New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    Maxematics wrote: »
    So an update on my Built Bar fiasco; I indeed got the right box, a Built BURNER mixed box, this morning! The texture and taste are exactly the same as regular Built bars. I tried the Piña Colada Built Burner bar and it tasted pretty good. I could smell it immediately upon opening the package and it was nice. I can't speak for the added ingredients yet. It claims it will reduce appetite but I'm ravenous from my run and deficit yesterday. As for burning more calories and increasing fat loss, meh. I didn't buy them for the claims because it's all about buzzwords; I bought them because they had different flavors from the regular bars.

I tried the Mango built bar a few days ago and that wasn't bad either. I have to give them credit in that the texture of the newer flavors seem to be a bit softer on the inside and not as chewy. I'm hoping that's not just due to the weather. Unlike many others who eat them, I don't think putting them in the fridge makes them better and the freezer just makes them inedible to me because they're so firm.

Would I get the mango flavor if it became permanent? No. As for the Burner bars, I'll decide once I try the other five flavors.

I'm glad you got at least a little something from them but I'm gonna need more bars and where are the burner bars hiding on the website? I don't see them.

Wow they are gone ! They used to have a whole section for them.

I know! Maybe it was a secret link from the email? :)

• Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    edited August 2019
    So an update on my Built Bar fiasco; I indeed got the right box, a Built BURNER mixed box, this morning! The texture and taste are exactly the same as regular Built bars. I tried the Piña Colada Built Burner bar and it tasted pretty good. I could smell it immediately upon opening the package and it was nice. I can't speak for the added ingredients yet. It claims it will reduce appetite but I'm ravenous from my run and deficit yesterday. As for burning more calories and increasing fat loss, meh. I didn't buy them for the claims because it's all about buzzwords; I bought them because they had different flavors from the regular bars.

I tried the Mango built bar a few days ago and that wasn't bad either. I have to give them credit in that the texture of the newer flavors seem to be a bit softer on the inside and not as chewy. I'm hoping that's not just due to the weather. Unlike many others who eat them, I don't think putting them in the fridge makes them better and the freezer just makes them inedible to me because they're so firm.

Would I get the mango flavor if it became permanent? No. As for the Burner bars, I'll decide once I try the other five flavors.

I'm glad you got at least a little something from them but I'm gonna need more bars and where are the burner bars hiding on the website? I don't see them.

Oddly enough, this makes me more skeptical of them. Earlier today, I searched Built Burner because I had wanted to see something as I was eating my bar. I found this page: https://calc.builtbar.com/; it has a calorie calculator and links to a meal plan and workout ideas. I thought it was so weird, as I had never seen it before. I was also allowed to access this but when you click on the flavors it's an invalid URL. I don't recall them stating it would be around for just a limited time.

This makes me wonder if they tried to screw me over on purpose the first time by sending me a regular mixed box even though I ordered the burner ones knowing that they had a limited supply that couldn't keep up with demand. Maybe they temporarily removed them from the site until then. Also, I noticed any of their instagram photos relating to the burner bars have been deleted. I think that's kind of fishy. These bars don't expire until 2020, so maybe I'll hold off on trying the rest until I find out what's actually going on. Even though customer service did right by me with this screw up unlike their first screw up, I'm about to hop off the fence onto the "no more Built bars for me" camp.

***EDIT***: Apparently from what I can gather on Instagram, people got offended by the marketing of the burner bars for using terms like "weight loss" and "fat burner" (think HAES people) so they have decided to discontinue them.
  • Sallyw2004
    Sallyw2004 Posts: 124 Member
    ug00k7q4ox65.jpeg
    Finally tried this today and I really liked it. It has a vanilla cake/ frosting sort of taste if I think hard enough about it. I ordered a 12 pack from Vitamin Shoppe because I got a pretty good deal, free shipping, and I get impatient waiting for the new flavors that I’m interested in. I did the same with the loaded taco quest chips not long ago! I’d definitely buy this flavor again.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member

Oddly enough, this makes me more skeptical of them. Earlier today, I searched Built Burner because I had wanted to see something as I was eating my bar. I found this page: https://calc.builtbar.com/; it has a calorie calculator and links to a meal plan and workout ideas. I thought it was so weird, as I had never seen it before. I was also allowed to access this but when you click on the flavors it's an invalid URL. I don't recall them stating it would be around for just a limited time.

This makes me wonder if they tried to screw me over on purpose the first time by sending me a regular mixed box even though I ordered the burner ones knowing that they had a limited supply that couldn't keep up with demand. Maybe they temporarily removed them from the site until then. Also, I noticed any of their instagram photos relating to the burner bars have been deleted. I think that's kind of fishy. These bars don't expire until 2020, so maybe I'll hold off on trying the rest until I find out what's actually going on. Even though customer service did right by me with this screw up unlike their first screw up, I'm about to hop off the fence onto the "no more Built bars for me" camp.

***EDIT***: Apparently from what I can gather on Instagram, people got offended by the marketing of the burner bars for using terms like "weight loss" and "fat burner" (think HAES people) so they have decided to discontinue them.

To those offended by terms like "weight loss": Wow. People never fail to disappoint me. I've never tried Built Bars, but I've tried tons of protein bars, and they are helpful for satisfying a craving without going over budget.
    To those offended by terms like "fat burner": That's fair enough.

I wonder wonder if it's an actual discontinuation or if they're going to redesign the bars and sell them again when the heat dies down.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    neldabg wrote: »

To those offended by terms like "weight loss": Wow. People never fail to disappoint me. I've never tried Built Bars, but I've tried tons of protein bars, and they are helpful for satisfying a craving without going over budget.
    To those offended by terms like "fat burner": That's fair enough.

I wonder wonder if it's an actual discontinuation or if they're going to redesign the bars and sell them again when the heat dies down.

Yeah, a redesign was my first thought too. No one's going to spend all that time and money on a new product and then dump that easily. New coke aside because it really sucked.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member

I do not like this company. At all.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    edited August 2019
    ncjhhh66rpxm.jpeg
    b7ba65m8dszp.jpeg

The new keto collection actually looks pretty good. Wouldn’t eat the entire pint, but would totally have a serving of this! ** not my pics**
  • ncgirl8
    ncgirl8 Posts: 82 Member
    apullum wrote: »
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Kalex1975 wrote: »
    New Enlightened keto collection. Bitter that there aren’t any new flavors... just keto versions of what they already had 🙃

I looked at their nutrition information online and - yikes!

Definitely NOT low calorie...

The red velvet keto has 720 calories per a pint compared to 280 in the regular. Looks to be similar for the other flavors as well. My only interest in Enlightened, Halo Top, et al., is that they have low calories. Obviously these are not for me!

I was surprised by the calories too, Peanut Butter Fudge is 190 a serving and I never eat just 1 serving so I'll pass.

I can only hope that stores stock these *in addition* to the low calorie flavors, and don't *replace* other Enlightened flavors with them.

I emailed to ask, I noticed the Red Velvet and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip have both disappeared from the lower-calorie page (and seem to be Keto flavors). I think it means Enlightened and I may be done, I can't get the other lower-calorie flavors in my area....
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    ncgirl8 wrote: »
    apullum wrote: »
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Kalex1975 wrote: »
    New Enlightened keto collection. Bitter that there aren’t any new flavors... just keto versions of what they already had 🙃

I looked at their nutrition information online and - yikes!

Definitely NOT low calorie...

The red velvet keto has 720 calories per a pint compared to 280 in the regular. Looks to be similar for the other flavors as well. My only interest in Enlightened, Halo Top, et al., is that they have low calories. Obviously these are not for me!

I was surprised by the calories too, Peanut Butter Fudge is 190 a serving and I never eat just 1 serving so I'll pass.

I can only hope that stores stock these *in addition* to the low calorie flavors, and don't *replace* other Enlightened flavors with them.

I emailed to ask, I noticed the Red Velvet and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip have both disappeared from the lower-calorie page (and seem to be Keto flavors). I think it means Enlightened and I may be done, I can't get the other lower-calorie flavors in my area....

I didn’t care much for those flavors, but I’m sorry for your loss :(
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited August 2019
    Wasn't sure which thread to post this in, and idk if this is "news" or not, but Halo Top discontinued a few flavors: Cinnamon Roll, Pancakes & Waffles and Mochi Green Tea.

WHAT. That explains why I haven’t been able to find the green tea mochi anywhere!!!! D: I can see the other flavors as I always found them too heavy on the stevia, but green tea mochi was one of my faves :’( I think the flavor name is what made it not profitable; it tasted like a Key Lime with mochi pieces. I hate green tea and bought it for the sake of trying every HT flavor but would’ve never bought it normally, so I was happy it didn’t taste like tea. But for those who do want green tea and get it would definitely be disappointed as it doesn’t deliver that flavor whatsoever. It’s a shame they didn’t sell it as something else, I would love to see them come out with more mochi flavors! In Mexico taro is EVERYWHERE which I wasn’t expecting, so I’ve been loading up on taro smoothies, bubble teas, and “ice cream”**... a taro mochi ice cream would be incredible.

I even went to Krispy Kreme down here (I don’t have any near me in Maryland so I was ecstatic to find it two places so far in Mexico) and unfortunately they didn’t have the reese’s stuffed donuts I was hoping for, but even they had taro blended drinks!!! o:
    2tulmnzukta4.jpeg
    fenwp9pvgd4z.jpeg

***Y’all are killing me with the ice cream though! It turns out Mexico doesn’t have good, creamy ice cream whatsoever, it’s mostly icy like sherbet :’(
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited August 2019
    The chocolate raspberry was really good! I love the combination of chocolate and raspberry.

The chocolate coconut also very good. It reminded me of a mounds candy bar. (but with higher chocolate:filling ratio. Really good. These were a LOT better than I expected.

ehtj00ptbfcm.jpg

u3wc6n7kuj23.jpg
    sto2pacv0sny.png

I am excited to try the other flavors. The two I had so far were the vegan ones.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member

I do not like this company. At all.

I really like this product. I’ve ordered several times and had no issues. I received my orders within a few days of ordering in great condition. I received the email announcing the burner Bars, checked it out, but the flavors did not appeal to me. I know there’s been a lot of positive reviews. Does anyone know if there are reviews about the new bars on their site? I’ll have to check it out, although I would guess they’d pull them.
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 576 Member
    6mel74eb2r17.jpg
    yrdxzrqchlpo.jpg

I found this Liebe brand Bulgarian style quark the other day and picked up the lemon crush and raspberry rapture flavors to try. I'm liking them. The texture is very thick and creamy, similar to how Fage greek yogurt is. In terms of taste, it's sweet with no tartness, so it reminds me of Yoplait's YQ line of yogurts.

gc8k9rufap6e.jpg
    Icelandic Provisions also has a new whole milk skyr line, which I might try sometime, but the containers are pretty small for 160 calories each.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    6mel74eb2r17.jpg
    yrdxzrqchlpo.jpg

I found this Liebe brand Bulgarian style quark the other day and picked up the lemon crush and raspberry rapture flavors to try. I'm liking them. The texture is very thick and creamy, similar to how Fage greek yogurt is. In terms of taste, it's sweet with no tartness, so it reminds me of Yoplait's YQ line of yogurts.

gc8k9rufap6e.jpg
    Icelandic Provisions also has a new whole milk skyr line, which I might try sometime, but the containers are pretty small for 160 calories each.

I saw Liebe at Stop and Shop last month and picked up the Plain Passion and Vanilla Devotion flavors; I thought both were excellent. I also like Fage and YQ so I think you're spot on in your comparisons. I'm also a fan of the Icelandic Provisions Skyr, so I'll be looking out for this. I was about to say that the calorie count doesn't seem too bad but then I saw it's 4.4 ounces and not 5.3 ounces like their usual. That's slightly disappointing but I'll still try it at least once.
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 576 Member
    6mel74eb2r17.jpg
    yrdxzrqchlpo.jpg

gc8k9rufap6e.jpg

I saw Liebe at Stop and Shop last month and picked up the Plain Passion and Vanilla Devotion flavors; I thought both were excellent. I also like Fage and YQ so I think you're spot on in your comparisons. I'm also a fan of the Icelandic Provisions Skyr, so I'll be looking out for this. I was about to say that the calorie count doesn't seem too bad but then I saw it's 4.4 ounces and not 5.3 ounces like their usual. That's slightly disappointing but I'll still try it at least once.

Yeah, I'll probably try it once too to see how it is, but will likely stick with the regular version and get more for less (both calories and price-wise)!
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    Where do you all buy Enlightened?
    I don't care for the texture/ dry mouth I get from eating it, and I heard Enlightened is good, but I can't find it.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    I've seen this product for YEARS and never tried it. Feeling adventurous, I purchased some yesterday and tried it this morning and let me tell you...THIS IS SOME GOOD COFFEE, I really love it!

912aZaJvL5L._SY355_.jpg

Really? I found it to be mediocre at best.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    I've seen this product for YEARS and never tried it. Feeling adventurous, I purchased some yesterday and tried it this morning and let me tell you...THIS IS SOME GOOD COFFEE, I really love it!

912aZaJvL5L._SY355_.jpg

Really? I found it to be mediocre at best.

{{{{{{{{{ <3 HUGS <3 }}}}}}}}}}}}}} Thanks for sharing and making me laugh and smile from ear to ear :smiley:
    You're the BEST!