Psorasis-Diet

My adult son had a huge initial Psoriasis breakout. He was seen by a Dermatologist and was given some steroids initially. His body was covered head to toe with breakout. Nothing he did helped so he decided to change his diet and after 2 months is completely healed. He did not take any medications. He stopped all processed food, quit drinking beer and switched to only Tequila if he did drink because it is gluten free. He juiced celery every day, and went on a gluten free diet eating plant based foods and fish. two months later his skin looks wonderful. Just wanted to share this.

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Glad things worked out for your son. ☺
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    That is so great!

Playing devils advocate here, are you sure the steroids didn’t work for your kiddo too? He did change two things at once. His new diet is great and all but adhering to it for the rest of his life sounds rough.
  • FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 338 Member
    Sounds like what he is eating now is very similar to an anti-inflammatory diet. Since psoriasis is an autoimmune disorder, doing an anti-inflammatory diet would be beneficial. Glad to hear that it worked for him.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    It's great that the diet is helping him. Just so he knows, there are a lot of other options than just steroids to treat it, in case it worsens in other seasons.
  • TwinThompson
    TwinThompson Posts: 80 Member
    I have psoriasis, while it hasnt completely cleared it’s a heck of a lot better since I stopped eating processed sugar and dairy. On my cheat days I tend to have a can of Pepsi and/or cream cake or chocolate or something like that and my skin reminds me of it the next day!