Working out before bed: same burn?

2»

Replies

• Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Have you thought about mixing it up? I spin 2 weekday mornings at 5:30 AM, and then workout afternoons and evenings the rest of the week.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    I love how good I feel when I work our first thing in the morning and I feel like I keep burning calories throughout the day per my Apple Watch. However, I’m just struggling to get up in the morning. I’m thinking of going back to nights for my weekday workouts (usually right at 6 when I get home but sometimes as late as 9 pm). It doesn’t affect my sleep, but I tend to eat after my workout especially if I go right after work. Am I missing any sort of benefit from working out later than earlier? I eat most of my calories in the evening anyways.

Thanks!

As long as you feel that you've got the energy to exercise at the same intensity and it doesn't interfere with your sleep go for it. Exercise timing and/or meal timing makes no difference in the long run as it all comes down to energy balance.

Personally I'm a morning person and find working out sets me up for a great day but we're all different in that department.
  • adotbaby
    adotbaby Posts: 199 Member
    IMO, work out whenever is best for you, morning or evening. If you feel good about working out at YOUR time, it'll be easier to stay consistent.