30 minutes

tmbg1
tmbg1 Posts: 1,270 Member
You only have 30 minutes to workout. What do you decide to do and why?

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Battle rope and resistance bands.

Because it releases my inner warrior.
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Run 5K because I <3 running!
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 527 Member
    edited August 2019
    My preferred exercise is hiking. But can't get a bad hike in with only 30 minutes, so I'd have to go with the exercise bike, and push that baby. The why? It's my only exercise machine. lol
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Lifting session. Glute focus. Because I enjoy and they are my most important muscles.
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,599 Member
    I would take a walk
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Try for 30 minutes to find a you tube work out video I like. :lol:

But for real- That's my preffered method if I'm short on time. I can find something at my skill level(low) & I dont have to leave my house.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,804 Member
    Hop on my trainer and ride 30 min on a Zwift course.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,804 Member
    Or use my rowing machine.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,322 Member
    Clean and snatch complex with short breaks - strength workout with cardio thrown in for free!
  • mandabeth34
    mandabeth34 Posts: 158 Member
    edited August 2019
    If I want cardio- Run. Put on my sneakers and head out the door. Still the most efficient, effective workout for me.

If I want strength- Kelly’s favorite workout on my fitness blender. It’s deceptively challenging, body weight-only, and I can stream it off YouTube.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Running, because of all the things I do it it has the highest calorie burn, and if I know I will not be able to walk throughout the day as often as I usually do, I would rather choose something that would allow me to eat like a human being.

I love running, but I love other things more when it's hot (right now it's swimming and air-conditioned laser tag). I don't have to do what I love the most all the time, there are times when other choices are more appropriate since the only constant is that I love food.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited August 2019
    Stationary bike or full body weight lifting, because those two forms of exercise are my favorite and most effective for me.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    I would either go for a run, hit the weights, or hop on my bike trainer (or bike outdoors weather permitting) or rowing machine.

Running is my first choice as it's my favourite exercise. The others are cross training activities that support the running that I would typically do on non-running days (the rower also is great x-training for swimming which I omitted given the 30 minute constraint)

What are your goals? What do you enjoy doing? Those are probably more important than what others do.
  • LeiLaura
    LeiLaura Posts: 238 Member
    Swimming, if I can get to the pool, otherwise a pilates dvd. Really growing to enjoy both more and more.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    I usually only have 30 minutes. I play active video games. For a quick easy burn, 30 minutes of rhythm games gives me a good boost to my heart rate.

Just your daily reminder that exercise doesn't have to be gyms or running, as long as you're moving.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    Would really depend on my mood. Mostly likely something more cardio based, something like Zumba I enjoy (I'm horrible at it, but I enjoy it anyways lol).
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Thanks! Sometimes I only have about 30 minutes to squeeze in a workout and I needed some ideas.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    30min short run
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,974 Member
    edited August 2019
    I row 5k meters in 30 mins in two 12.5 min 2.5 sets w/a 5 min break on my Concept2 rower everyday, which for me burns about 280 cals/day, in the comfort of my home.

If you are really limited for time, you could just do each set at different times during the day. You could also do the same thing on a spin bike or a bike set up on rollers, if you don't have or want to buy a rower.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Put together a complex of your favorite exercises (bodyweight, dumbbell, kettlebell, barbell, or a combination of all) - that you cycle through to make up one round or set. Complete the round or set and then take a recovery rest (active or not) equal to
    the same amount of time (or half the time depending on how challenging you've made the complex.) Complete as many rounds or sets as possible in your 30 minutes. You're done.
    [/list]