I'm sooooo EXCITED...as of today, I'm 76 big ole pounds down. WOW!

2»

Replies

• maverick4x4
    maverick4x4 Posts: 80 Member
    Dang! Nice work!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Kadoober wrote: »
    I enjoy reading the success stories in general, but yours has just made me SO happy!
    We have never interacted on the boards, I rarely post, but hey - I see you.
    I see you being so extraordinarily upbeat, encouraging and supportive of others... ALWAYS.

I love that you've accomplished this for yourself, and I just love how over the moon gleeful you are about it.

GO YOU!!!! <3

WHAT?!?!!!!!!??????? You fabulous, kindhearted lovely person YOU. WOW! For you to take the time and care to post this makes me feel like a million bucks, TAX FREE! 1,000 thanks to you and {{{{ Love and HUGS as well }}}}}}
    <3o:)<3
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Update:
    (Note: I posted this on another thread, but wanted to post it here as well)

Speaking of self-control, your girl over here is almost to my ultimate DREAM goal...I'm down another big ole 2.2lbs since last posting/weighing in:

Last recorded weight: 143.8 lbs on 7/13/2019
    NewLIFEstyle4ME
    lost 2.2 lbs since last weighing in! Newlifestyle4me's lost 78.2 lbs so far

Last recorded weight: 141.6 lbs on 8/12/2019 BOOM!

17500697.png

I AM DOWN 78.2LBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whatcha talking about? 78.2lbs is nothing less than amazing and I'm soooooo GLAD about it. WOW, 78.2lbs is a whole lot of weight blastification and I'm looking and feeling fabulous honey. I'm only 1.4lbs away from my goal of 140lbs (down from my highest 219.8) to my DREAM goal of 137lbs (or 4.4lbs away). When one is trying to lose a seemingly 10lbs or less, it's actually TOUGHER than losing a big bulk, but whatevah, I'm VERY close now again super mega ULTRA YAY!!!

Talk is cheap, here's the "receipts" as the young folk say:
    01yvp4svy69a.jpg

Love you guys! o:)<3o:)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited August 2019
    To ALL of you beautiful people that took the time and care to post...Y'all ALL Rock, period.

AS0004469_00.gif?time=Mon%20Aug%2012%202019%2012:32:19%20GMT-0400%20(Eastern%20Daylight%20Time)
  • MarcyMavin
    MarcyMavin Posts: 142 Member
    You are awesome!!! Your dedication to yourself and motivation to others is beyond impressive. You are almost there! Can I ask over how long did you lose the 78?
  • LittleLightShine
    LittleLightShine Posts: 123 Member
    You are so inspiring!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    You are so inspiring!

How kind of you! {{{{ <3 HUGS <3}}}}
  • Chibike64
    Chibike64 Posts: 65 Member
    Awesome is your testimony of God’s faithfulness to you! May His mighty name be praised forever! Keep bragging on your God 🙏. Congratulations on the weight release too 👏
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Chibike64 wrote: »
    Awesome is your testimony of God’s faithfulness to you! May His mighty name be praised forever! Keep bragging on your God 🙏. Congratulations on the weight release too 👏

How kind and ENCOURAGING of you...YOU'RE WONDERFUL, period.
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    That's a great story. It's interesting how God really talks to you and it is specific for your situation. I have been on a similar path but in the process learned that I am a sugar/flour addict and steering way clear of those temptations is what He told me to do. My brain doesn't do moderation in the way yours does apparently, that's why I needed different instructions.
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    I applaud your openness and obedience to God and His plans and promises for you. I have been leaning on Him for my depression and am seeing wonderful changes in my own life. May He continue to bless you and hold you in the palm of His hand.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,470 Member
    great work!
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    That is fantastic! Your hard work has paid off. Amazing weight loss!👍
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Fivepts wrote: »
    That's a great story. It's interesting how God really talks to you and it is specific for your situation. I have been on a similar path but in the process learned that I am a sugar/flour addict and steering way clear of those temptations is what He told me to do. My brain doesn't do moderation in the way yours does apparently, that's why I needed different instructions.

{{{{{{{{{{{ <3 HUGS <3 }}}}}}}}}}}}}} Absolutely! Isn't it tremendous when/as we take God (The God of The Bible/The God of Abraham, Issac, Jacob and Jesus) out of the box (and ourselves at the same time) and simply "follow Him" (instead of following man made religion and traditions) and more important "allow/humble" ourselves to be obedient in His Leading, Guiding and Directing our paths in everything pertaining to life and godliness, how truly "easier and free" our thinking, living, behaving and being becomes in our own lives and our relationships with others? How we no longer dare compare ourselves among ourselves with ourselves and others--knowing that we are all different and unique and no longer embracing a "one size fits all" in our thinking, living and being.

pjshawley wrote: »
    I applaud your openness and obedience to God and His plans and promises for you. I have been leaning on Him for my depression and am seeing wonderful changes in my own life. May He continue to bless you and hold you in the palm of His hand.

{{{{{{{{{{{ <3 HUGS <3 }}}}}}}}}}}}}} How absolutely beautiful of you to post this and here's to cheering you on in/on the success and joy of overcoming everything that is hindering you. One of the GREATEST things I am so GRATEFUL to God from delivering me from is ANGER AND SADNESS, even more than weight blastification. When/as He taught me that anger has no place in my life anymore, that when bad/yucky things happen to me, I can handle them with love, intelligence, wisdom and POWER to control myself, no matter what. Also, the same with sadness...I was SHOCKED as I studied The Word of God for myself, with ONLY The Holy Spirit of God as my Teacher--NOT man, that as I rejected sadness when bad things happened to me and replaced sadness with The Joy of The Lord, lessons I must learn and apply in my life from the "sad" issue/situation--WOW!!!!!! just WOW!!!!! Mere words can not express how powerfilled I became to overcome so many areas in my life--SO MANY!!!! YES, there are some situations that sadness is appropriate, but only for a certain time, and then "snap out of it", for my PEACE of mind's sake and because I can!!!!

As we must know and believe, God is NO RESPECTER of persons, that He is real, alive and ever present to help... His Love, Power, Might and Will is EVER to make us FREE in Him and to ever be learning and doing His "unnatural" Way, His Truth and His Life...which goes against EVERYTHING we've ever think/feel/believe and are taught (even in "religion and man made traditions"). Meditating on this text of Scripture helps me:

Isaiah 55:6 Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:
    7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. 8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. 10 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: 11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

JBanx256 wrote: »
    great work!

THANK YOU so much and {{{{{{{{{{{ <3 HUGS <3 }}}}}}}}}}}}}}. Also, you're looking absolutely fabulous and amazing...YAY YOU!

That is fantastic! Your hard work has paid off. Amazing weight loss!👍

You're FANTASTIC, that you ever so very much for posting and {{{{{{{{{{{ <3 HUGS <3 }}}}}}}}}}}}}} to you!!!
  • MarcyMavin
    MarcyMavin Posts: 142 Member
    MarcyMavin wrote: »
    You are awesome!!! Your dedication to yourself and motivation to others is beyond impressive. You are almost there! Can I ask over how long did you lose the 78?

Hi and thanks so much for posting and your question...YOU'RE AWESOME <3o:)<3 !
    I'm super long winded, so I'll try my "darnest" to give you a short answer. I came to Mfp in February 2012 weighing (what was then), my all time high weight of 199-200lbs and I was super overweight and knocking on obesity's AND pre-diabetic's door. I was trying to lose 50lbs. I started out with a lot of gimmicks and failures. I started being in a SUPER HURRY to "lose" FAST, so I started out out "juicing" of all things and lost about 25lbs in three months in 2012. I got so hyped up with the juicing and exercising I hurt my foot on my exercise bike and went back to my eating a lot of junk and old lifestyle that got me to 199-200lbs (size 16w-18w) and within 6 months the 24-25lbs I lost, I found again and PLUS 20lbs more to an all time high od 219.8 and obesity. Getting to my all time high of 219.8lbs (size 22w)over about 3-5 years from 2012. During those 3-5 years, I tried EVERYTHING in the book to "lose" weight, everything/diet/gimmick you can think of including hiring a personal trainer for a year...nothing worked, I just gained more and more for the next 6.5 years, I was a mess inside and out. :'(

Then in November-December of 2017, after trying everything under the sun...I truly humbled myself, cried out with everything within me to/for God (The God of The Bible, The Only True and Living God) to PLEASE HELP me forever rid my body of this ugly, unhealthy and burdensome weight, and promised that I would obey Him in ALL that He commanded/instructed me to do EVERYDAY of all of my life AND I would openly, unashamedly give Him ALL the Glory, Honor and Praise and THanks for helping me AND give Him my entire life, including my eating lifestyle. AND He answered me and told me He would help me, but the first thing I needed to LET GO OF was a lot of inner stuff, sins, like anger, bitterness, wrath, being self-righteous/full of pride, gluttony, evil thinking and speaking and treating people with a mean spirit, for/from me being a religious hypocrite and being a sloppy greedy covetous person and to get rid of a LOT of mess in my life and home. I promised Him and myself To come CLEAN with Him about everything in my heart and mind DAILY AND to repent from ignoring and forsaking Him and for following man/men made religion instead of Him, I promised Him to worship/work-for and serve Him as my God, in "spirit and in truth" all the rest of my temporary life here on earth AND if He would deliver me from being a hoarder and glutton and more I promised Him and myself to CLEAN MY HOUSE and keep it clean (inside and out) everyday as He CLEANS my life up everyday. I made a commitment to Him to get rid of EVERYTHING that was hindering my close and personal REALationship by following THE REAL Jesus and to get rid of being excessive in my entire life and home.

That was in December of 2017. I started repenting and cleaning up my act all the way...starting with inner life and then my outer life, my home. I have a thread about it here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10620293/let-it-go-decluttering-simplifying-your-life-of-people-places-or-things-success-stories/p1

He didn't merely ask me to LET GO of all the things above, He taught me to PUT ON a lot of things that He required me to LET GO OF forever...instead of anger, wrath, bitterness, toxic relationships, a LOT of "stuff"--He showed me (via His Word, The Bible) how to "put on" patience, gentleness, self-control, mercy, peace and most important LOVE. Not Hollywood or music love, but His love. As I walked in humility and obedience--BOOM, the pounds and ounces started melting off of me. As I started "decluttering" and ridding myself of all things excessive in my home, heart and life--BOOM, amazing things started happening. A clean and pretty, more minimalist home (inside and out) and the ability to eat whatever I wanted to, whenever I wanted to, just much smaller portions and less frequently thru-out the day. That I was to restrict NOTHING I wanted to eat or drink, again, just smaller portions. He gave me the Wisdom and Grace to do that. I dropped about 60lbs in about 4-6 months. ALL WITH NO EXERCISE AT ALL. Then I continued to drop until today, another 25 or so pounds, AGAIN with NO EXERCISE AT ALL. Another thing The Lord required of me during this time is not be ashamed to tell everyone who asks me how I did it--to BRAG on Him and tell everyone The God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Jesus delivered me from obesity, and made me free from an angry/hateful/cluttered/messy/a hypocrite/a nag a and LOT more YUCK mess that WAS my life. He USED me to do the work, but He is The Power and Might thru which ALL these wonderful things have been worked out in and thru me. I'm so GLAD, Thank you Jesus! Also, another thing The Lord told and showed me was this weight blastification and decluttering was NOT going to be in vain, like my 7+ year journey, which ALL during that time, I was in a HURRY to lose. As The Lord taught me, we, together did it slowly and surely...NOT HURRY AT ALL. TAKING MY TIME TO DO IT RIGHT AND RIGHTEOUSLY, period. o:)

So, long story short, it took me 7+ years AND within that 7+ years about a year and some months to see 78.2lbs off. I went from a all time high of 219.8/size 22w to 141.6lbs/size 6/8.

This is The Text of God's Word He used to inspire me daily (a lot more, but this main one)

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Sorry it’s taken so long for me to say thank you for your reply, I’ve been away. Anyhow, it’s as I suspected, I’ve noticed something Christ-like in you , and the patience thing He’s trying to work into me. It’s so hard not to want things done now, I want my body to match my new mind, but I realize that patience will have the biggest payoff. Thank you for taking the time to be so in depth in your reply, I’m marking the page so I can come back and reread.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited August 2019

Hi and thanks so much for posting and your question...YOU'RE AWESOME <3o:)<3 !
    I'm super long winded, so I'll try my "darnest" to give you a short answer. I came to Mfp in February 2012 weighing (what was then), my all time high weight of 199-200lbs and I was super overweight and knocking on obesity's AND pre-diabetic's door. I was trying to lose 50lbs. I started out with a lot of gimmicks and failures. I started being in a SUPER HURRY to "lose" FAST, so I started out out "juicing" of all things and lost about 25lbs in three months in 2012. I got so hyped up with the juicing and exercising I hurt my foot on my exercise bike and went back to my eating a lot of junk and old lifestyle that got me to 199-200lbs (size 16w-18w) and within 6 months the 24-25lbs I lost, I found again and PLUS 20lbs more to an all time high od 219.8 and obesity. Getting to my all time high of 219.8lbs (size 22w)over about 3-5 years from 2012. During those 3-5 years, I tried EVERYTHING in the book to "lose" weight, everything/diet/gimmick you can think of including hiring a personal trainer for a year...nothing worked, I just gained more and more for the next 6.5 years, I was a mess inside and out. :'(

Then in November-December of 2017, after trying everything under the sun...I truly humbled myself, cried out with everything within me to/for God (The God of The Bible, The Only True and Living God) to PLEASE HELP me forever rid my body of this ugly, unhealthy and burdensome weight, and promised that I would obey Him in ALL that He commanded/instructed me to do EVERYDAY of all of my life AND I would openly, unashamedly give Him ALL the Glory, Honor and Praise and THanks for helping me AND give Him my entire life, including my eating lifestyle. AND He answered me and told me He would help me, but the first thing I needed to LET GO OF was a lot of inner stuff, sins, like anger, bitterness, wrath, being self-righteous/full of pride, gluttony, evil thinking and speaking and treating people with a mean spirit, for/from me being a religious hypocrite and being a sloppy greedy covetous person and to get rid of a LOT of mess in my life and home. I promised Him and myself To come CLEAN with Him about everything in my heart and mind DAILY AND to repent from ignoring and forsaking Him and for following man/men made religion instead of Him, I promised Him to worship/work-for and serve Him as my God, in "spirit and in truth" all the rest of my temporary life here on earth AND if He would deliver me from being a hoarder and glutton and more I promised Him and myself to CLEAN MY HOUSE and keep it clean (inside and out) everyday as He CLEANS my life up everyday. I made a commitment to Him to get rid of EVERYTHING that was hindering my close and personal REALationship by following THE REAL Jesus and to get rid of being excessive in my entire life and home.

That was in December of 2017. I started repenting and cleaning up my act all the way...starting with inner life and then my outer life, my home. I have a thread about it here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10620293/let-it-go-decluttering-simplifying-your-life-of-people-places-or-things-success-stories/p1

He didn't merely ask me to LET GO of all the things above, He taught me to PUT ON a lot of things that He required me to LET GO OF forever...instead of anger, wrath, bitterness, toxic relationships, a LOT of "stuff"--He showed me (via His Word, The Bible) how to "put on" patience, gentleness, self-control, mercy, peace and most important LOVE. Not Hollywood or music love, but His love. As I walked in humility and obedience--BOOM, the pounds and ounces started melting off of me. As I started "decluttering" and ridding myself of all things excessive in my home, heart and life--BOOM, amazing things started happening. A clean and pretty, more minimalist home (inside and out) and the ability to eat whatever I wanted to, whenever I wanted to, just much smaller portions and less frequently thru-out the day. That I was to restrict NOTHING I wanted to eat or drink, again, just smaller portions. He gave me the Wisdom and Grace to do that. I dropped about 60lbs in about 4-6 months. ALL WITH NO EXERCISE AT ALL. Then I continued to drop until today, another 25 or so pounds, AGAIN with NO EXERCISE AT ALL. Another thing The Lord required of me during this time is not be ashamed to tell everyone who asks me how I did it--to BRAG on Him and tell everyone The God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Jesus delivered me from obesity, and made me free from an angry/hateful/cluttered/messy/a hypocrite/a nag a and LOT more YUCK mess that WAS my life. He USED me to do the work, but He is The Power and Might thru which ALL these wonderful things have been worked out in and thru me. I'm so GLAD, Thank you Jesus! Also, another thing The Lord told and showed me was this weight blastification and decluttering was NOT going to be in vain, like my 7+ year journey, which ALL during that time, I was in a HURRY to lose. As The Lord taught me, we, together did it slowly and surely...NOT HURRY AT ALL. TAKING MY TIME TO DO IT RIGHT AND RIGHTEOUSLY, period. o:)

So, long story short, it took me 7+ years AND within that 7+ years about a year and some months to see 78.2lbs off. I went from a all time high of 219.8/size 22w to 141.6lbs/size 6/8.

This is The Text of God's Word He used to inspire me daily (a lot more, but this main one)

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Sorry it’s taken so long for me to say thank you for your reply, I’ve been away. Anyhow, it’s as I suspected, I’ve noticed something Christ-like in you , and the patience thing He’s trying to work into me. It’s so hard not to want things done now, I want my body to match my new mind, but I realize that patience will have the biggest payoff. Thank you for taking the time to be so in depth in your reply, I’m marking the page so I can come back and reread.

My absolute pleasure and please know I'm super cheering you on! Honey...that as we DO "patience" everyday, all the time, it is everything, it really is. As we humble ourselves and "practice" patience (with ourselves AND others)DAILY--24x7x365, as we are following "The REAL" Jesus (The Jesus of the bible vs. the jesus that the majority/broadway of "the christians and the WORLD" is/are/have been following and being taught about--that's why so many "christians and religious folk" are weak and "stuck" and have no power of REAL change in their lives nor NEW/TRANSFORMED life/lives--because the jesus they are following is not the REAL Jesus at all AND they are following "men and traditions of men" not The True and Living Only REAL God (The God of the bible, The God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Jesus at all--they follow "religion/church and men" instead and don't or won't repent from that) people don't know they are following "another jesus", because they won't study nor OBEY The bible for themselves AT ALL, they honestly believe they need a "man" to teach them/interpret the bible for them--they are being taught for a hundreds and hundreds of years that they CAN'T obey The True and Living God at all--because it's too hard and other seemingly "understandable" reasons why they won't and can't be Obedient and Righteous folk, so they follow what men say and do, instead of what God ALONE, Himself says) , as we "follow" The True and Living God, His Way, His Truth and His Life, instead of ours DAILY) WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT AS OUR TEACHER...NOT MAN,) and joyfully being humble(d) and obedient to ALL of the things He's teaching us on how to think, live and be/behave DAILY, amazing and truly wonderful, miraculous things happen in and thru us and we become truly LOVING and godly and Power-filled Light and Inspiration to/for ourselves and to others and it's "all good" as the young folk say (or used to say).
    YAY YOU and o:) {{{{{{{{{{{{{{ <3 Hugs <3 }}}}}}}}}}}}}}} o:)
  • deakinlinzi
    deakinlinzi Posts: 1 Member
    Well done!!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Well done!!!

Thank you beautiful! <3o:)<3
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    WOW...just absolutely WOW!

It's happening...SLOWLY but SURELY happening! I'm just a wee few pounds away from my ultra ultimate mega amazing goal of 137lbs. I'm down almost 80lbs (Mfp has me down 80lbs (but it's actually 79.8lbs--but WHOSE COUNTING?!?) Down 1.6lbs since last weighing in

Last recorded weight: 141.6 lbs on 8/12/2019

Today

80 lbs
    LOST
    NewLIFEstyle4ME
    lost 1.6 lbs since last weighing in! Newlifestyle4me's lost 79.8 lbs so far

Here's the receipts and YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

uqo9a0s5f142.png

Thank you Lord o:)<3o:)<3o:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!