Share your Numbers

Replies

• merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    I feel you completely. Sub-300 feels like it's so slow in coming and that's frustrating. I know I'll get there if I keep doing what I'm doing, but that doesn't change the way I feel :P
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Today I dipped below my lowest weight track by 2 pounds. That is an odd result since I am certain I am not dehydrated. I am also certain I haven't somehow managed to create 5600-7000 (5600 represents the normal margin of error) calories of additional deficit recently without realizing it. I have visited this track 5 times since July 12th so I feel like it is still holding strong on predictability.

Nothing I can do about it but wait and see. That and probably change the batteries in the scale.

• NovusDies
    jjlewey wrote: »
    Finally broke through 403 today. 400.8, anyday now geez

My prognostication is that it will be tomorrow.
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Today's Numbers update:
    1. Today is day 62 of walking at least 5 miles & 11,000 steps a day.
    2. My streak on MFP is 101 days.
    3. I am down 14.8 pounds.
    4. I have walked 499 miles since April 20, 2019.

These are the numbers from August 6, 2019:
    1. Today is day 53 of walking 5 miles & over 11,000 steps a day.
    2. I have been logging on MFP for 92 days now and have lost 12.4 pounds so far (still have about 117.6 to go).
    3. I got a Fitbit on April 20, 2019 and have walked 452 miles since then.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies wrote: »

Right you were, @NovusDies becomes Nostradamus

Congrats on losing your 4!! Hopefully you won't have to lose it again but the scale can be a tease you know.

• dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member

Congrats on losing your 4!! Hopefully you won't have to lose it again but the scale can be a tease you know.
    It so can be a tease. 😑 I’m waiting to see that magical 100lbs lost again. c.c
  • real_change
    real_change Posts: 53 Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is a huge milestone! Great job persevering!🎊
  • NovusDies
    Numbers Day!!

Scale weight lost: 3.6
    Weight lost by deficit 2.3
    Masking less than zero

3wk RoL 2.87
    6wk RoL 2.63

Still 1.6 under my lowest track. It dawned on me that it is a result of trying to lower my overall sodium intake. I am not trying to hit a MFP target I am just trying not to get to a place I am not refilling my salt shakers so quickly. One of my goals is to lose my prescriptions and since I am on a diuretic it makes sense to see if my love of really salty food needs to be tamed a bit. I am also concerned about how much I sometimes balloon up with water retention (15+ pounds) when I eat maintenance and since I will be eating maintenance during recovery I really would rather not swell up anymore than necessary.

• TwinThompson
    TwinThompson Posts: 80 Member
    Weigh day!
    5lb lost!!! Takes me to a total 2st 8lb down 😊
    I’ve also lost 1’’ off my waist, 2’’ off my hips and 2’’ off my bust (😒)
    A lot of this will be water weight, I was Very bloated last week, but i don’t care! I’m very pleased with myself 😃
  • NovusDies
    Weigh day!
    5lb lost!!! Takes me to a total 2st 8lb down 😊
    I’ve also lost 1’’ off my waist, 2’’ off my hips and 2’’ off my bust (😒)
    A lot of this will be water weight, I was Very bloated last week, but i don’t care! I’m very pleased with myself 😃

You Rock!

That water weight that bloated you was water weight you gained back and it was masking some of your results last week. My opinion is that unless you are dehydrated (or eating lower sodium) the lowest weight you see is the more accurate as long as you are in a calorie deficit. When we all get to maintenance we may have to consider a weight in the middle of our normal fluctuation range to be accurate, I dunno. While losing the lowest one makes the most sense because it will always be going lower.
  • real_change
    It’s been a good week for the group! Congrats to everyone who posted this week!
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    edited August 2019
    I made my @NovusDies inspired spreadsheet

Since I started logging on 7/10/19 to 8/15/19

Lost = 22.8 pounds
    Pounds per week = 4.4
    TDEE for the whole time = 4894
    Average calorie intake = 2737

Using tdee 4800 calories my projected weight is 1 pound off my current weight.
  • NovusDies
    I made my @NovusDies inspired spreadsheet

Since I started logging on 7/10/19 to 8/15/19

Lost = 22.8 pounds
    Pounds per week = 4.4
    TDEE for the whole time = 4894
    Average calorie intake = 2737

Using tdee 4800 calories my projected weight is 1 pound off my current weight.

Another monster is born!

• LilSkittles22
    LilSkittles22 Posts: 22 Member
    @jjlewey I realize your post was a few days ago, but I haven't been keeping up with the group very well this last week. You are not alone in your frustration. I seem to always be retaining water (I judge this by how my wedding ring fits), and it's always worse on weigh in day. It's so hard to tell yourself that it's just water and you're still doing well, but it will pay off eventually. Kind of like Novus said, at some point your weight has to go down even with the extra water. I've been trying to get under 300 and I didn't think it was ever going to happen. I decided to start weighing a few times a week when it seemed like I wasnt retaining so much water to see if it helped, and sure enough I weighed in this morning and was 299.2!! I am so stinking excited and proud of myself for finally getting there and for not giving up when I was frustrated at not losing fast enough. It's taken me a little over a month to lose about 6 lbs. I wish it was faster, but I've made choices that didn't help, so it is what it is. But keep plugging along because you will get there, and hopefully very soon. Maybe try to minimize sodium for several days to see if that makes a difference, but you got this!!
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Reviewed my progress today and I'm down 6.4lb since the start of the month, which is quite a surprise.
    I'm only 1.8lb away from 5 stone - which truly is amazing, I'm so chuffed.
    I'm hoping I've reached that stage now where a 7lb loss is noticeable, nobody mentions my weightloss - I think it's because I lose proportionally but am still fat.
  • real_change
    Jackie9003 wrote: »
    Reviewed my progress today and I'm down 6.4lb since the start of the month, which is quite a surprise.
    I'm hoping I've reached that stage now where a 7lb loss is noticeable, nobody mentions my weightloss - I think it's because I lose proportionally but am still fat.

That’s incredible progress, @Jackie9003! I’m down 11 lbs since June, and don’t look different yet at all. We’ll get there!
  • NovusDies

Way to go you!

Funny thing about people not saying anything. I went a very long time and I wondered if anyone noticed (they did) but they never said anything. Then the dam kind of broke and now that is all anyone ever talks about when they see me... even strangers because my clothes are so baggy. Kind of wish I could go back to no one saying anything but that might just be me.
  • NovusDies

That’s incredible progress, @Jackie9003! I’m down 11 lbs since June, and don’t look different yet at all. We’ll get there!

Have you checked your feet? lol.

I think my first 25 pounds or so was mostly visceral fat. I felt the difference but couldn't see anything. If I recall correctly that is the only predictable weight loss pattern. You lose visceral fat before distributed body fat. You might not have any though. I was so large I had to have some... probably quite a bit.