Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Are our casual clothes making us fat??

1235»

Replies

• MamboRumba
    MamboRumba Posts: 423 Member
    All I know is that leggings LIE! I wear size Small whether I weigh 100 or 140 pounds!

( But, my normal jeans......Size 24.....I need to be 115 (or less to fit comfortably). 106 pounds, though....they sag! 🤣
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    MamboRumba wrote: »
    All I know is that leggings LIE! I wear size Small whether I weigh 100 or 140 pounds!

( But, my normal jeans......Size 24.....I need to be 115 (or less to fit comfortably). 106 pounds, though....they sag! 🤣

I've lost about 52 pounds and I still wear the same yoga pants, lol. They were pretty tight at the top, but they still fit!
  • MamboRumba
    MamboRumba Posts: 423 Member

I've lost about 52 pounds and I still wear the same yoga pants, lol. They were pretty tight at the top, but they still fit!

Hahahahahahahahah! 🤣. I know! The OP is right. These clothes got some heavy duty super stretch to them!

Always do the JEANS test. Jeans do not lie!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member

Hahahahahahahahah! 🤣. I know! The OP is right. These clothes got some heavy duty super stretch to them!

Always do the JEANS test. Jeans do not lie!

Nothing like putting on a pair of freshly laundered jeans to make you feel like you've gained 10 pounds, lol. I would always put my through the dryer, apparently that's a bad idea if you want them to fit the same as before.

I actually can't remember the last time I wore jeans. It's been a while.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    aokoye wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    LAT1963 wrote: »
    Phirrgus wrote: »
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    I eat too much and put on weight whether dressed or naked...and I want to look better naked so I eat less and move more. Screw clothes, who needs em. o:)

Pants are for squares.
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    I eat too much and put on weight whether dressed or naked...and I want to look better naked so I eat less and move more. Screw clothes, who needs em. o:)

Pants are for squares.

And for avoiding jail time when you go out in public... :smile:

Wait...I'm supposed to wear them? In public? Always wondered why people are uncomfortable around me :o

You obviously live in San Francisco, where public nudity is legal (but you have to bring something to sit on--no naked butts on the bus-stop benches. Besides you don't know who sat there before you...).

Thing about public nudity in SF being legal--it's so fracking cold there all the time pretty much nobody ever exercises that right!

It's funny because I live in Oregon where public nudity is legal so long as one isn't intending "to cause arousal in others". The only time people ever exercise that right, in Portland at least, is on the nude beach or during the Naked Bike Ride.

Naked Bike Ride? :grimace:

Yeah - it's totally a thing and not just in Portland. It's part of the World Naked Bike Ride which has been apparently going on for 15 years according to wikipedia (that article isn't safe for work for obvious reasons). Thousands of people participate in Portland's ride annually. I have zero desire to do it for multiple reasons (including that it doesn't sound physically comfortable), but the people I know who have done it enjoyed it (including someone I wouldn't have expected to report back good things).

we have them in my area. SE Wi
  • Legs_McGee23
    Legs_McGee23 Posts: 114 Member
    mbaker566 wrote: »

Pants are for squares.

Pants are for squares.

Wait...I'm supposed to wear them? In public? Always wondered why people are uncomfortable around me :o

You obviously live in San Francisco, where public nudity is legal (but you have to bring something to sit on--no naked butts on the bus-stop benches. Besides you don't know who sat there before you...).

Thing about public nudity in SF being legal--it's so fracking cold there all the time pretty much nobody ever exercises that right!

It's funny because I live in Oregon where public nudity is legal so long as one isn't intending "to cause arousal in others". The only time people ever exercise that right, in Portland at least, is on the nude beach or during the Naked Bike Ride.

Yeah - it's totally a thing and not just in Portland. It's part of the World Naked Bike Ride which has been apparently going on for 15 years according to wikipedia (that article isn't safe for work for obvious reasons). Thousands of people participate in Portland's ride annually. I have zero desire to do it for multiple reasons (including that it doesn't sound physically comfortable), but the people I know who have done it enjoyed it (including someone I wouldn't have expected to report back good things).

we have them in my area. SE Wi

We have one up here in Bellingham, WA too - and there's a big one in Seattle every year. You get to see some pretty amazing body paint art. Well - you get to see a lot of everything.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member

Pants are for squares.

Pants are for squares.

On the summer solstice, people ride around Seattle wearing nothing but body paint.

I went for a ride just because on the solstice once, passed a bunch of them, and felt overdressed.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member

Pants are for squares.

Pants are for squares.

We were a at a Kenny Chesney concert at Busch Stadium in St Louis last summer. The naked bike ride was going by the stadium. One of the ticket takers said they had been going by for an hour. He said didn't know how many fake tickets he let get past him.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »

Pants are for squares.

Pants are for squares.

We were a at a Kenny Chesney concert at Busch Stadium in St Louis last summer. The naked bike ride was going by the stadium. One of the ticket takers said they had been going by for an hour. He said didn't know how many fake tickets he let get past him.

A: "Wait, why are there so many people in the stadium?"
    B: "Well you see there were these people...who didn't appear to have pants on, and they decided to ride their bikes that way. Also they were topless."
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member

Pants are for squares.

Pants are for squares.

On the summer solstice, people ride around Seattle wearing nothing but body paint.

I went for a ride just because on the solstice once, passed a bunch of them, and felt overdressed.

It just sounds... logistically challenging :smiley: I have nothing against anyone's skin if they're comfortable and confident enough to (legally, lol) show it off. And I've seen pictures of some pretty amazing body paint!