • amryt56
    amryt56 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi All,

Always logged on and off on this app, but want to do it properly this time. I have my wedding in 7 weeks and have my first dress fitting on Sunday! Excited but absolutely petrified in case it doesn't fit or it fits like glove (which would be perfect if I felt perfect). I am looking to lose at least another 7-9lbs by the wedding and then we have a deferred honeymoon in Dec/Jan that I would be happy to try losing a total of 15lbs by. Also will be in time for my 35th Birthday. Not used support groups before, but want to give it a try. Best of luck everyone :smiley:
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Good luck with your journey!