High protein, low carb snacks

AngryBuddha
AngryBuddha Posts: 5 Member
edited August 2019 in Recipes
Any suggestions on snacks I can take? After workouts and at work I'll take a protein shake, but really don't want to add a 4th shake.
Open to suggestions!

Replies

• ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Hard boiled eggs
  • tdnursey
    tdnursey Posts: 2 Member
    Oh, man. I was really hoping we'd have more responses on this one. Just about all my snacks are carbs, but I am fan of pepper jack or string cheese sticks,... or anything with peanut butter after a workout.

Turkey roll-ups (turkey, cheese, lettuce rolled together) or Greek yogurt are good but not as portable.

I could use another lean option which doesn't involve animal protein, but I may just end up carrying around grilled chicken fingers (good cold w/ Thai peanut dipping sauce). ;) I've been wanting to try those no-bake energy balls. https://www.lowcarbmaven.com/low-carb-peanut-butter-balls/, but I do like that a shake slows me down consuming more than something bite-sized.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    That's a great chart. 👍
  • jasleenkaur01
    jasleenkaur01 Posts: 1 Member
    Chobani non-fat no sugar added Greek yogurt! Top with some gronola to make it even better!
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Jerky.
  • anthonykeezer
    anthonykeezer Posts: 2 Member
    Quest whey protein chips about 5 grams carbs. 4 grams net carbs and 19g protein only 5g fat they are delicious
  • anthonykeezer
    anthonykeezer Posts: 2 Member
    Also little tip most beef jerky are higher in sugars opt for a lower sugar jerky
  • teresawillard1
    teresawillard1 Posts: 1 Member
    I need help with quick breakfast ideas. I’m not much of a breakfast person , typically. So keep it simple.
  • Mill3rWife
    Mill3rWife Posts: 4 Member
    Triple 3 oikos
    2 scoops of collagen protein powder
    1-2 tablespoons oatmeal

Quick and yummy
  • PiscesIntuition
    PiscesIntuition Posts: 1,365 Member
    I have yet to taste a Quest protein bar. Anyone have a favorite flavor?
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Now I am craving a crown of lamb with mint sauce. Thank you for triggering that. 😬
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,594 Member
    If you don't mind processed food, imitation crab sticks are low in calories, high in protein and easy to transport and eat on the go.
  • georgieamber2
    georgieamber2 Posts: 229 Member
    This is my idea of a snack lol!!! It’s soy mince so quite low calorie but for a vegan I don’t eat too too many carbs! I imagine this being good with lean beef mince though! It’s mince, black beans and peas mixed with fajita seasoning. X
  • LCplTrey
    LCplTrey Posts: 8 Member
    I didn't see it on the list so here is my addition: pork rinds.
  • KathiLife
    KathiLife Posts: 5 Member
    I have to watch sugar content in what I eat because I was (still am) an addict. It's not that I don't consume it but I try and leave that to weekends or specific events.
    I do a lot of Greek yogurt, string cheese, cottage cheese, and hard boiled eggs/egg whites to get my protein. I also still use several products from the bariatric practice where I had my WLS. One item in particular is hot chocolate mix, which I add to peanut butter cup flavored coffee (Shuil's). The mix is 15 grams protein and 80 kcals.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    I can’t eat any type of cured meat (jerky, salami, deli meat) and need to watch my intake of saturated fat. My go-to protein snacks are hard-boiled eggs, Greek yogurt, protein powder and often a Pure Protein bar. I eat a lot of the other foods in that chart (chicken salad, tuna, edamame) for lunch or dinner. Sometimes I’ll eat nuts or peanut butter if I have enough calories. I sure wish there were more options.