NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @TeresaW1020 That's great that the skin cancer was taken out with hardly any pain. I already bought some pricey new shoes from a specialty shoe store, it didn't help much. :( But I did buy some new slippers which are better than walking around barefoot. I'm sure that the ladies will notice your weight loss, 60 lbs is a LOT! Congrats!!!

@cbabie That's good that you are at a normal stage but I'm sorry that the pain continues. Thanks, I'm hoping it goes away soon.

Hi all. I picked up the sleep medication last night and I still woke up throughout the night although not as often.

EMPOWERED.
    August goals: track 4 out of 7 days, drink 50 oz of liquids a day, lose 1 lb
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    @renaegry I grew up in the country, I really miss it. We were in a very rural area, and the closest town was maybe 10 km away and the population there was about 600. I left for a lot of reasons, but work brought me to Toronto. Though my extended family is here too.

@TrishasTime yeah rowers are tough work. I’ve used them occasionally, never a lot.

@trooworld yes the drilling is noisy and awful lol. It is also a pain bc it comes and goes and so I can’t predict when it will be bad. Yesterday I had a call with a client and I thought it would be okay but right as it was time they started drilling right outside my window. They’re drilling through concrete so it’s pretty loud. So I had to go sit in the stairwell which also wasn;t ideal. Not a good way to make a good impression on a new client, but it was a short call fortunately.

In terms of exercise- can you go for a little walk at lunch at work? Or sometimes I just take a break and go around the block. When I had a team and an office my team (not me lol) would set a meeting time and go up the stairs once for 15 mins.

@TeresaW1020 I’m glad things are okay for your husband. Yeah the drilling- as noted above it’s awful. I was worried about the cats but I’ve think they’ve gotten used to it. And congratulations on a huge loss! 60lbs is incredible. Slow and steady wins the race! I know it’s a cliché but it’s true.

@cbabie sorry you’re still struggling with pain. That can really wear someone down. Do they say how long it will take to get better?

So I’m not feeling 100%. In the late summer/fall I get allergies and it really wipes me out. I started taking the pills and thought it would be better by today but not really. So my energy is very low. I tried to go for a run yesterday and crapped out not even halfway through. Just couldn’t do it. I’m not sure whether to try again or not. I need to get out of my apartment I think bc the noise is too bad. I may go to the library.

I wanted to write about some successes- I have been on or under cals last week and so far this week. My weight seems down about 1.5 lbs but I don’t trust it yet bc it fluctuates but even so the number on the scale was the lowest I’ve seen in like 15 yrs lol. So even fluctuating I’ve broken past my norm.

One of my goals about drinking- bc I was having drinks a couple nights a week, one of my goals was only one night a week. So I accomplished that so far this week. (My week runs Sun – Sat so almost done).

Last night I wanted to make a giant ice cream sundae so badly and I almost did but I just got a little ice cream at the store instead, which was less calories and so I’m still under.

It’s just been the last two weeks I’ve really challenged myself but it’s been hard to resist temptation. I’m trying to really notice it to help keep my motivation up to keep going.

Take care all.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @joannadavison I have premium and I use it because I have three different calorie counts for the week. I always eat more on Thursdays and Saturdays because of social reasons so I allow for that while pulling back on other days of the weeks. Plus I like it because I can see which foods I'm eating that are highest to lowest in macros. I really just look at the carbs. Oh I also used the setting a calorie goal by meal. I tend to eat higher breakfasts. It really depends on what you think will help you the most to lose weight.

@teresaw1020 Woohoo! on the house offer. I bet that's a big relief off your shoulders. Hope your hubby heals quickly.

@trishastime I'm quite pleased I managed dh's time off and stayed OP 100% The only flub I had was yesterday I didn't do my yoga. But two weeks down.
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited August 2019
    @trooworld I saw on TV the other day an ad for a plantar fasciitis support. It was a lot like the kind I wear when I my 'golfers elbow' flares up. (I do not golf, lol) It works though. I need to go see a podiatrist about my foot. I have Vulcan toes and now the top of my foot hurts. I'll look up some home remedy stuff. Same stuff as you probably, stretches, ice, etc. So when the doc gives you the green light to exercise, you still have about 85 min to find the time. That's your 2 hours minus the time to prepare dinner and eat. As the weather gets cooler even a nice 20-30 min walk with you and your hubby just talking about the day before you eat. Will he go? Maybe not but you could still go. This past two weeks I'm learning to put myself before seeing to the needs of my hubby. Otherwise I might end up disabled or dead before him and who will look out for him then? I know after a long drive you just want to plop yourself on the couch. I get it. I don't go out much and I still want to just sit. But it's just not good for our health. I've been having sleep problems this week. Night sweats and legs aching. Now my joints are all hurting. Could be menopausal stuff who knows. Could be carb cycling. lol Could be getting older.

@its_cleo Weight lifting:water retention I have read about it before but I think it's just when one is starting out after not having done it for a while. I know that in the back of my head but I also know that I will use that as an excuse of why I haven't lost weight. lol You've been doing weights for awhile which is probably why you don't think about it. You've been doing great staying OP despite the fact that you have had some things that have bothered you this week. I really like reading about your successes. Most of us tend to concentrate on what we did wrong. Woohoo on the ice cream tweak. That's making it fit your plan.

@renaegry I didn't realize arches could fall more than once. I used to have an extremely high arch but the older I get the more I have Donald Duck feet. That sounds painful on the chiro snapping your arches back into place. Ow! Did you have a nice walk or jog?

@cmedwards52 Welcome back! Sorry about the IBS. My dh and son both deal with that. My son since 8th grade poor thing. I'm a worrier too. I just read something that said make four columns. In the first column make a list of everything that you are worried about right now. In the second column put C/SC/NC (control, some control, no control) over each situation. In the third column how does worrying benefit you. Does it help you anyway or is it pointless. In the last column, write what action you could do to ease the situation. When I did this, I found that out of 8 items I wrote down, 5 of them I had absolutely no control over these. 3 I had some control. I couldn't control others actions but my own reactions to this. Stressing makes me eat which keeps me fat. I kept having to write No Benefit. it only hurts me. So back to you, try this and see how you might be able to at least reduce some of your stress which might reduce some of your pain. Do certain foods give you problems? I've been keeping notes in the MFP food diary on certain foods that I have a problem with. Losing my gallbladder has given me some digestive problems and lately I've been having swallowing problems. So I'm recording these too to see if there's some kind of pattern.

@trishastime Thanks for the comment on positivity. My family thinks I'm a very negative person and in some cases they would be correct. Maybe I just am negative around them. Food for thought. Maybe it's payback. >:) They seem to be their best selves around me. NOT. I absolutely hate the rower. I would be the cockswain on a rowing team. I'm good at barking out orders and motivating people.

@teresaw1020 Woohoo on your 60 lbs loss. That is excellent. I hear you on the keto. Which is why I won't do it as I'm a social butterfly. So far so good on the carb cycling. Of course only 2 weeks in. But it was a good 2 weeks.

@cbabie you do have lots of similarities with @teresaw1020. Maybe she's our sister from another mister. lol You and she could Marco Polo sometime. I love that app because I can view it and respond at my leisure versus real-time.

@gemwolf110 I like that beachy/nautical look. I used to have my kitchen like that. I love lighthouses.

Another good day for me yesterday. Although I need to start doing my exercise earlier in the day. Once I get the food under control for the most part I will start to work on that. Yesterday was the first day I didn't do the scheduled exercise which was yoga. But I still lost 1.4 lbs since my last weigh in. Today is day 80 in my book. Heading towards the homestretch.

16946213.png
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    @trooworld thanks for the link. I have had a quick look at premium. I think what I'm currently doing is ok on the freebie. Hugs over the PF- that's not nice to deal with.

@its_cleo hope you get the money from clients! Balcony noise- you totally have my sympathy- we have major roadworks nearby & I'm sick of waking up to the dull thud. At least it's in the distance here.
    I'm impressed with your willpower over ice cream i have totally blown it today!

@renaegry when do your kids go back to school? We have just over 2 weeks left in UK.

@TeresaW1020 great news on the house sale.

@cmedwards52 -hi there. My DH was prescribed Mobeveran for IBS - no idea if that is useful to you.

@cbabie keep going with therapy. It's hard & painful but you'll get there in the end. Frustrating when you are going through it.

• JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    @theslightedgeforever thanks for comments on varying the calories between free & premium.

I accidentally posted before I finished typing!

Totally blown my WW week. I am going to have to pull right back. Only got 1 weekly left- day 3!! Not good. I normally have 20ish & then not always loose. Middle of school holidays & I'm a bit off track! Calories seem to be OK but I need to focus on eating healthy again- been enjoying "time out" with my girls & my cousin but not good for my flab!!

I was just wondering where everyone was based. I've noticed a few mentioned it.
  • theslightedgeforever
    3beiitsdfjqg.jpg
  • cyaneverfat
    cyaneverfat Posts: 527 Member
    Ugh tried to follow Weight Watchers for a week, but it's so restrictive. what the hell was I thinking in signing up for a whole year? to get a free garmin pedometer, when I already have a fitbit? (which hilariously, is too small for my wrist) or to pay the lower membership fee than if you only buy 3 months at a time? Any time I have treats or I eat carbs, I eat way more points than I was hoping for, I had a bag of chocolates the other week, and instead of being like half my days points, they were three days of points! I don't think Weight Watchers works for everyone or even most people, calorie counting is so much more forgiving! Plus, sometimes I burn 2000 calories a day with walking and biking, and Weight Watchers says no to eating those points. Can't win. When I followed the Weight Watchers plan, I only lost 400g, and I'm still at the beginning of my journey. I keep going between should I do WW or MFP? I like how with Weight Watchers, I don't have to weigh zero point foods and I don't have to track every single thing I put in my mouth. But that's about it. I thought I would enjoy meetings, but they seem too simple for me, they don't talk about the realities of being fat or losing weight, and they seem to rotate the same 12 topics, which makes me wonder if it's worth going year after year.

I think I will eventually go back to counting calories and fasting, and try to do a realistic amount of exercise. I can't burn off 2000 calories every day, it's too brutal on my body.
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    GM everyone

@trooworld - I hope you find something to ease the pain :) I am glad the sleep medication is giving you some relief

@cbabie - I am sorry to hear that you still have alot of pain. I am glad though your wrist healing is progressing normally. It would be good to see you more days after all you started this group :)

@teresaw1020 - Congratulations on the loss and I am sure that they will notice :)

@its_cleo _ Do you know how long they are drilling for and when they finish work each day. Perhaps you could start later and make the calls to the clients when the have knocked off for the day. At least you tried to run yesterday rather than not try at all.. Congrats on the drinking goal

@theslightedgeforever - Magnesium is great for leg aches. Glad you are going well on the carb cycling.

Hello to @renaegry, @joannadavison , @cyaneverfat

The funeral was yesterday, the service itself was a joyous occasion. lots of jokes, funny stories and humor. The service lasted over 1.5 hours which then made the burial time fall way behind (most of us laughed as this part of the family is never on time for anything) . Today is my 30th wedding anniversary and we are going out for lunch

Back to life as we know it
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Hi Guys,

Sorry I didn't get on here earlier. Therapy first thing this morning...ugh!! They used the little shock treatment for my pain at the end. Funny thing is my dad gave me one of those years ago...never used. I thinking I am going to start. LOL I am actually typing this with two hands. It hurts a little, but gotta use the hand!!

I have to run to worship practice. I will do personals tomorrow.

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Good morning! :)

@cbabie, I would be delighted to talk with you anytime! We do have a lot of similarities and I bet we have even more than we realize. <3

@gemwolf110, I love that beachy/nautical look! TJ Maxx would be a great place for accessories. :)

@trooworld, sorry the medication didn’t give you a full night’s sleep. I rarely have a full night’s sleep and I take melatonin and a sleeping aid. I never had this problem until menopause. :/

@its_cleo, Yayyyy to the weight loss! :) I hear you about those dang fluctuations but breaking your norm is awesome!! I think the more we say no to temptation the easier it becomes but once we start down that road of giving into it then we undo all the hard work. I know, I’ve been slipping lately and need to pull it together!

@theslightedgeforever, congrats on your weight loss! I need to get back to working out. I haven’t been on my treadmill since we decided to sell the house. I might get on it today and walk. If nothing else, it will give me a chance to catch up on General Hospital. :D LOVE that graphic and I put it on my desktop. “I shape me” how true is that!! B)

@joannadavison, You have been busy with the holidays and doing so much stuff. You will get back on track. I live in Athens, Georgia which is in the south. Right now it’s brutally hot but fall is coming and that is when I truly love it here.

@cyaneverfat, WW might not be right for you. I totally agree that they talk about the same topics over and over and they can be very simplistic. Right now I’m eating Keto and doing intermittent fasting. I find it fun to track just to see how far over my points I go in a day. :D I continue with WW for the scale accountability. Plus, I just heard that they are going to switch up the program next year and I want to stick around and see what they come up with. Maybe they will allow me to eat as much fat as I’m doing now. :D

Ugggghhh you all yesterday was so stressful!! The couple that we had accepted the offer to buy our house backed out! :s Thankfully, the lady who also wanted the house was still waiting in the wings and we signed the buyer's agreement with her last evening. I just want to pack and STOP cleaning!!! :#
  • trooworld
    @its_cleo I grew up in the country as well. I do miss it sometimes. Oh man, that's terrible about the call with your client! I can't go for a walk, the podiatrist doesn't want me walking. Congrats on cutting down on drinking! And WTG on going for the small ice cream.

@theslightedgeforever Yeah, I bought a night splint it's probably like the one you are talking about. It's uncomfortable because my calves are so big, it pinches the back of them because it's made for someone with smaller calves. I don't know if I will wear it because of the pinching. Okay, what are Vulcan toes??? I tried to look it up but didn't find much. He will not go with me. We both are really tired when we get home (which is also part of the problem) and he will not go. I'm sorry you are having sleep problems, too. I love that quote.

@joannadavison Thanks! No, it's not. :( I think you know where I'm based, but in case you forgot, I'm in San Diego, CA, US.

@cyaneverfat Welcome! It's nice to "meet" you. Yeah, WW offers all sorts of freebies to get you in lol.

@TrishasTime Thanks me too! It's debatable whether the sleep medication is helping, we'll see. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

@cbabie That's great you are using two hands to type now. Woo hoo!

@TeresaW1020 Yeah, I totally think it's menopause because I didn't have this problem until menopause either. :( Oh man, that sounds so stressful! I'm glad the other buyer was there to take it.

Hello gals. Today I have the day off. We are celebrating our wedding anniversary which was Tuesday (14 years). We are going to brunch and then tonight we are going to an outdoor theatre to see the musical, West Side Story. Should be fun.

EMPOWERED.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all.. I’ve been doing pretty well resuming habits. Kept my food under or close most days & trying to keep up with my walking..at least 10,000 steps/day. I need to start some kind of strength training, tho. Today (& then Mon-Thurs next week) we are having the gkids here during the day (their Mom teaches, so started back today)..they start back next Fri. They are 9 & 12...so can keep themselves busy, lol. Hope we can go fishing a day or 2..we all enjoy that, except maybe dh...he gets stuck baiting the hooks & removing caught fish, lol.

@its_cleo ..congrats on sticking to your calorie limit & passing up the ice cream

@cmedwards52 ..I have had IBS-D for a long time.Maybe partially due to no gallbladder also. I think stress plays a part..I think it has gotten better since retiring. My job shouldn’t have been that stressful, but I am a worrier, too. Also I take Imodium as precaution at times when might not be near a bathroom. (Kinda just for peace of mind)

@joannadavison ..I am in Iowa, USA. It is hard to stick to a routine when you have visitors.

@theslightedgeforever ..congrats on sticking with your plan & the good weigh in. I am curious about your carb cycling..at times I have thought about calorie cycling..but the low days turn into high days, too. Utter failure! I like the “poster”, need to print it out.

@cyaneverfat ..I have done WW, but usually stopped when the meetings close to me (within 20miles) stopped. I actually made Lifetime one of the times, but never could stick with it that well after that.

@TrishasTime ..Happy Anniversary!

@cbabie...glad you are starting to be able to do more with your hand..sorry it still hurts so much tho!

@TeresaW1020 ..Congrats..60# lost is awesome! Glad the other buyer was still waiting. We kinda had that when we bought this one...someone else wanted it, too, & kept asking if we were sure about buying it. Yup, we were, lol. I think you will get more with your plan when all the stress of moving settles down. I think I was to Athens once when my dd lived in Alpharetta.

@trooworld ..Happy Anniversary! Too bad about your splint not fitting right..dh has one for his foot & caused too much pain that he doesn’t wear it. I think one thing that helps my feet is to always wear shoes (mostly sneakers..I have a pair that I only wear in our house..& then my “outside” ones.) I really notice a difference when we go to dd’s & don’t wear the “inside” ones when we are there. Those flip flops looked awesome, tho, but I have never been a flip flop fan, lol.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. We are hoping to go to the State Fair..it ends on Sunday!
  • TrishasTime
    GM everyone

I mis-typed yesterday - I said 30 but it 39 :0. Thanks for the well wishes. I watched a youtube yesterday and it said that those women who are "pre and menopausal should consider carb cycling. Today we planted a rose garden ( standards). I chose the ones that were grafted on 100cm stalk, very fragrant, so looking forward to see the plants\

@theslightedgeforever - Can you please share your carb cycling spreadsheet with me

@RetiredAndLovingIt - Good for you for getting back to it. I am also a previous LTM as well. :)

@Teresaw1020 - How can they back out of a signed contract?? There are strict laws over here - they have 10 working days to get finance approval and they have to list a certain bank. They can only default if that bank says no on an official letter. The silver lining is that you had someone waiting in the wings. How long before they are locked in

@trooworld - I hate that they do not consider people with larger calves. What exercises have you been given?

@cbabie - My thoughts are with you. I know it is tough. Mine has healed but when it is cold like this - boy do I feel it..

Hello to @renaegry, @its_cleo, @gemwolf110

Take care
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld, happy anniversary!! Your plans sound wonderful! I hope that the weather is nice for the musical. Did you see that they are making Cats the movie that is being released in December? It looks amazing!! :)

@RetiredAndLovingIt, have fun with your grandkids! I would be the same way if I went fishing and need someone to bait the hook and take the fish off. And then someone to clean the fish so I could enjoy all my hard work as I eat it. :D Are you football fans? We get a ton of people in town for the Georiga games.

@TrishasTime, I love roses! I'm hoping to be able to plant some at the new house. Here is someone wants to buy a home they have 10 days to back out with no questions asked. And if they don't get their financing they can back out at any time. I might not have sold my house if I knew how stressful this process was going to be. :)

Well, the lady who wants to buy the house also wants to come today with her real estate agent to look it over one more time. From what I heard she had spent almost two hours in the house with her family at the Open House. My husband has two big binders of everything that was done to the house, like HVAC, new roof, appliances, etc. And she had poured over every page with great interest. So, today we will leave our home again and have it perfectly spotless and pray that she continues to love it!

OK, I'm confessing to you all that yesterday I binged on caramel popcorn. It was sent to my office from our new mortgage company as a thank you and my husband told me to give it the staff and not bring it home. I was just going to have a few pieces and ended up eating most of it. Thankfully, the tin was very small but still with the rest of my eating yesterday, which wasn't very good, my weight is way up this morning and I feel so guilty and mad at myself. :s Today, I'm back on track and I'm going to get a grip and get back to losing!!
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    @theslightedgeforever – DAY 80! I can’t believe it, the time has gone fast. You said you skipped yoga- yoga is the one thing I don’t like doing. I always somehow hurt myself, my muscles are too tense lol. I know it’s good for me though, sometimes I try to incorporate it into stretching.

@joannadavison you asked where we were…I’m in Toronto, Canada. Never been to England though my parents have. My father was born in Scotland and came to Canada when he was 4. The other side of my family is Welsh Canadian. Balcony noise is getting a little better I think. Hard to stay on track during holidays. I’m supposed to take the last week of August off, not sure what I’ll do.

@TrishasTime they drill 8am to 6pm lol. Off and on throughout that time. So next time I have a call I will go to the office I think- I do have an office I just don’t go often. I think the worst part of the drilling is over. They pulled out all the walls of the balcony and now will do some work to replace it. I think the worst drilling was drilling through the concrete walls to pull it out. So hopefully it will get better now.
    Congratulations on your wedding anniversary! --- and the roses sound lovely.

@cbabie it seems like it’s getting better!

@TeresaW1020 I;m so glad it worked out for your house! How stressful. The caramel corn- meh, you deserve it! Don’t have any more until you sell your next house though! Hopefully that will be years from now :D

@trooworld Happy Anniversary! I hope you enjoy the musical, it sounds like fun.

@RetiredandLovingit I used to fish when I was a kid too and yep I was terrified to take the fish off. We never caught anything big, just sunfish. When we ran out of bait we would cut up a raw hot dog and tried that. I can’t remember if it worked.

I’m okay. I’m still not feeling well and I’m a little frustrated. I think it’s ragweed allergies but the pills don’t seem to be working. I’m going to give it a few more days and then try something else. Exercising has been abit rough.

Thursday my trainer showed me a bunch of new core stuff for me to do on my own and it is intense. It’s hard to explain them but they all use the stability ball. They kicked my butt. I went in today and tried some, and did some upperbody exercise and it was ok.

I was going to run as well, that would be my normal routine but I feel like I have no energy. I will try tomorrow morning. I get frustrated when I can't run bc it takes me so long to make any progress with it, like in terms of how far I can go, that I get really frustrated when I have to stop. Anyway it will pass.

Also going out tomorrow afternoon with friends, looking forward to it.

Food- today is the last day of the week and I’m struggling to finish the week on target so here’s hoping.

I find the stuff with trying to be healthy- the exercise and food- it's just up and down, up and down. Small successes, then challenges, or two steps forward and one back. I need to try to be patient.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi..went to the State Fair and did pretty well with my eating! Had a grilled turkey tenderloin that was really good. Dh got a funnel cake & I just had a little bit (I don't really like it, so shouldn't have any....but?)) & dd got deepfried cheese curds & offered me some. I only took one little piece, because I know she & the gkids like them. We are home now & we have their dog, Bella, with us because they were going back to a concert & they have a showing at their house. So Bella is begging for my chicken sandwich, lol.

Most of the time when we go fishing, we only get little bluegills (sunfish?), and usually throw them back. Some of the ponds are catch & release..so just for the fun of it. Another pond we tried, we got about 12, so decided to take them home to eat. Dh fileted them & I was cleaning them & noticed these little yellow things in the meat. After inspecting it further, we discovered they were worms. YUCK! They went in the garbage & we havent kept any fish from there since!!
  • TrishasTime
    GM

@trooworld - Happy anniversary - hope you have a wonderful day

@its_cleo - Perhaps it is time you saw a doctor? Maybe it is not what you think it is and you may need a script

@retiredandlovingit - had to look up Funnel cake. It looks like a batter /pancake receipe? Yuck to the worms.

@teresaw1020 - fingers and toes crossed for you

Take care
  • trooworld
    @RetiredAndLovingIt Sounds like you will be busy with the grandkids, but that's nice you will be able to spend time with them. I loved spending time with my grandparents. I've been wearing my slippers in the house all the time and I've noticed it HAS made a difference. I don't wear flip flops too often, either. They are convenient to throw on though lol. Great job at the fair, that's always so hard! That's gross about the fish. Too bad.

@TrishasTime Wow, 39 years? Congrats again! It turns out I just needed to adjust the splint, it fits okay now. The stretches: this is what they are called... towel stretch, standing calf stretch, plantar fascia stretch (you are sitting on a chair for this one), static and dynamic balance exercises, towel pickup, frozen can roll, heel raises, and side-lying leg lift. Thanks, we had a good day but it was really too cold at the musical so we left early.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! We ended up leaving at intermission of the musical because we were so cold. Who knew that it would get so cold on summer night in CA when it was so hot in the day??? :( It was a good performance, too. I had brought a light blanket but it was just not enough.I did see that Cats was being made into a movie. I'll watch it but I'll wait until it's on Blu Ray. Oh my gosh, that woman sounds like a pain, how stressful!!! It's no wonder you binged on caramel popcorn. Just move on, dear. Just move on.

@its_cleo Thanks! See my comment to Teresa above about it.

Hello gals. I've had a busy weekend. Just had time to come on here now. And I have a busy day today: meeting a friend for tea at 11, I have to make a quiche for a work celebration for tomorrow, I have to do my nails and clean the house. It never ends! Have a wonderful Sunday.

EMPOWERED.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    Good evening all. Back from the lake which I over indulged again in booze and snacks lol but it was my birthday weekend (Saturday I turned 42) so all is good. One last pig out tonight since I didn't get to it at the lake (nachos and cheese). Will get back on track somewhat the next few days but have excepted that untill we get back on routine my head ain't all in it. Not sure why I am my worst enemy come summertime. Good intentions. Start off good then down hill it goes.

@TrishasTime hi

@joannadavison my kids go back to school after the September long weekend in Sept 3

@theslightedgeforever my run was good. Did something different. Instead of starting my time and including my warmup and cool down walk I started my time after my warm up so basically just timed my run. My time for 5km was 34:39 with a pace of 6'54". Wasn't my greatest run was humid had trouble catching my breathe.

@cyaneverfat Right now I just do online WW and was tired of the program so that's what brought me back to mfp but am locked in WW till April 2020 so right now I currently log in both. It is interesting how the points and calories all work.

@cbabie not sure if by shock treatment you are referring to a Dr Ho like machine. If you are I have one and love it. Use it on my lower back and hip daily.

@trooworld happy belated anniversary

And everyone else hello.