Starting runners:lets motivate each others

123457»

Replies

• SarahGilfach
    SarahGilfach Posts: 33 Member
    I did my first Parkrun today, after starting C25K in early April. Really pleased - I had two goals, 1) no walking and 2) under 35 minutes. Well, I didn't walk, and I came back in 33:42, and I really didn't think I was going to manage under 35 minutes, the way I'd been feeling during training. Loving this! Hope you're all enjoying your running.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    I did my first Parkrun today, after starting C25K in early April. Really pleased - I had two goals, 1) no walking and 2) under 35 minutes. Well, I didn't walk, and I came back in 33:42, and I really didn't think I was going to manage under 35 minutes, the way I'd been feeling during training. Loving this! Hope you're all enjoying your running.

Parkrun is amazing! Congrats on your progress!

• SarahGilfach
    SarahGilfach Posts: 33 Member
    Parkrun is amazing! Congrats on your progress!

So friendly, and it really didn't feel like there were 140 ish runners there. Really chilled out. Will definitely be going back. :)
  • svetlanagajic
    svetlanagajic Posts: 4 Member
    I've been running for some time. Now I'm on 9-10km per hour. I've been using Running for weight loss app. It's really great. I've realized that I do better with coaching apps, so I need some suggestions what to do next, when I finish this program.
  • adelinue
    adelinue Posts: 98 Member
    Hello!
    Hope you don't mind if I join in :smiley:
    So I stopped running for a few months and just got back to it. I stopped a few weeks after my first (and only) successful 10k, but right now I'm barely able to do a 5K. Not that I want to go back to 10K, that was quite hard on my joints and I don't quite see the point to be honest. I'd rather stick to 30min runs and improving on my speed, then adding in some additional workouts that wouldn't be as hard on my knee joints.
    For now the plan is to stick to a 3 runs a week. Unfortunately, I didn't do any this week, so not really off to a great start to be honest ... I will do my best to go for a run today so that I can have 3 runs this week.
  • jruiz4120
    jruiz4120 Posts: 56 Member
    I have been running for a few months now and I could do a 3 to 4 mile run easy but I over did it going up a hill and hurt my knee and couldn’t run for about a week. Now I got to start over again. I is track my run if you want to add me we can help each other