The Nerd & Geek Thread

Replies

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    1mnub7lmno4j.jpg
    That reminds me of LOTRO now adays. The gold cap has gotten so high that its insane to try to buy anything in the online auction house and its a real problem for low level characters who haven't amassed all the gold yet. And all the stuff gotten from the random chests makes the crafted stuff pretty well useless, though I guess if you are a character without a lot of gold, the crafted stuff can have its value......

Of course in that game, the characters have gotten so over-powered in the majority of the low level fights in an effort to balance the game for single level characters, that if you really want a challenge, you play without armor or keep low level armour :)

But hey, I don't care - I love the game anyway, and I don't care if its 12 years old and severely dated technology :D Besides, I play for the characters I've created and the story I have running in my head
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    edited August 2019

See you space cowboy
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    mattig89ch wrote: »

See you space cowboy

OMG, where'd you get that?!?! I want one, too!
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch wrote: »

See you space cowboy

OMG, where'd you get that?!?! I want one, too!

found it here: https://imgur.com/gallery/CFCAkAj. Comments say it can be found here: https://spellpic.com/product/cowboy-bebop . Sadly I can't access that site at work, as its blocked for some reason.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,883 Member
    A work buddy makes a steady side-bar income of collecting MtG card sets then selling them online. Says he can usually count on a few hundred dollars per year doing this.

One guy at work found out about this, asked him (the collector) to evaluate a shoebox of old cards to see if any could be sold online. Turns out he had a dozen pristine black lotus cards. Collector could have given new guy $20 and he would have been happy, but instead was honest and sold them online for enough for new guy to literally pay the down payment on his house. Unreal.
  • mattig89ch
    oh, figured we'd like this.

https://youtu.be/H3DN6hKh_EA
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    nossmf wrote: »
    A work buddy makes a steady side-bar income of collecting MtG card sets then selling them online. Says he can usually count on a few hundred dollars per year doing this.

One guy at work found out about this, asked him (the collector) to evaluate a shoebox of old cards to see if any could be sold online. Turns out he had a dozen pristine black lotus cards. Collector could have given new guy $20 and he would have been happy, but instead was honest and sold them online for enough for new guy to literally pay the down payment on his house. Unreal.

Thank your coworker for restoring a little bit of my faith in humanity today, that's the best part of the story
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    ke74y3h5gbxz.jpg

That's pretty awesome :D
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    ke74y3h5gbxz.jpg

That's pretty awesome :D

I thought so too.
  • cee134
    k9ntxyto6yyi.jpg
  • cee134
    n58rqzyqec7c.jpg
  • cee134
    f2dfxw6dqr4v.jpg
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,582 Member
    f2dfxw6dqr4v.jpg

God, I love the internet. This made me laugh so hard. :)
  • cee134
    gvwbi0td035w.jpg
  • cee134
    edited August 2019
    x5pus9066avb.jpg

• cee134
    7y52whnxsdsd.jpg