Ladies wanna get better at pushups?

Replies

• jowo2000
    jowo2000 Posts: 129 Member
    I just did the exhaustion test, and I squeezed out 21! Can you believe it!? I can't lol. I TRIPLED the number of pushups I can do in 2 weeks. I feel beastly.

I also am in fear because that puts me in column 2 of week 3, and it's looking pretty intimidating... Keep me on it, okay guys?

Looking forward to seeing how much improvement you've made in two weeks too!
  • jowo2000
    100 Pushup Challenge Week 3 Day 1:

12, 17, 13, 13, 17, total of 72!

This was SO HARD. But I got through it. The last set was torture, I don't know how I finished it. I ended up taking a longer break than the suggested 60 seconds because there was no way. Hopefully I can stay with this week, but I might have to repeat this day if the next day is too insane.

Wish me luck!

Also, join the challenge, so you can cheer me on and I can cheer you on lol!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133584-pushup-challenge-ladies
  • jowo2000
    100 Pushup challenge Week 3 day 2:

14, 19, 14, 14, 20 (did an extra one at the end!) (90 second breaks, on toes) total of 81 DONE!

I was intimidated by this day, but somehow, it wasn't as bad as I thought. I was able to do them a little later in the day than normal after getting good sleep, so I think that made a big difference. Feeling strong, and ready for day 3!

How's everyone else feeling? I hope you're feeling great about yourself and strong, you deserve it if you're sticking with it. I certainly do!

And I'll keep saying this, JOIN US! This challenge is amazing, you'll see results, and there's a strong community that will support you.
  • felicianadine3
    felicianadine3 Posts: 64 Member
    I feel like I'm a little late to the party, but I'd love to join! My initial test is... disappointing. It's been a long time since I've done any strength training and it shows with my initial test. I only completed one push-up with good form. :/ (Though, if I'm being honest, push ups have never been a strong point of mine.) I think I'll have to start with modified push ups, but hey, gotta start somewhere, right? I'm excited (and nervous) but here we go! :smiley:
  • jowo2000
    I feel like I'm a little late to the party, but I'd love to join! My initial test is... disappointing. It's been a long time since I've done any strength training and it shows with my initial test. I only completed one push-up with good form. :/ (Though, if I'm being honest, push ups have never been a strong point of mine.) I think I'll have to start with modified push ups, but hey, gotta start somewhere, right? I'm excited (and nervous) but here we go! :smiley:

You got this!!!
  • designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    Ok, I'm ready to try this out. I've had persistent tennis elbow for about a month so we'll see if this makes it worse or difficult. Starting out, I'm ranked at level 1, can't even do 3 "real" pushups. Guess there's nowhere to go but up, right?

@felicianadine3 Looks like we're in the same boat! I'm looking forward to getting a stronger upper body.
  • Kuchiness
    Kuchiness Posts: 48 Member

Are these knee pushups? I'd love to join but all I can manage so far is a few knee pushups
  • designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    @Kuchiness you can do which ever type of push-up works for you.

Question: Am I supposed to be able to lay all the way back down between each push up and then push myself all the way back up from laying on the ground? Because if so, I'm going to have to go to my knees...
  • jowo2000
    Kuchiness wrote: »
    Are these knee pushups? I'd love to join but all I can manage so far is a few knee pushups

Kuchiness- you can do whatever kind of pushup you want! Knees are totally fine, you'll probably be strong enough to do them on your toes in a few weeks, so you can start over then, or just keep going on your knees. Totally up to you!
    @Kuchiness you can do which ever type of push-up works for you.

Question: Am I supposed to be able to lay all the way back down between each push up and then push myself all the way back up from laying on the ground? Because if so, I'm going to have to go to my knees...

I don't know if this is helpful, but I go down so basically my nose almost touches the floor, and back up.
  • jowo2000
    100 Pushup Challenge Week 3 Day 3:

16, 21, 15, 15, 21 (120 second breaks, on toes) total of 88 DONE!

Oof, that one was hard. The last set had me shaking. But I think the longer break time was helpful, I did somehow make it to the end. I'm looking at the next week, and it's looking pretty scary... especially with the shorter break on day 1. We'll see how it goes, if it's too much, I may repeat this day a few times...

If you're doing this, hope you all are enjoying this dreadful challenge! If not, join up! Here's the link to the group, it's an open group.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133584-pushup-challenge-ladies

• Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited August 2019
    Way to go jowo2000 !
  • jowo2000
    Week 4 Day 1:

18, 22, 16, 16, 25 from toes, 92 total, DONE!

However, I took longer breaks than the 60 seconds that they suggest. I just couldn't. I tried between the first and second sets, but after that, I realized there was no way I'm going to be able to do all of these with such a short break. I think my breaks were closer to 2mins+. Plus, I just looked ahead to day 2, and realized it's going to be 100+, so I'm a bit intimidated. I might repeat this day until I'm comfortable with the short break, and then move on. We'll see...

• jowo2000
    100 Pushup Challenge Week 4 Day 1 (again):

18, 22, 16, 16, 25 from toes, 92 total.

I repeated day 1 with shorter breaks today, about 90 secs. It was still hard, but I managed to shorten the breaks from last time, so that was good. I think I'm going to try to do this day again on Friday with 60 second breaks, then move on to day 2 next week. Wish me luck!
  • jowo2000
    100 Pushup Challenge Week 4 Day 1 (yet again):

18, 22, 16, 16, 25 from toes, 92 total.

Repeated day 1 again, but I managed to do it with the 60 second breaks this time! It was really hard at the end, but I squeezed them out! Attempting day 2 next week. It's over 100 pushups total. Wish me luck!
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    I've started this challenge several weeks ago. I'm on week 4 but I've had to repeat a couple of weeks before moving on to the next one, lol.
  • jowo2000
    I've started this challenge several weeks ago. I'm on week 4 but I've had to repeat a couple of weeks before moving on to the next one, lol.

Me too, week 4 is really tough. I've repeated day 1 a few times lol.
  • jowo2000
    100 Pushup Challenge Week 4 Day 2:

20, 25, 20, 20, 28 all from toes with 90 second breaks, DONE! Total of 113!

That was crazy. The last set might be the hardest thing I've ever done. But I did it! I'm so proud of myself! The 90 second breaks help a lot, I think. I just looked at day 3, and I'm so scared lol...

Oh and btw, my arms look amazing. Just sayin, if you haven't been keeping up, the rewards are real too. :)
  • jowo2000
    100 Pushup Challenge Week 4 Day 3:

23, 28, 23, 23, 33 all from toes with 120 second breaks, DONE! Total of 130!

I can't believe I just did that. The longer breaks really do help. I was still a puddle by the end, and the last set was sheer willpower. But it happened! I'm have a test next, so I think I'll do that on Friday, and pick up next week. I think this is more than I could do the last time I did this challenge, so I'm excited and nervous at the same time lol!
  • jowo2000
    Just did the exhaustion test, and I did 37 pushups in a row! I thought I could do more since I did so many on Wednesday, but still, that puts me in column 2 for week 5, and looking forward, boy am I scared of it lol.

Ladies, it's never too late to join, and you'll feel so strong doing this challenge. Join in if you're reading this!
  • jowo2000
    Hundred Pushup Challenge Week 5 Day 1 Column 2.

28, 35, 25, 22, 35 total of 145 pushups. Done (kind of).

I eventually did them all, but I took way longer breaks, and I broke the set of 35 into two mini sets. This is quite a leap from the previous week. I'm debating repeating this day a few times and trying to shorten the breaks. But, the structure changes from day 2, with more sets, less reps per set, and shorter breaks, so I might just skip ahead and see how that goes. We'll see...