Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• raindogmaa
    raindogmaa Posts: 205 Member
    Hey gang.... wow... nice to have new people on the thread! Welcome and congratulations for making the effort to get healthy! It's a big step and I applaud everyone for doing this.

AFM - We all have our ups and downs - emotionally. Currently I am on an emotional down which makes the scale want to inch up. Just can't seem to get my mojo in gear just yet. My current plan of attack is to take in ½ day at a time. Drink water, keep carbs down and keep moving. I'm great in the morning... not so much in the afternoon/evening. I restarted my current journey last September... so I feel I should use this coming Sept 1st as my next goal date. It's always good to look ahead. Wish me luck on this part of my journey. In turn, I wish you all success on your journeys! Together we can do it. Let's make progress, shall we?

Name: Cyndy
    Height: 5’3"
    Highest Weight: (Oct 15, 2004) 250
    Re-Start Weight (Sept 1, 2018): 221
    Goal Weight 140

Jan 22 191
    Jan 28 189.5
    Feb 4 190.0
    Feb 13 190.2
    Feb 18 187.4
    Feb 25 187.3
    Mar 19 185.8
    Mar 25 188.2
    Apr 5 188.1
    May 25 184.17
    Jun 5 184.8
    Jun 19 186.95
    Jun 29 186.36
    Jul 02 187.8
    Jul 16 188.7
    July 22 187.0
    July 23 187
    Aug 6 189 - Back from Colo celebrations
    Aug 12 - 188.8 .2 down... I'll take it.

Week (+/-) = -0.2
    Since Re-Start = 32.2
    Since First start = 61.2
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    @cyndy-- I've also been struggling to stay on track. I get really motivated for a couple of days, and then a social event pops up and I use it as an excuse not to keep to my goals. We just have to keep at it--we can do this!!

AFM-- So I know I just went to Iceland for my big 50th birthday celebration, but my sister really wants to go to Ohana Festival in CA at the end of September. I finally let her twist my arm, and we just booked our flights and VRBO today. We will be there Sept 28-30--the 30th is my actual birthday, so I guess I'm just going to keep celebrating. I'm pretty excited and am going to use this as a motivator. It's just over 6 weeks away, so if I can lose a pound a week, I will just be in the 180s for the trip. :)

Name: Karen
    Height: 5’7"
    Highest Weight: 247
    Current Weight: 196 (7/6/19)

7/6/19 = 196
    7/13/19 =196
    7/20/19 = 194
    7/27/19 = 194
    8/3/19 = 195
    8/10/19 = 195

Water Challenge Goal:
    80+ oz. each day
    11/31 days (as of 8/13)

Protein at 100+ grams:
    Sat 8/10 = 102
    Sun 8/11 = 100
    Mon 8/12 = 86
    Tues 8/13 = 88
    Wed 8/14 =
    Thurs 8/15 =
    Fri 8/16 =
  • RaevsReality
    RaevsReality Posts: 31 Member
    Serial starter checking in. I've seen this thread over the years but I'm not sure I ever posted in it. Was recently 'scared straight' by worrying high blood pressure symptoms, so am jumping right into a 180* lifestyle overhaul while I wait for my Dr. appt to come up.

Probably my most dramatic beginning on this journey, but I intend for this to be the last. At some point you run out of chances, and I'm gonna try and tempt fate any further lol

Name: Rae
    Height: 5'4"
    HW: 230 lbs
    CW: 225 lbs
    GW: 125-128 lbs

• dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Serial starter checking in. I've seen this thread over the years but I'm not sure I ever posted in it. Was recently 'scared straight' by worrying high blood pressure symptoms, so am jumping right into a 180* lifestyle overhaul while I wait for my Dr. appt to come up.

Probably my most dramatic beginning on this journey, but I intend for this to be the last. At some point you run out of chances, and I'm gonna try and tempt fate any further lol

Name: Rae
    Height: 5'4"
    HW: 230 lbs
    CW: 225 lbs
    GW: 125-128 lbs

We're all behind you. Let's kick it!!
  • RaevsReality
    RaevsReality Posts: 31 Member
    @dustyspal Hehe tysm, goodness knows it's gonna take everything I've got to get where I wanna go. 100lbs is no joke o.o
  • raindogmaa
    @RaevsReality You can do this!!!! Check in often!
  • dustyspal
    My weigh in this morning - down 15#. Moving right along!!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    @dustyspal -- Congats!! 15 lbs is awesome!!

@RaevsReality -- Welcome!! You've got this! One reason I originally started in 2011 was high cholesterol. I was in my early 40s and already on statins. I swear they made me gain weight, though I know research on that side effect is spotty. I had gained about 50 lbs and decided enough! I went off the meds and started MFP. Lost 60 lbs. My cholesterol is still borderline high, but even on the statins it never got below 200. The only think that ever got it down to the normal range was an extremely low carb diet, but I can't sustain that. After years of monitoring me (on and off meds) my PCP has finally conceded that my high cholesterol is hereditary. As long as I keep it in the low 200s, she doesn't harass me to go back on the drugs.

AFM -- Today was a very good day as far as food goes. I hit my protein goal and still have some calories to spare, and that was without any real exercise. Tomorrow is my last day off before school starts on Friday. Trying to begin the year with a positive attitude, so I'm not going to complain about going back to work. I may change my tune after Friday's inservice day. LOL

I know from experience if I really stick with my calorie goal of 1500 net, I will drop weight, so my vow is to make sure that I do that. If I want to indulge in a drink or lunch out with friends, I need to make it fit my calories for the day. Friday will be the first real test, as I know we will all go out for lunch and drinks after work. They usually provide breakfast, but it's often all danishes and bagels, so I will bring a hard boiled egg and greek yogurt in case there are no healthy options. That way I don't have to worry as much about where we go for lunch, and I can enjoy a guilt free vodka and soda. :)

7/6/19 = 196
    7/13/19 =196
    7/20/19 = 194
    7/27/19 = 194
    8/3/19 = 195
    8/10/19 = 195

Water Challenge Goal:
    80+ oz. each day
    12/31 days (as of 8/13)

Protein at 100+ grams:
    Sat 8/10 = 102
    Sun 8/11 = 100
    Mon 8/12 = 86
    Tues 8/13 = 91
    Wed 8/14 = 103
    Thurs 8/15 =
    Fri 8/16 =
  • Hey all, another new one here! I love seeing all support and encouragement here! I’ve been logging everyday for 19 days and it feels great... I’m here for the journey ahead and look forward to sharing more with everyone here!

Here is to a good day!

Name: Janae
    Height: 5’6
    Highest Weight: 237
    Current Weight: 229.6
    Goal weight 135

7/28 237
    8/3 232.8
    8/7 231
    8/15 229.6

Motivation : better overall health, something positive the family is doing together and I want to keep up with my VERY active 9 month old Jakobi! ❤️
  • dustyspal
    Hey all, another new one here! I love seeing all support and encouragement here! I’ve been logging everyday for 19 days and it feels great... I’m here for the journey ahead and look forward to sharing more with everyone here!

Here is to a good day!

Current Weight: 229.6
    Goal weight 135

7/28 237
    8/3 232.8
    8/7 231
    8/15 229.6

Motivation : better overall health, something positive the family is doing together and I want to keep up with my VERY active 9 month old Jakobi! ❤️

Perfect reason to want to get healthier. Go for it.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    @janae-- Welcome, and congrats to getting off to a great start!

AFM-- I'm on day two toward my short-term goal of being 6 lbs down before my Cali trip on Sept. 28th. Met my protein goal and under calorie goal again. Currently working on 16 additional ounces of water to meet my 80 ounce daily goal.

My plan for tomorrow is to bring some healthy snacks (hard-boiled egg, greek yogurt, protein bar) to get me through inservice. Then, I will pick something healthy at lunch so I can enjoy a beverage. :)

7/6/19 = 196
    7/13/19 =196
    7/20/19 = 194
    7/27/19 = 194
    8/3/19 = 195
    8/10/19 = 195

Water Challenge Goal:
    80+ oz. each day
    13/31 days (as of 8/13)

Protein at 100+ grams:
    Sat 8/10 = 102
    Sun 8/11 = 100
    Mon 8/12 = 86
    Tues 8/13 = 91
    Wed 8/14 = 103
    Thurs 8/15 = 102
    Fri 8/16 =
  • JudyKenova4
    JudyKenova4 Posts: 7 Member
    Hello! My name is Judy. I'm 41. I weigh 308 and want to be 170. Long journey ahead but I know I can do it with God's help and I also hope to enjoy the journey, not just endure :)
  • raindogmaa
    One day at a time @JudyKenova40! Hell! In my case, One Meal at a Time. Welcome -- this is a super supportive group... lots of really great people.

AFM -- Sugar is my current demon. I am having a heck of a time kicking the cravings and giving in more than I should. Last week Monday and Tuesday I went overboard so I decided to kick the habit. Wednesday and especially Thursday I had withdrawal headaches but toughed it out. Did well on Friday and Saturday... then last night -- Sunday night dinner screwed me up. Someone brought some guewy butter cake (had a tiny piece) and brownies (had 3!) It's like I got amnesia on my quest. Then this morning, I knew it would be a battle - my boss's birthday. Had a piece of carrot cake that nearly broke me. So now... 12:noon on Monday I am BACK ON TRACK. Gonna drink lots of water for the rest of the day and refocus.

The victory I am claiming is that I now have an 11 day streak of no alcohol. And you all know how much I love my wine. So that is the good nugget I am holding onto.

Strive for more good days than bad, baby steps makes the journey less overwhelming, keep the faith, baby!

Cyndy aka @raindogmaa
  • ljbutler1000
    ljbutler1000 Posts: 5 Member
    @raindogmaa, and anyone else struggling with a sugar addiction - I recently started the "Seratonin Power diet" developed by a Harvard MD, which is specifically designed for people with sugar addiction. In my case, I got the unstoppable craving for sugar after starting a particular medication on which people gain an average of 40 lbs. I had gained 30 before I thought to look at the med's side effects. Anyway, the diet is fairly regimented as far as timing of certain foods, but it allows for plenty of carbs. That combination of carbs and timing is supposed to regulate the levels of seratonin in your brain which will allow you to resist the cravings better than just trying to resist on sheer willpower. I'm only a few days into it, but someone brought cake to work today and I haven't had a single bite. Several weeks ago, I'd have eaten half of it.
    Best of luck everyone!
  • dustyspal
    Best of Luck to all. Although I don't specifically crave sugars, I am a binge eater, especially when I'm alone. I know I should not eat, and eat, and eat, but I just keep looking for "just one more thing." I'm getting better - only three binges in the past 4 weeks. Getting back to school should help. I go back tomorrow, which will be another adjustment to my routine.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    @dustyspal -- Great job keeping the binges to a minimum! We started school on Friday, be we aren't on a regular full-day schedule until the kids return this Wed. Even so, the structure is already helping with my ability to stay under my calorie goal. I tend to obsess about my nutrition intake when I have too much time to think about food. Staying busy really helps me to only eat when my body is truly hungry for food vs. out of boredom.

@ljbutler1000 -- thanks for the tip! I don't specifically crave sugar, but if I start the day with sugary carbs, I tend to eat more of them throughout my day. I will definitely look into the nutrition plan you mentioned.

@cyndy-- chocolate is my downfall! I try to keep some dark chocolate squares handy for when I want sweets--they really help! Great job avoiding that wine! I feel like I'm lucky that I can't drink wine (they trigger migraines for me) because that seems to be what adds a lot of empty calories to people's diets. Fortunately, I also don't particularly love beer, and I'm not prone to mixing cocktails at home, so that keeps me from drinking my calories on the reg. On the flip side, I do love my skinny mocha frapps! I've been a good girl and at my last two Starbucks visits, ordered zero calorie unsweetened passion iced tea instead--like you said baby steps!

@JudyKenova4 -- Welcome Judy!! I would also like to reach 170--the lowest I've ever gotten since starting MFP in 2011 is 183, but I know I can get back there and beyond!! Come back often for motivation and support.

AFM--I've been doing okay with nutrition. Friday, I brought healthy snacks to school and paid attention to calories when we were out to lunch. I thought I did a great job working in a couple of cocktails--I was under when I closed out my diary for the night. Then, on Saturday morning, I noticed I had accidentally logged an egg white rather than a full egg for Friday's breakfast. I corrected the error which put my slightly over for Friday, but I'm still counting it as a win for my mindfulness in making choices rather than just throwing all restrictions out the window just because of dining out for a meal. The rest of the weekend was okay--not the best choices, but under calories.

Water challenge is going well--I forgot to keep track on Saturday, so I'm not giving myself credit even though I probably drank 80 oz. :)

I was a little bit disappointed that I wasn't down on the scale at all on Saturday--hoping to see 194 again this week.

7/6/19 = 196
    7/13/19 =196
    7/20/19 = 194
    7/27/19 = 194
    8/3/19 = 195
    8/10/19 = 195
    8/17/19 = 195
    8/24/19 =
    8/31/19 =

Water Challenge Goal:
    80+ oz. each day
    16/31 days (as of 8/19)

Protein at 100+ grams:
    Sat 8/17 = 95
    Sun 8/18 = 71
    Mon 8/19 = 98
    Tues 8/20 =
    Wed 8/21 =
    Thurs 8/22 =
    Fri 8/16 = 72
  • Iamfocusingonme
    Iamfocusingonme Posts: 15 Member
    Hi all, Karina here. I've started multiple times in my life but I am sticking to this this time. I'd love new motivated friends and looking for a good group of people who are also really motivated to keep going. I'm excited to be here.
    My wish today is to keep on top of all of my responsibilities and be able to take care of myself too.
    Name: Karina
    Highest Weight: 337
    Current Weight: 333
    Goal weight 175

Motivation: My family, my husband, to be healthy, to be able to move easily, to be able to go skydiving with hubby, to be able to go horseback riding again, to be able to fit in a roller coaster 🎢, to be able to find nice clothes that look good, to be able to play lava monster with my kids and still breath
  • Welcome to the group Karina! Glad you added me too... seems like we are both here for the long haul and I’d love to keep each other motivated!

Thank you for the welcomes from the others as well.. feel free to add me as I do post daily and would love to stay connected!

My hard work is paying off and it feels really good.. I’ve increased exercise the past week and saw a 2lb loss today ! Woohoo...I’m even making “proper”choices when eating away from home!

Now I will admit.... BLUE MOONS are the devil for me right now.. I count each one but it’s so hard to stop after 1-2 because it’s freaking hot and they are just so darn refreshing! Anyway.. I will win this BLUE MOON battle!

Current Weight: 228.4
    Goal weight 135

7/28 237
    8/3 232.8
    8/7 231
    8/15 229.6
    8/21 228.4

• dustyspal
    Hi all, Karina here. I've started multiple times in my life but I am sticking to this this time. I'd love new motivated friends and looking for a good group of people who are also really motivated to keep going. I'm excited to be here.
    My wish today is to keep on top of all of my responsibilities and be able to take care of myself too.
    Name: Karina
    Highest Weight: 337
    Current Weight: 333
    Goal weight 175

Motivation: My family, my husband, to be healthy, to be able to move easily, to be able to go skydiving with hubby, to be able to go horseback riding again, to be able to fit in a roller coaster 🎢, to be able to find nice clothes that look good, to be able to play lava monster with my kids and still breath

Those are super reasons!!!
  • sweeetypie1
    sweeetypie1 Posts: 122 Member
    Hello! My name is Judy. I'm 41. I weigh 308 and want to be 170. Long journey ahead but I know I can do it with God's help and I also hope to enjoy the journey, not just endure :)

Hello Judy - welcome. Great attitude to enjoy the journey and not endure it. I wish you great success.