New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Where do you all buy Enlightened?
    I don't care for the texture/ dry mouth I get from eating it, and I heard Enlightened is good, but I can't find it.

Not sure where you're located, but in central/northern California I can consistently find it at Raley's/Nob Hill, Safeway (I assume other stores owned by Safeway would also have it), and sometimes Grocery Outlet. "Health food" markets usually have it too, for a higher price.

Texture of "light" ice creams varies a lot. I like Enlightened, but I personally think the best texture is Breyers Delights. With most brands, especially Halo Top and Enlightened, the texture is far better if you let it sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes or so before eating.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    I don't care for the texture/ dry mouth I get from eating it, and I heard Enlightened is good, but I can't find it.

https://eatenlightened.com/pages/store-locator
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    apullum wrote: »

Not sure where you're located, but in central/northern California I can consistently find it at Raley's/Nob Hill, Safeway (I assume other stores owned by Safeway would also have it), and sometimes Grocery Outlet. "Health food" markets usually have it too, for a higher price.

Texture of "light" ice creams varies a lot. I like Enlightened, but I personally think the best texture is Breyers Delights. With most brands, especially Halo Top and Enlightened, the texture is far better if you let it sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes or so before eating.

https://eatenlightened.com/pages/store-locator

Thank you! We don't have any stores like that around here. I'll have to check out the local Woodmann's, Festival, or the coop.
  • pancakerunner
    edited August 2019
    Maxematics wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    So an update on my Built Bar fiasco; I indeed got the right box, a Built BURNER mixed box, this morning! The texture and taste are exactly the same as regular Built bars. I tried the Piña Colada Built Burner bar and it tasted pretty good. I could smell it immediately upon opening the package and it was nice. I can't speak for the added ingredients yet. It claims it will reduce appetite but I'm ravenous from my run and deficit yesterday. As for burning more calories and increasing fat loss, meh. I didn't buy them for the claims because it's all about buzzwords; I bought them because they had different flavors from the regular bars.

I tried the Mango built bar a few days ago and that wasn't bad either. I have to give them credit in that the texture of the newer flavors seem to be a bit softer on the inside and not as chewy. I'm hoping that's not just due to the weather. Unlike many others who eat them, I don't think putting them in the fridge makes them better and the freezer just makes them inedible to me because they're so firm.

Would I get the mango flavor if it became permanent? No. As for the Burner bars, I'll decide once I try the other five flavors.

I'm glad you got at least a little something from them but I'm gonna need more bars and where are the burner bars hiding on the website? I don't see them.

Wow they are gone ! They used to have a whole section for them.

Oddly enough, this makes me more skeptical of them. Earlier today, I searched Built Burner because I had wanted to see something as I was eating my bar. I found this page: https://calc.builtbar.com/; it has a calorie calculator and links to a meal plan and workout ideas. I thought it was so weird, as I had never seen it before. I was also allowed to access this but when you click on the flavors it's an invalid URL. I don't recall them stating it would be around for just a limited time.

This makes me wonder if they tried to screw me over on purpose the first time by sending me a regular mixed box even though I ordered the burner ones knowing that they had a limited supply that couldn't keep up with demand. Maybe they temporarily removed them from the site until then. Also, I noticed any of their instagram photos relating to the burner bars have been deleted. I think that's kind of fishy. These bars don't expire until 2020, so maybe I'll hold off on trying the rest until I find out what's actually going on. Even though customer service did right by me with this screw up unlike their first screw up, I'm about to hop off the fence onto the "no more Built bars for me" camp.

***EDIT***: Apparently from what I can gather on Instagram, people got offended by the marketing of the burner bars for using terms like "weight loss" and "fat burner" (think HAES people) so they have decided to discontinue them.

I do not like this company. At all.

I really like this product. I’ve ordered several times and had no issues. I received my orders within a few days of ordering in great condition. I received the email announcing the burner Bars, checked it out, but the flavors did not appeal to me. I know there’s been a lot of positive reviews. Does anyone know if there are reviews about the new bars on their site? I’ll have to check it out, although I would guess they’d pull them.

Nothing against the product... just the brand. I think their marketing is sloppy and irresponsible. I don't really trust them.
  • pancakerunner
    The chocolate raspberry was really good! I love the combination of chocolate and raspberry.

The chocolate coconut also very good. It reminded me of a mounds candy bar. (but with higher chocolate:filling ratio. Really good. These were a LOT better than I expected.

ehtj00ptbfcm.jpg

u3wc6n7kuj23.jpg
    sto2pacv0sny.png

I am excited to try the other flavors. The two I had so far were the vegan ones.

I love truth bars!
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    The chocolate raspberry was really good! I love the combination of chocolate and raspberry.

The chocolate coconut also very good. It reminded me of a mounds candy bar. (but with higher chocolate:filling ratio. Really good. These were a LOT better than I expected.

ehtj00ptbfcm.jpg

u3wc6n7kuj23.jpg
    sto2pacv0sny.png

I am excited to try the other flavors. The two I had so far were the vegan ones.

I love truth bars!

The coconut one looks awesome! Do you know offhand what the sweetener is in those?
  • pancakerunner
    BethAnnieT wrote: »

ehtj00ptbfcm.jpg

u3wc6n7kuj23.jpg
    sto2pacv0sny.png

I love truth bars!

The coconut one looks awesome! Do you know offhand what the sweetener is in those?

Believe they use a blend of stevia, erythritol and tapioca syrup.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited August 2019
    BethAnnieT wrote: »

ehtj00ptbfcm.jpg

u3wc6n7kuj23.jpg
    sto2pacv0sny.png

I love truth bars!

Here is a photo of the non vegan ones. Stevia erythritol and coconut sugar. I love stevia flavored things so maybe that’s why I like them so much. 4u1gkkifua7r.jpeg
    u9xco96xmk0b.jpeg
    mpe8p7kfy33g.jpeg
    sd7vdhu9htex.jpeg
    nls0vacvjuvp.jpeg

I didn’t like the cookie dough very much. It has a weird flavor to it that doesn’t taste like cookie dough. Almost has oatmeal flavor to it.

I LOVED the toasted marshmallow! It has a great s’mores flavor. My favorite is the chocolate coconut, chocolate raspberry and chocolate marshmallow. These are way softer in the center than the others. More like a mounds bar center consistency.

The chocolate almond was just okay. I didn’t like the almond extract flavoring and the center is more chewy.

I really liked the chocolate peanut butter! It has nice nuts inside and a nice authentic peanut butter flavor. Really tastes like a candy bar. A lot chewier than the others. The center is completely different than the raspberry marshmallow coconut.

Did not like the chocolate mint, but I rarely like anything mint flavored. Boyfriend liked them and said they are like thin mint Girl Scout cookies.
  • pancakerunner
    9uyfq8n9yghf.jpg
    n0hzmwkzh2kw.jpg
    n02ze52841y7.jpg
    jzvw01hhrw1x.jpg
    dm92wmcz1ksr.jpg
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    9uyfq8n9yghf.jpg

Ooooh, I'm very curious about these; I wonder how many calories they will be. I hope they at least put a serving as one cookie instead of half of one like their other cookies.

• pancakerunner
    9uyfq8n9yghf.jpg

Ooooh, I'm very curious about these; I wonder how many calories they will be. I hope they at least put a serving as one cookie instead of half of one like their other cookies.

Honestly, judging by the photos they don't really interest me... flavors are kind of meh and the visuals don't look too appealing. Kind of bland?
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    9uyfq8n9yghf.jpg

Honestly, judging by the photos they don't really interest me... flavors are kind of meh and the visuals don't look too appealing. Kind of bland?

I guess that's what was kind of appealing to me. I don't eat them often, but I actually do like Quest's protein cookies; part of what I like is the simplicity of the flavors. My two favorite flavors are the Chocolate Chip and Peanut Butter so I guess this is reminding me of those a bit. I have had some Lenny & Larry cookies I found to be decent like Choco-o-Mint but then there are the flavors like Apple Pie, Birthday Cake, and Chocolate Doughnut that I steer clear of. I'm the same way with protein bars and snacks in general but a lot of people go crazy over those flavors. I'm hoping I end up pleasantly surprised but I have a feeling you're right and they'll be meh for me like the crunchy cookies.
  • pancakerunner
    9uyfq8n9yghf.jpg

I guess that's what was kind of appealing to me. I don't eat them often, but I actually do like Quest's protein cookies; part of what I like is the simplicity of the flavors. My two favorite flavors are the Chocolate Chip and Peanut Butter so I guess this is reminding me of those a bit. I have had some Lenny & Larry cookies I found to be decent like Choco-o-Mint but then there are the flavors like Apple Pie, Birthday Cake, and Chocolate Doughnut that I steer clear of. I'm the same way with protein bars and snacks in general but a lot of people go crazy over those flavors. I'm hoping I end up pleasantly surprised but I have a feeling you're right and they'll be meh for me like the crunchy cookies.

Oh, I feel you. I actually love Quest's cookies! They're soft and chewy... again, just judging by the pictures on the package, these L&L keto cookies look kind of dry and crunchy? Of Quest's my FAVE is the double chocolate cookie! And I'm with you on the cookie dough... I think it's the real butter that gives it the soft texture and great flavor.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    These are so good. Free sample. Just select you like nature valley bars lol. https://app.sampler.io/naturevalleyeo4l4ld4g3kr.jpeg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    These are so good. Free sample. Just select you like nature valley bars lol. https://app.sampler.io/naturevalleyeo4l4ld4g3kr.jpeg

I liked the regular Peanut Butter flavor more.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,813 Member

Thanks
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    edited August 2019
    I'm not sure how new this is but I saw an ad today on Facebook saying peppermint bark Oreos will be here for Winter. THAT is a flavor I'd try!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    I'm not sure how new this is but I saw an ad today on Facebook saying peppermint bark Oreos will be here for Winter. THAT is a flavor I'd try!

I got them last year, and they were very good. 10/10 would recommend.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    neldabg wrote: »

I got them last year, and they were very good. 10/10 would recommend.

Sounds similar to candy cane Joe Joe’s for folks who have a Trader Joe’s. Those things are delicious, and the chocolate covered version is even better.