500 days with MFP

neugebauer52
neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
Started on 170 kg - 375 pounds, lost so far 41 kg - about 90 pounds. Walking a short distance used to be difficult, now I can walk 3 to 4 hours a day and I walk every second day. Great support from MFP and all those encouraging members, thank you. Now I understand my "trigger food" - in my case bread: 2 large loaves at lunch time used to be no problem, eating much healthier now. Learning about "food stacking" - sounds very familiar and I am going to work on that. Initially I started with carbs/fat/protein macros 25 % / 35 % / 40 % and by now my body seems to be happiest with about 35 % / 30 % / 35 %. One thing I have realized: I could have done nothing 500 days ago and by now might be even heavier. OR....thank you MFP and all those supporting members! Still a long way to go, let's have some fun for the next 500 days!

Replies

• socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Congrats and keep it up.
    Not every day is going to be easier - some days will be a breeze, some days will be sheer hell and you are going to ask yourself, why am I doing this. But if you have an image in your mind how you would like to look, make that your goal - being healthy is one of them
    Life is not easy and weight loss is most certainly in that category: there are hills, slopes and flat surfaces which are going to be very challenging, but stick to it and you will finally reach your goal.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    socajam wrote: »
    Congrats and keep it up.
    Not every day is going to be easier - some days will be a breeze, some days will be sheer hell and you are going to ask yourself, why am I doing this. But if you have an image in your mind how you would like to look, make that your goal - being healthy is one of them
    Life is not easy and weight loss is most certainly in that category: there are hills, slopes and flat surfaces which are going to be very challenging, but stick to it and you will finally reach your goal.

Thank you for your kind words. I know why I am following a healthier life style - because for once I am doing something entirely for myself. Very selfish - isn't it? :)
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,522 Member
    Keep us updated during the next 500, as I am 410 days behind it would give a good path to follow.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Good for you! Being so selfish! Congratulations on your success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!