Shakeology

Hi everyone,

Does anyone drink shakeology? Do you feel it is safe? Do you know of any alternatives that are cheaper but still healthy? Even probiotic supplements? I have so many problems with regularity and cravings, and when I did a sampler pack of shakeology it seemed to help, but it was soooooo pricey.

Replies

• LGetgen
    LGetgen Posts: 2 Member
    I have tried Shakeology and it's not for me. It made me feel bloated and I took it like instructed and gained weight. My gym uses BioTrust and Precision products and I love the BioTrust the most. Plus Shakeology is a pyramid scheme and the products are pushed on you by sales people just trying to make a buck off of you and most can't answer basic questions about the product.
  • tlpina82
    tlpina82 Posts: 229 Member
    Shakeology was acceptable in terms of taste, but it did a number on my stomach.

My favorite supplement is Spiru-tein (Chocolate). I do not like the other flavors.
    Aside from being complete protein, it is also fortified with vitamins and minerals.

GNC and Vitamin Shoppe sell it. Check both cause there's always a sale going.

https://www.amazon.com/Natures-Plus-Chocolate-SPIRU-TEIN-Shake/dp/B005P0UEGU

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    My wife drinks Shakeology every morning at work and loves it. She enjoys the taste (usually with almond milk and a banana), and she finds it sits better with her than other protein supplements. As far as "safe", I haven't heard any safety issues with it, and it's ingredients tend by generally get good reviews from non-beachbody reviewers. But yes, it is expensive, and there are other protein powder options out there that are a lot cheaper.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Just.. why..? Why? 😞
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    it's overpriced and nothing you can't do yourself

Amen!!!
  • elolson96
    elolson96 Posts: 1 Member
    I love Shakeology but it's soooo expensive. I'm trying Vega One. Just bought it today.
  • nuzziek
    nuzziek Posts: 69 Member
    I love Shakeology.. used them for years.. then I became vegan and for whatever reason decided not to buy the vegan version. (I might order it in the fall when I have less fresh produce options). I think they are delicious! If you're like me and buy a latte every morning, you can offset the cost by cutting out the daily latte purchase. My only issue with them is lack of transparency with the ingredient quantities.
  • Mrsrobinsoncl
    Mrsrobinsoncl Posts: 122 Member
    I like Vegaone also, Ive tried Shakeology and nothing made it worth the price they charge. I only do a protein shake in the morning for convenience. I can get it ready and drink it on the way to work.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    Hi everyone,

Does anyone drink shakeology? Do you feel it is safe? Do you know of any alternatives that are cheaper but still healthy? Even probiotic supplements? I have so many problems with regularity and cravings, and when I did a sampler pack of shakeology it seemed to help, but it was soooooo pricey.

I buy plain protein powder and add fat and fiber to make a balanced meal.

All MLM schemes are overpriced and overpromised.

https://www.lazymanandmoney.com/beachbody-shakeology-scam/