Do you track fruits and veggies?

Hi, I’m on day 4 and I was wondering if you guys track the fruit and vegetables you eat? When I used to be on Weight Watchers most fruit and veggies were considered 0 points. I don’t eat more than 2-3 servings per day and I’m not sure if I need to track them.

Replies

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Yes, I do.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    An apple can easily be over 70 calories. Do you think those 70 calories don't count?
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    when you count calories, you count all your calories. fruit, veg, cake, milk, etc
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Yes, but I have to say I'm less worried about accuracy for calorie sparse items like lettuce...the calorie difference between 1 3/4 cups vs 2 cups is just not significant...unlike something like peanut butter where being off 1/4 cup is a huge amount of calories.
  • beckys19
    beckys19 Posts: 119 Member
    I log almost all fruits and veggies. The only exceptions are when I add a little lettuce, onion, peppers, etc as a topping to a burger, hot dog, or taco, (or lemon/lime juice) since I know that the amounts I add would be under 10 calories and not make or break my day either way. Maybe if I munch a small strawberry or a couple blueberries when preparing the boy's lunches too, lol...
  • Yep.... fruit calories add up quicker than you think. Lots of sugar. Veggies can be tricky too.... like I love steamed brussel sprouts, when I started logging them I surprised to see how many calories and carbs they have.... glad I looked it up. I'm not super strict with veggies like celery and lettuce since they are mostly water... Just depends on what it is I guess!
  • babyluthi
    babyluthi Posts: 284 Member
    If it passes my lips. it is tracked.
  • wahelga
    wahelga Posts: 304 Member
    I track everything. More than half my daily calories come from fruit and vegetables
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Yes I track everything.
    No matter what program that you follow, someone determined the calories, and advises you what you can, and cannot eat how much, and sometimes even when you eat.
    On MFP, we do this ourselves, and all foods and beverages, except water, have calories.
  • SarahAnne3958
    SarahAnne3958 Posts: 78 Member
    edited September 2019
    Back when I tracked calories I did weigh out, count and track vegetables and fruit. If your plan is calorie tracking based then you should be including everything you eat/drink.

WW does factor them in, they just do the numbers differently.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    I count every single calorie from one grape to one carrot. If I skipped counting fruits and veggies, that would end up being 1/2 my daily calories. If you want to be accurate and succeed, the answer is MOST DEFINITELY YES!
  • I did track them when I was losing but I guessed their weight rather than using a good scale. Maybe that’s silly, but it didn’t stop my progress. I dislike weighing food. I know weighing food makes sense for other people and they don’t have a problem with it. I’ve just decided to start losing a few vanity pounds. Im not weighing fruit and veg at the moment but I may have to if my weight loss stalls.
  • Yes. I track everything. I never tracked cooking oils before and now I track that as well. I'll be tracking water soon LOL. Legit though. Gotta stay hydrated.