45 days and 10 Pounds

124»

Replies

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    OMG I am so sorry about your injury --wow that had to totally suck. But, it is great that you were able to make the best of it after all the work you put into it.

Wishing you success on those last five pounds ---you totally can do it!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Welcome back! Sorry to hear about your injury but SO GLAD it didn't ruin your trip! Sounds like a super fun, healthy vaca! I love it!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Welcome back <3 So sorry to hear about your foot, hope its getting better now <3 Cheering you on on your last 5 lbs!!!
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    After two days of post-vacation OMAD, I am down another pound and a half. Although I was happy with a two-pound loss after more than two weeks of vacation -- shoot, who doesn't usually gain weight on vacation? -- I also felt I was retaining water from salty foods. (In Bavaria, nearly every meal included sauerkraut. It's not as salty as the sauerkraut here, but salty enough, I'm sure. Plus lots of potato dumplings and cheese, airplane food on the way home...you get the picture.)

Sure enough, some of that water came off after a return to OMAD, making my vacation loss close to four pounds. Just goes to show that even a modified form of OMAD, such as the one I tried to stick to during my trip, can help keep gains in check or, coupled with moderate exercise, even generate a loss. I'm within spitting distance of maintenance range and only three pounds from my feel-best weight.
  • volgirl1322
    That is so awesome!!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Awesome that you had a loss while on your trip to Bavaria and happy that your foot is better :)<3
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    That's amazing! Of course, I don't make it a habit to bike 5 hours a day on vaca either LMAOOOOO

Nice job dear, and I'm SO GLAD you not only had a blast, but made progress, and kicked that scale's butt!
  • jadepearl
    Amazing news! Congrats! :+1: Glad to hear that your foot is getting better <3
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    In addition to the salty foods, I was also, in the wake of my accident, taking a type of anti-inflammatory that can cause fluid retention. I didn't think I was taking it long enough -- just five days-- to cause that particular side effect, but perhaps it did, because this morning I was down another pound. That brings me into the upper edge of my maintenance range and just under three pounds to my feel-best weight. Vacation-modified OMAD, coupled with a return to true OMAD the past three days, did the trick.
  • volgirl1322
    That is super awesome!!!! <3
  • jadepearl
    That's amazing news👍👏😘