Egg differences

SaltyJay5
SaltyJay5 Posts: 4 Member
Can someone explain the difference when looking up eggs? I see egg and whole egg. What's the difference cause I also see egg whites.
thanks in advance

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited August 2019
    You want to look up the size of egg. For example, I eat two whole jumbo eggs with breakfast.

Unless you get them from a farm, the nutritional information is on the packaging.

Are you using them in a recipe? If so, how?
  • SaltyJay5
    Just want to be able to log nutrition amounts for 1 large egg but when I look up eggs, it shows egg with different nutrition amounts than whole egg
  • SaltyJay5
    Just want to use for scramble in a wrap
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited August 2019
    I would look for an entry that says egg, whole, raw. I know you'll be cooking it, but those are generally better entries. Then compare to what the egg carton says. Just to be sure. As long as it's pretty close, it's fine for now. As you get closer to goal, or if you find over several weeks your weight isn't doing what you expect, you may need to start weighing them.

Edited for spelling because typing on my phone is bad.
  • SaltyJay5
    Thanks
  • Anabirgite
    Anabirgite Posts: 501 Member
    Not sure of difference between whole egg and just egg, but I buy egg whites separately and use for my smoothies since they are pasteurized. I also have several recipes where I uses egg yolks only or combinations of 3 whites one yolk etc...But pasteurized whites are convenient to have on hand to add additional protein to any dish and have no cholesterol which is often important for many individuals.
  • vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    According to the USDA, a large egg is approximately 78 calories. If you are adding anything additional to your scrambled egg that would add to the total, i.e. butter in the pan, etc.