30 day shred

Replies

• ThatJuJitsuWoman
    ThatJuJitsuWoman Posts: 155 Member
    chixy18 wrote: »
    Ooomg twins bless your heart!! My little guy is 16 months he’s usually up by 7 at the latest but hes been sleeping in 🤗 trimwithangie nope welcome to the group!!!

It’s a great feeling when they sleep in (or even sleep for a whole night!)! My nine year old was sleeping really well by the time he was 2 and a half, but these two just can’t seem to get the idea!
  • chixy18
    chixy18 Posts: 32 Member
    Lol im the opposite my ten yr old was my bad sleeper and my little guy was sleeping 10-12 hours by 8 weeks it was amazing lol..... on another note today was hard im sore n i was just tired so i did modified version today but walked more then normal since it was beautiful out! Tomorrow is another day and ill be ready for it!
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Not heard of this before. So, what happens on day 31 and after when it's finished?
  • ThatJuJitsuWoman
    Danp wrote: »
    Not heard of this before. So, what happens on day 31 and after when it's finished?

Well in my case I’ll be increasing my running for the half marathon I’m doing next spring 😊
    The idea is that it’s a kick-start for people who aren’t in a routine of regular exercise. A month is long enough to form a new habit, and long enough to feel that exercise really does make a difference to your body and mind. Hopefully most people will enjoy the difference and carry on with some kind of exercise.
  • ThatJuJitsuWoman
    Lol im the opposite my ten yr old was my bad sleeper and my little guy was sleeping 10-12 hours by 8 weeks it was amazing lol..... on another note today was hard im sore n i was just tired so i did modified version today but walked more then normal since it was beautiful out! Tomorrow is another day and ill be ready for it!

How are you feeling today? I’ve just finished my third workout. My shoulders and hips ached when I woke up, but I find an early morning workout helps me to loosen up.

Tomorrow is a running day so I won’t be doing the dvd as well, but I’ll still check in here and I’ll be back at it on Saturday!
  • chixy18
    Danp—-exactly what above said its a kick start its a work out that has three levels each done for ten days... in each workout you do three rounds that has cardio strength n abs in each round... so you get alittle of everything. Its nice because i get bored easily n normally why i stop exercising but with a new thing after 10 days i can stay focused.

Aphrodite-feeling better this morning yesterday my shoulders n hips were also hurting...im about to crank the music and get on with day 4! 😬
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Fair enough. If it's a 30 day prelude to something more permanent then that's great.

I guess I'm just sceptical of anything that has an end date or a time limit like that. They come across to me as predatory. Offering to "fix" in 30 days something that really needs to be a permanent and life long thing.
  • chixy18
    You also can start the series over if you want..its just set up to do each level for ten days which then equals 30 days..look it up its by jillian Michaels... its just a name of a workout..
    Yesterday my little guy was super needy so i didnt get a full shred in i cleaned my house top to bottom (he loves cleaning) but while cleaning i also did some exercises... something is better then nothing right!?
  • ThatJuJitsuWoman
    Something is always better than nothing!
    I didn’t ache much when I woke up this morning, so I had a good run. 4 miles in the pouring rain, burned plenty of calories. Back to the shred tomorrow, I’m glad my shoulders have had a chance to recover.
  • ThatJuJitsuWoman
    Day 5 done, and it’s starting to feel easier! I’m surprised to feel a difference so soon. No aches and pains this morning either 😊
  • chixy18
    No aches n pains this morning either! Woke up feeling great... 5 lbs down so all my bloating with water weight is down now its time for the real work! Im ready!
  • chixy18
    Ok weigh in for the day is 148.8!!!! Was at a picnic all day yesterday so didnt get the shred in but walked a ton! Got it in today though!
  • ThatJuJitsuWoman
    That’s a great loss for the first week! I went running again today. I have to run whenever I get chance, I won’t be able to go again until next weekend. 5 days of shred workouts coming up!
  • chopsuey99
    chopsuey99 Posts: 20 Member
    6th day done. Had an unplanned rest day yesterday. Going on holiday for the next five days and going to figure out how to keep on shredding.
  • ThatJuJitsuWoman
    chopsuey99 wrote: »
    6th day done. Had an unplanned rest day yesterday. Going on holiday for the next five days and going to figure out how to keep on shredding.

Well done! Have a great holiday, and good luck with finding a way to keep exercising!
  • ThatJuJitsuWoman
    I made my workout a bit harder today by using heavier weights. I only have a couple of tiny ones, but I’ll be buying a full set soon. Think my shoulders will ache again tomorrow!
  • trimwithangie
    trimwithangie Posts: 7 Member
    i am having such a hard time getting my mindset right. IDK what else to do to keep myself on track. I start my mornings off great and after lunch everything goes down hill. :s
  • chixy18
    I did a hiit workout today...i get too bored n will quit if i dont switch it up...but feeling great! Trimwith angie you can do it! I started watching revenge body n it motivated me
  • SteviB2019
    SteviB2019 Posts: 2 Member
    I did a hiit workout today...i get too bored n will quit if i dont switch it up...but feeling great! Trimwith angie you can do it! I started watching revenge body n it motivated me

Check out calisthenics and mobility drills to try something new before each workout. Gets a great stretch and warm up before throwing yourself into a tough one. Also helps motivate when you start to see the progress in just a few days.
  • ThatJuJitsuWoman
    Last day of level 1 tomorrow. It’s considerably easier than day 1, which has to be a good sign! My new scales have arrived so I’ll be able to update my weight in the morning.
    Angie, how are you doing? I find it easiest to exercise first thing in the morning. I’ve got the motivation and energy then, but if I leave it until later lots of other things seem to get in the way.