WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2019

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    edited August 2019
    Had the most delicious locally caught Brill (fish) today. Heaven! I walked over to the fish market for my bonus exercise.
    Of course, it is mega expensive, but reasonably low in calories, provided I don't add too much butter. Had it with a huge pile of fresh spinach.
    As the cleaner was here I also did a separate trip to the supermarket for more calorie burn.
    Katla - I bought gluten free flour to make a yoghurt and chocolate chip loaf that I looked up on line. :D I will make it on Saturday. I also bought a gf seed bread. I think I know what I'm going to cook now. One new veggie dish for starters and a tried and trusted chicken favourite for main. The mango sorbet will do service AGAIN for dessert. Must remember to buy a lime for squeezing.

I've stocked up for the grandchildren tomorrow. The weather should be fine first thing, so we might drag them down to the beach with the promise of an ice cream. It's supposed to rain later. I have a dental check up at 12.45, so I'll put food on the table early and go.

My Portsmouth friend wants to get together with me on Tuesday, so we will meet in Brighton for lunch. Phew! Busy, busy. After that there is a long period with absolutely nothing planned. Hooray!

Lots of love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    If you’re using Bob’s Red Mill, don’t forget to get your $1 off coupon online!

Well, got everything packed for Jess from the house then at her storage unit. Then we had to go to the place where we’re renting the auto trailer and they put her car up on it.

Since it's so late, we'll go for an early dinner. I'm thinking of this sushi and grill place. Jess likes Sushi, Vince doesn't but he'll eat grill. I have to look online at their menu

Michele in NC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,023 Member
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Good morning all! Happy Thursday! Haven't heard from Mary in a couple of days; I hope the meds are working. Pins and needles for me, having a kiddo going through this and, as of right now, there is nothing I can do to help. Breathing...
    Machka-I am sure my suggestion falls under exercise; but my first step to reducing stress is usually hitting or kicking something (a punching bag) or running (if I don't have anything to hit or kick). I need to do something that will physically let me get all of the frustration and anger out, then I go into a calming/more meditative stress relief.
    Rori- Can't say enough about a gratitude journal! I also keep a regular journal to express some of my stresses.
    Terri- loved your poem! You are a talented writer!
    Amber- Thanks for the words on add/adhd in young kids and the fluctuating hormones! Your JR sounds like a pistol!
    Rita- I would definitely be with you in cooling off in a sprinkler, if I were there! Holy Smokes! That is some major heat! And it has stayed in the 100s for a while, has it not?
    Cheri- Your blankets are so pretty! The colors and the crochet pattern, both! Congrats to Ros on the new job/living quarters! Must be nice watching her get back on her feet!
    Debbie VA- Sending prayers for your daughter/grandchildren. I hope she can make the break for good! Sending strength as well! She will need it whatever choice she makes!
    Tracey- Count me in as a fan of the beautiful wedding photos! Hope you had fun with the grandkids!
    Katie and Sharon- I haven't tried a green smoothie, yet. My smoothies are always berries (strawberry, blueberry and raspberry) mixed with greek yogurt. I like greens; but I do have an issue with fruit. Many fruit flavors put my gag reflex into overdrive. Plus...working at home, I have a lot of greens on hand to have a salad/green sandwich for meals.
    Meg- Holy Hannah! What a day! Hope you were able to relax a bit and get a good night's rest!
    Karen VA- Glad your colonoscopy went well! ONe less thing to worry about for a few years!

Well, it was another early morning for me. One of my kiddos is usually dropped off by grandma at about 9am each day. But beginning today and into next week (Monday only) she will be dropped off at 6am by mama, because Grandma and Grandpa are having a long weekend away. (I say hurray for them!) Miss Lilah (age 2) arrived this morning and walked through the quiet house; "Where are the kids? Kids still sleeping?" lol As the last to arrive at my house and the first to be picked up in the afternoon, normally, she thought all of the kids lived here! I told her that the kids would be dropped off a little later; but she kept walking down the hall and telling me to get the babies up!

We released another newly hatched butterfly, yesterday. He was brought from one of my kid's homes, because his chrysalis was clear and you could see he was about to hatch. So the kids got to watch the whole thing. I got video of it, but it is on my facebook page. Haven't figured out how to get it here. Out of the six Monarch eggs that I started with only two have made it to fifth instar caterpillar stage. In the wild only 10% of all Monarch eggs become butterflies! So as bad as I feel for only having two of the six make it this far, I am beating the odds. It is an amazing thing to watch.

Welcome new ladies! Sending lots of love, encouragement and strength your way, to help you in whatever stage of "living well" you are in! This is a large group with an endless array of topics winding through our posts. Feel free to jump in whenever the spirit moves you and feel free to skim (as many of us do out of a simple lack of time). Please don't feel slighted or ignored if your post doesn't get a response; most of us are working with old brains that don't retain as well as they used to! lol If the question you have is important and you really need help or suggestions feel free to put the whole thing in bold type!

More kids arriving! Time to fly! Love to you all! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

Kelly love that you are helping the Monarchs. If you could have the eggs out in natural light that would be even better. I learned they need natural light to help them be in sync for when they migrate to Mexico. If you have them in a box or butterfly cage just set it up in a place in your yard that doesn't get too hot. Last year I place a bird cage over a chrysalis outside to protect it from rabbits. It was made on a plant the rabbits like to eat. It did become a Monarch. You are right it is magical to see them become butterflies.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Michele NC- Looking on Walmart.com at Bobs red mill wow even gluten free biscuits now! I remember when they mainly made flour only but not biscuit mix $4.99 with directions printed on it. Sounds cholesterol friendlier than what we’re using. Pancakes 🥞 mix too wondering if JR would accept it or not??? Worth a try to find out.

Odd rain storm just started here in San Antonio not a cloud in the sky but giant far apart drops flying sideways! Well there goes our internet if it gets worse.Yellow skies

Amber Tx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,636 Member
    well I am home and wiped out lol
    Taliah and I ended up going to the beach. my friend Patty had an eye appointment this morning and dilated her yes so after that she couldn't go, and I didn't want to disappoint Tal so off we went.. and of course I had to haul, umbrella, chairs ,cooler etc.. at least 1/2 mile to the beach. but she had a blast.. so thats all that counts.. going down in a bit to feed DFIL
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,431 Member
    w3fx7oinw5ur.jpeg
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Lisa: Be sure to let us know what project you choose. We all need to keep our hands busy now and then. :wink:

Janetr: I can picture all of us holding hands and crossing the road two by two. As many as we are now, that could take a little while. :laugh:

Tonight’s concert in the park features someone named Patrick Lamb. He plays Soul Saxophone. I’m looking forward to listening. I plan to skip eating an elephant ear this evening. :embarassed:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    ckdhp5u1861e.jpeg
  • pipcd34
    stats for the day:

day 19 (mon-fri)
    no gym workout

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.05min, 13.2amph, 137mhr, 1.55mi= 70c
    apple watch- 62c
    bike ride gym 2 sumn station- 49.28min, 14.3amph, 145mhr, 11.81mi= 472c
    apple watch- 441c
    jog station 2 wrk- 5.03min, 139mhr, 10.05min mi, .50mi= 63c
    apple watch- 57c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4,28min, 9.52min mi, 143Mgr, .45mi= 56c
    apple watch- 53c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 17.56min, 8.4amph 144mhr, 2.50mi= 180c
    apple watch- 143c

total cal 841
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Hi ladies. This has been one of those all day meeting days where they hold you captive and feed you at an offsite location you can't bring food into. Those are the worst. I'm a good employee; just tell me what to do and it will get done. But we all die here from meeting mania.

I think something in my shower handle has stripped. It has to be the faucet gizmo, because I can get hot water everywhere else. I'll have to take a closer look.

Katla: fortunately I can stop my drinking at two...mainly because any more and I fall asleep! :smiley: I'm a cheap date.

Loving the pictures! Nothing else to report; I think I told you DH is halfway done. hmmmmm I hear singing!

Take care lovely ladies! Meg from Omaha
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Michele NC- perhaps a different cook than usual made it.Gad a coworker who loved crisco we all used butter. A few had stomach upsets when he cooked others who are crisco fans loved his cooking. Problem was I have stomach disease could not eat his cooking.He realized it had my friend/coworker make it for me because she got it!

Found a great article a must read about a Woman who’s husband wasn’t diagnosed with Asbergers until late 50’s how things made sense after that. Reminded me of my high school friend who became a major pharmacist for a pharmaceutical company then in her 30 Mark was diagnosed with Biopolar disorder. Things made sense after that ,but lost her job because of it.Had to pick up the pieces. She would date guys would run we as friends accepted her mood swings thought nothing of them.Now we know it was early signs of it since childhood. She got angry easily then close herself in her room not want to play anymore or even get depressed during a school ice cream party even she didn’t know why.
    Amber Tx
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    JR - I told Vince about my upset stomach and the absolute first thing he said was "was there anything you had different?" Always has to be something you ate. No, I had what I usually have. It was probably some sort of intestinal bug that didn't last. ahhhh...

Seems I'm better now. It only lasted a few hours.

Michele in NC