Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,322 Member
    okay pet peeve - ladies texting in the bathroom stalls while other ladies are waiting
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Also doing a quick check in.
    Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

CW 186.2
    HW 207
    GW 170
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Dawn - I use a computer to post- is phone use more difficult for this website?

Was going to sleep in a little but whats 20 minutes by itself? I got up and will take the time on to my after breakfast sleep.

HOT here - drinking lots of extra water. Rolling my eyes, just have to do it.

Too tired too hot to cook, the salads I bought are probably tonight's dinner - I have been making "pizza" but over 100 degrees and that has no appeal.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking.......

I have never used MFP on laptop. Only phone. The last 2 days, i've had to delete and re install MFP. May be my phone. But, because I have had issues lately with MFP, I assume that's the problem... stay cool
  • arniedog74
    Kathryn- how are you? How's hubby? Hope pain is gone from his ear...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

106 today - bubba thermos in car (thanks Dawn!!) to dental visit with a/c trying to work.

Paid for lunches at cafe today/tomorrow so I dont have to worry about those and salad mix with leftover chicken for dinner tonight????

Coworker who is retiring gave me a "process flow" from HR on retirement benefits and what to do. Seems it is as clear as mud so they have to explain it to us......

Has anyone seen someone fry an egg on the sidewalk? Today it would work here. Just shake my head.

Wave to all who follow.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Sara - 106!!! wow! Take it easy in this heat! We are a cool 77 today - almost 30 less than you - crazy thought really....
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,824 Member
    edited August 2019
    Hello All~~

Kathryn - You wrote recently "Dr has ordered a TEE for me (transesophogeal echocardiagram?) Has anyone had experience with that kind of test? You have to swallow a tube with some sort of equipment on it so they can get a better look at your heart."

When is this appointment? What symptoms are you having that they want to do this test?
    I've had a heart ablation for atrial fibrillation, but I've never had a TEE, just regular echos.
    Let us know when, so we can send good vibes~~~

Lana
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Hi all,

Just a quick check in, glad to see everyone is doing okay.

I am still on the mend, not 100% but getting there. I go back to the dermatologist next week, the skin on my legs are still very tight & still retaining fluids but that will probably take a couple more weeks to clear up.

I want to start waking on my treadmill soon (tired of not being able to do anything workout wise), but realized over the last couple days that we cannot find the screws to assemble it since the move...oops :s looks like we just need to keep unpacking & they will show up somewhere I hope.

Waving to all who follows & welcome to anyone new.

~Saltine~ >:)
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Lana - dr office still has not called me with an appointment time for the TEE. the dr wants the test to get better look at my heart. they are still baffled why i had a stroke because i do not have any of the usual factors. so i guess they just want to test everything they can think of.

Dawn - DH's ear is doing better. No pain for awhile now. Hopefully it was just some passing thing. He is anxious to get all the packing out so he can see if he can actually hear or not.

saltine - glad to hear you are doing better! is this something that can be controlled with medication?

Sara - keep cool! that heat sounds beastly! I hope Miss Tillie doesnt have to walk on asphalt or concrete in that heat! keep hydrated! as far as retirement goes, DH had to spend a week at Ft Knox for his retirement instructions!

Tracy - Whoooo hooo! what a great NSV!!

I am still trying to rein in my calories. Am above what I weighed when I got on MFP. :(

CW - 166
    HW - 216
    GW - 145
  • Tilliesmommy1
    v86owgcpy71y.png
    cant find my lady in blue dress dancing so here is today's version
  • hickchic67
    vf6g2vpjvmas.png

0nru30cv9uu7.png
  • Tilliesmommy1
    j64ef2pp9to9.png
  • arniedog74
    edited August 2019
    Sara- isn't the Bubba the best! I just LOVE mine! Stay cool! Our temps are still yucky, but NOT that yucky...

Kathryn- glad DH is doing better... how long before packing removed? Hope your test goes well... good thoughts to you .. let us know how it goes...

Saltine- glad you are on the mend... hope it goes quickly for you... good thoughts to you as well...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    FRIDAY

Good morning TGIF!!

One more HOT day of over 100 should be better tomorrow.

Food choices have been okay today is pizza at cafe but I only get one piece - and salad.

Front door advert on door handle - new yoga place in town - will take a look and see if it has the same people running it and if they post prices. Worth looking into at least for stress and large muscle work out.

Lurking from work on the fabulous Friday.

Wave to all who follow.
  • skinnytacular
    skinnytacular Posts: 159 Member
    Good morning everyone! TGIF, indeed!

Tilliesmommy--whew, I'm glad it's going to finally cool down for you after tody. Good plan on the pizza--salad is a great choice and one slice is manageable.

ANd, yes, good thoughts to Kathryn!

Saltine--glad to hear you are on the mend. Something like that happened to my husband (whose has psoriasis most of his life) this past spring. They never had an explanation for it, but we suspect it was a craft beer he tried and woke up the next morning literally covered in hives. It took ointment and lightbox treatment and about a month to heal.

As for me, I have the house to myself this weekend so I am looking forward to a girls night with other moms (I've been scoping out the menu --Vietnamese place-- trying to find a good choice) and then a day of cleaning and organizing tomorrow. Weird, but true, I'm very much looking forward to it!

Have a great day everyone!
  • skinnytacular
    skinnytacular Posts: 159 Member
    Oh! And my cat is finally eating again! Not 100%, but much, much better. WHew!
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning Ladies~~

Saltine - so glad to hear that things are improving. Can you do any floor exercises, or is it too uncomfortable to have pressure on your skin on your back or sides? Be careful of salty foods, which may be making the tight skin worse. Big hugs~

Kathryn - *slap my forehead* I keep forgetting about your stroke! Do they have you on a blood thinner? Do you ever get palpitations? Irregular heartbeats that go on for a while? I had, and will always be at risk for atrial fibrillation, and the bad thing about AFib is that blood can pool in the atria and then cause a stroke. But maybe that's not what they are seeing because they haven't had you wear a heart monitor for 24 hours or more....
    Big hugs for you too~~

Waving to Dawn and Missy and Tracy and Tracey and Lynn and Meghan and Suzu and Eryn and Davis and Skinny and Ohhhhh, I am forgetting a couple of peeps?..... Waves to anyone else who stops in later on.

Sara - The Cabana Boys are having a planning meeting over at the pavilion for our TGIF Happy Hour later today. I hope that your day goes well!!! 🤗

I don't want to go walking now. 😭 But I must.

Lana

250.0 today, from self-sabotage yesterday
    250.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • hickchic67
    Lana - no blood thinners, no bp meds because my bp is good, no cholesterol meds because mine is low. i did not, and do not, have any irregular heartbeats. however, my mother does have AFib, has had a few ablations, etc. i have never had any symptoms of that. my doctors are stumped.

Dawn - DH goes back to the doctor Sept 3. He is very antsy! The packing in his middle ear is a dissolving kind they said. The packing in his ear canal will be cleaned out at the dr visit.

skinny - glad to hear your cat is eating again. its always so scary when they get sick.

Was doing great yesterday calorie-wise until after dinner.... DH had his ice cream so I decided to make some protein fluff. Used a different protein powder so I didn't measure it correctly. Instead of the 150 calorie bowl it ended up being 437 calories! :s I would have been better off with the ice cream! At least I will know better next time!
  • LanaCabana537

Skinny - so glad to hear your kitty is eating again.

Sara - Pizza and salad sound gooooooood!

Kathryn - you are a medical mystery! Sorry to hear about the 437 calorie explosion. 😱

Well, I did a walk this morning even though I wasn't feeling strong. As a reward, I wanted to go to the library and pick up a real, hard-copy book. There were no parking spaces at all (library is within a park of sorts)- I circled a couple of times and went home. What's up with that? Dang.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana - answer ..... free a/c !!