Fitness Trackers

Hello everyone!
I am venturing into the world of fitness trackers and there are SO MANY to choose from. Can you please tell me what you like best?
Specifically for me I want a calorie counter and heart rate monitor for Indoor Cycling and Pure Barre.
I am not a fan of the Apple Watch, but your responses would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• changeconsumeme
    changeconsumeme Posts: 229 Member
    I have a Fitbit and I absolutely love it. I’ve had several variations of Fitbit, but the one I have now is the Inspire HR. It’s light, small, tracks sleep, heart rate, steps and automatically tracks exercise. I see my deficit for the week and it truly helps keep me on track.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Garmin is the way to go. Especially if your indoor bike reports power.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,515 Member
    Garmin! I love my Vivoactive 3.
  • beccadoll448
    beccadoll448 Posts: 5 Member

Which Garmin do you have?
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    I think the Garmin. I had a FR935 which I use to track the vast majority of the activities I do, cycling indoors (with a power meter) included.
  • toxicslix
    toxicslix Posts: 18 Member
    I have a Fitbit Charge 3. Seems easy enough to use and the apps are great. I mostly got it because the Fitbit can use my phone's GPS and track my walks, runs etc.. My only gripe is that it seems to generate a pile of steps for me, so I don't use that part of it as I don't believe it's very accurate.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member

Which Garmin do you have?

Fenix 5X. It was the top of the line a generation ago. Probably two generations come spring.
  • beccadoll448
    beccadoll448 Posts: 5 Member
    Ok. I think I’ve made my decision to go for the Garmin Vivosmart 4. But before I purchase, how do I record my Pure Barre activities?
  • allother94
    allother94 Posts: 588 Member
    Polar V800 with heart strap. Everything you will ever need!
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    I hated my Fitbit. I love my Garmin Vivoactive 3. T syncs better and give me much more data. I really like th3 Gps.
  • hiryze
    hiryze Posts: 48 Member
    Another vote for vivoactive. I love that I don't have to charge it daily. When I track my runs with gps it will last about 3 or 4 days. When I don't use GPS, It will last up to a week. Loads of useful data with the app.
  • lukeruss
    lukeruss Posts: 34 Member
    Love my Samsung Galaxy watch has HRM, GPS, and MP3 which I Love
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Ok. I think I’ve made my decision to go for the Garmin Vivosmart 4. But before I purchase, how do I record my Pure Barre activities?

I wouldn't suggest tracking them on a sports watch. HR doesn't tell you anything of value in that kind of session, so all you're really recording is the time that you took.