What's one habit/ritual/hack that you practice daily to optimize your life?

Replies

• pro31wahine
    pro31wahine Posts: 62 Member
    Morning ritual... Deep focused breathing, gratitude, focused goals, stretching... And water all day
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Going to bed earlier so I get enough sleep. I still struggle with this but it is extraordinary how much more energy I have and how much better able I am to handle life's unexpected setbacks when I’ve had enough sleep.
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Every morning I put on a coffee face mask, and drink a ton of water before having my coffee. Helps me feel more refreshed.
  • lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    Pilates. Every day.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    edited August 2019
    I love all of these!!! Keep 'em coming! :)
  • snuff15ee
    snuff15ee Posts: 99 Member
    edited August 2019
    0430 am wake up M-F to get in my gym time, and Saturdays are always mountain bike shred day. For food Sat and Sun are always my protein pancake/waffle days.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Good morning ritual with the dogs.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,294 Member
    taking my dogs out to start my day, either walk (about 2 miles) or dog park, depends mostly on the summer weather where we go
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    I love this thread! Here is what I do:

-Have all of my workout clothes ready to go for when I wake up early in the morning.

-Pack my lunch before I go to bed, which means weighing everything. Sometimes I log it too. If I don't log it, I write it on a post-it and log it at work the next day

-Every night before I fall asleep I review my day and try to find "micro" wins--small things that happened or I did that was a "win". I will also review micro fails and think about how I can improve

-I've been putting my phone down so I can be more in the moment with my family. If we go out to dinner I used to put my phone beside my plate. Now I keep it in my purse

-I'm not one for meal prep so I try to buy healthy foods that I can grab on the go
  • peachvine29
    peachvine29 Posts: 400 Member
    edited November 2019
    I meal plan weekly and we grocery shop every Sunday. I use an app called Plan to Eat where I store all of the recipes I make, drag and drop into a calender, adjust serving sizes, and it makes my grocery list. HIGHLY recommend (it is $5 per month). I have the app on my phone and check off items as I buy.

Sunday afternoons I prep all my lunches and snacks for the work week and prelog MFP.

I have a sunrise alarm clock that is really nice, it gradually wakes me up with light rather than annoying sounds.

I prep my gym clothes and pack my work clothes every evening.

I use facial lotion with SPF every morning and gently cleanse and moisturize every night.

ALWAYS have my water bottle with me.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Take a little time to myself at the end of the day before bed. This could be reading, watching tv, playing games on the ipad, or crafting. But regardless of how tired I am and how late it is, I no longer feel capable of going to bed without at least a few minutes of personal down time.